BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

Good performance, played really well all round. That said Wales were absolutely miles off it...

Dont think I can get excited about us though till we beat a good side. Probably not till the quarters we will meet a real contender, assuming we get past Senegal who look talented and athletic, but maybe not top end.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Home to former Rover Spit the dog El Hadj Diouf.

A signing that at the time was a real stain on this great club, little did we know that rat would pale into insignificance with what was to come.

Intyrestingly England have never played Senegal. Indeed Senegal have played very few teams outside of Africa. I guess because with the ACN and world cup qualifying the schedule is absolutely rammed with games against other continental teams. 

Even France, the former colonial power, have only played them once (that amazing win in 2002). Very odd really.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegal_national_football_team

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We were a lot better but that first half was awful. Like Rovers at the moment - once we score first we’re a threat.

We started with walking football, CBs passing to themselves or out wide who then go back to the CBs rinse repeat.

That low intensity spreads throughout and we struggled to go forward and it made speed merchants like Rashford look redundant for long periods in the first half. Wales were doing nothing to break the cycle. 

No wonder Kane drops deep.

We did have 3 or so good moves creating the Rashford shot and one by Foden following sublime flicks by Bellingham.

It all changed when we got the first goal and we just dominated from then on.

I've watched Senegal games, we will need to start the game quicker. They are a bit unpredictable so a danger for sure.

• Like 1

Wales were poor. In the first half they didn't try to play, however I don't blame them for that as every time they ventured past the halfway line they'd lose the ball and England were off. As soon as England scored it was over as a contest. It was barely one before.

Overall a good performance from England. 3 goals, although should have been more, subs got a run out, and first place in the group. 

Roll on Sunday against Senegal. 

After the 3rd went in I switched over to the USA-Iran game. I'm glad USA are through. They have a young, talented squad who work hard. Their undoing will be the lack of a goal threat.

Iran on the other hand are a terrible advert for football. Diving, fouling, complaining, annoying the officials, dirty tricks all around. I'm glad that they are going home.

• Like 2

England should wrap Kyle Walker in cotton wool. Assuming it's France v England in the quarters he's our only defender with the pace to compete with Mbappe. Best thing for England this World Cup is the rehabilitation of Marcus Rashford who's finally getting back to the form of a few years ago. Good to see. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Intyrestingly England have never played Senegal. Indeed Senegal have played very few teams outside of Africa. I guess because with the ACN and world cup qualifying the schedule is absolutely rammed with games against other continental teams. 

Even France, the former colonial power, have only played them once (that amazing win in 2002). Very odd really.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegal_national_football_team

My dad's just said 'Typical, we have Senegal AGAIN'.

Amazing how your mind plays tricks on you.

• Like 5

We looked much better when we lost the ball and we suddenly pressed with intensity, played a few quick passes and ran at them. Having tons of the ball against a team set up to not conceade just wasn't good to watch and we created very little.

With the players we've got we could really hurt teams on the break which will hopefully help us against better teams. I'm just praying we don't score early in an important game as that's when it all goes wrong for us. 

• Like 2

On 28/11/2022 at 21:09, Hasta said:

Guy slides in to tackle with his arm behind his back and Fernandez puts ball through the guys leg and hits the guys hand behind his back as he is going to ground.

Ref waves play on. VAR says ‘clear and obvious’ error. Ref then agrees.

Thanks for that. This is why I wish the fans in ground and at home watching on TV could hear what is being discuss by the VAR people and the ref.

On 28/11/2022 at 21:26, roversfan99 said:

I don't see why it has to be unless there has been a rule change. Give me the best person for the job regardless of nationality.

Because the best countries should be employing their own countryman in the national team management. Do other leading countries like Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Brazil, Argentina employ overseas managers? 

13 hours ago, renrag said:

It doesn’t seem to worry anyone that cricket and rugby coaches are not English. I agree that ideally it would be better 

I can't talk about Rugby as I don't follow it myself. It's interesting point that in the last 20 years that England success has come under Overseas coaches. 

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

US v Iran 

One evil regime against another

Hands up who’s supporting Iran? 

Only thing that should matter is Football and nothing outside of that