BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JDT and Dack bust up

We seem to be suffering from an epidemic of minor injuries. It’d be easier to name the guys who haven’t missed a game through injury this season. I can’t think of many !

Are we still paying the price for appointing the management team as late in the season we did and missing out on the fitness work ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Backroom

Easy to forget that with his hefty rump Dack is actually very good at holding up and shielding the ball. Exactly what we needed today as we repeatedly returned the ball to Birmingham in the final ten minutes with nobody on the pitch even remotely capable of holding it up and relieving the pressure a little.

I trust JDT's judgement on this but imo there was a place for Dack or a player similar to Dack today, and bringing on the likes of Dolan and Vale didn't really help. 

• Like 2

If there has been a bust up between Dack and JDT then both should be man enough to try to resolve their differences. 

We all know what Dack can do, maybe he can no longer play 90 minutes but hell he’s always going to be a threat on goal. 

Has a similar situation developed with Markanday? He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the first team despite being a promising youngster.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

If there has been a bust up between Dack and JDT then both should be man enough to try to resolve their differences. 

We all know what Dack can do, maybe he can no longer play 90 minutes but hell he’s always going to be a threat on goal. 

Has a similar situation developed with Markanday? He doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the first team despite being a promising youngster.

Injury-plagued

7 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I think honesty on behalf of the manager at the start of the season is the way to go in these situations.  JDT should have (maybe he did) say Bradley, you are not really going to fit into the system I want here.  You can stay and come off the bench now and again or you can move on.  No hard feelings.

He genuinely didn't know - it feels like he's only now just getting a handle on who our best players are and what their potential is. 

12 hours ago, booth said:

Yep we need a striker with pace in January. I think you'll be waiting a long time if you're expecting Hirst to get good in the short time he's on loan though.

I still think Hirst will come good and if you look at his season last season was similar was poor start in terms of goals. He need some confidence. 

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

A foot on the ball, a killer pass, some more presence to give them something to think about. We allowed them to push us further and further back simply because we had nothing up there.

I agree a pacy striker or a target man is what this squad needs but we don't have them, we do though have Dack who is still one of the best players in this league.

what is this notion/based that Dack is one of the best players in this league? his form over 2 years ago? 

Also, can I ask which player you would have sub for Dack to come on? 

For me, we need a Garrett or Buckley on yesterday to keep the midfield 3 solid. Adam Wharton looked shattered yesterday when he came off

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I believe he was pulled out of the U21 due to injury alongside Dylan M

Dack?

10 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Where does Markanday currently fit in how we are playing? 

BBD, Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges, Vale, Hirst all ahead of him. 

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still think Hirst will come good and if you look at his season last season was similar was poor start in terms of goals. He need some confidence. 

what is this notion/based that Dack is one of the best players in this league? his form over 2 years ago? 

For me, we need a Garrett or Buckley on yesterday to keep the midfield 3 solid. Adam Wharton looked shattered yesterday when he came off

Dack?

As a matter of interest where was Hirst yesterday ?

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack?

The way he is playing, Hirst will be lucky to keep his U21s place

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack?

John Buckley does not keep the midfield 3 solid

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As a matter of interest where was Hirst yesterday ?

Not in the match day squad and I would have thought he would have played in the in-house game at Brockhall between the first team players who didn't play yesterday and some of the under 21's players

On 23/10/2022 at 14:13, chaddyrovers said:

Not in the match day squad and I would have thought he would have played in the in-house game at Brockhall between the first team players who didn't play yesterday and some of the under 21's players

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Watching Dack yesterday and you can kind of understand why he’s not starting. 

Dack was playing a completely different role when he came on to what we have seen in the last few years. He spent most of his time yesterday working in our half closing them down and getting challenges in. In all honesty I was surprised when he came on as Garrett would have been more suitable for what Dack was doing. If he did start I don't think he would be asked to play so deep so judging him on yesterday isn't fair in my opinion.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Dack was playing a completely different role when he came on to what we have seen in the last few years. He spent most of his time yesterday working in our half closing them down and getting challenges in. In all honesty I was surprised when he came on as Garrett would have been more suitable for what Dack was doing. If he did start I don't think he would be asked to play so deep so judging him on yesterday isn't fair in my opinion.

Agreed - He showed willing but he was a square peg shoe-horned into a round hole yesterday. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

O I agree, abit of a lazy post so apologies. What I mean is sharpness & pace of closing down. He just seems like he’s got concrete boots on…

But I agree, his ability is best show in the box. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Maybe JDT gave him that role to test his attitude ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

O I agree, abit of a lazy post so apologies. What I mean is sharpness & pace of closing down. He just seems like he’s got concrete boots on…

But I agree, his ability is best show in the box. 

Yeah. The way it turned out, Garrett would have been a much better fit. Maybe, JDT thought they could get Dack on the ball a bit?

I did smile at the idea of JDT being Godlike in testing Dack, as if he was Adam or Job?

• Like 3