BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

It's f**&-,in tiresome being on here. Why can't we show some positivity. We have one of the best defensive records and the best attacks playing In a world cup with no obvious favourite. Yes some realism but every sentence is argued with 'yes but we haven't played anyone ' or 'mbappe will be too good' or 'we are defensively weak' jees rovers have turned everyone into pessimists. 

England are the world cup top scorers 

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

To be fair our current #9 fancies himself as a CM, so why not?

Kane's ability to drop deep and link the play up is one of his biggest assets we got as a team.  

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Whatever anyone's thoughts are on our chances against France, it's shaping up to be a great set of quarter-final games.

Holland v Argentina

England v France

And hopefully...

Brazil v Croatia

Portugal v Spain

You could call any one of those a final. 😋

I'm hoping Japan and Morocco get through

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

You turned Iran from being a very good side into a pub team within the space of 24hrs when England smashed them earlier in the competition

Don't lecture anyone else about trolling would be my advice. 

Iran were a decent side - as they showed by beating Wales. They're the only team to have scored against England. I never said they were a "pub side" - those are your words

You also described the 1960s and 70s Brazil team as playing in a "pub league" which is truly remarkable seeing as those teams  contained soon of the greatest players the world  has seen.

Pele and Garrincha "pub footballers".  Most people would say that was trollling 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Couldn't agree more but I think they will fear our midfield.  Neither touachemeni or rabiot stand out.  Touachemeni has been  criticised for not taking the midfield by the scruff of the neck unlike Bellingham who stamps his authority on midfield.  We can have alot of joy against kounde who is playing out of position.  Also theo hernandez isn't great defensively.  Rashford up against upemacano is interesting as he absolutely tore him apart a couple of years ago. This is a French team that can be beaten. Of course mbappe Is a big factor

Mbappe and Griesman are their greatest threats. Shackle those two and the door opens as we have the attacking threat to get through their defence and not hit shots straight at the legs of Loris.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RoverDom said:

He's criminally under rated as a player. I think he's great, he does a lot of the dirty ugly work that no one else wants to do that and is an experienced leader on the pitch. He does a lot of shouting and organising which I don't really see from Harry Kane but which I think is so vital for our younger players. Work rate is off the charts as well. 

I've thought this season he's not been at it and maybe age is catching up to his high energy game but when he's in the mood he was last night he has to start

He is. He makes other players better. He's not flashy at all. He has been on the right of the 3, which if where he plays his best football for Liverpool. He does a lot of covering for TAA. If Southgate keeps the same team (which I hope he does) he can help with Mbappe. 

I think that Rodgers and Gerrard would have had a league title if it wasn't for Henderson being sent off against City a few years ago. They were lost without him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah... hard to disagree. The other main contenders - France, Brazil, Spain, Argentina - have all really struggled at times. I've been surprised how much really. England had a flat performance against US but were never looking like they could actually lose the game, unlike France vs Tunisia, Brazil vs Cameroon, Argentina vs Saudi Arabia, Spain vs Japan. 

I know the France, Brazil, Spain were all playing weakened teams, but still.... they should have won those games comfortably given the players they put out.

I wouldn't say England are the favorites though, still think Brazil and France have slightly better chances of winning the trophy.

A mate of mine was at the England-USA game. His view of it in person was that Southgate set the team up not to lose, and with it progression secured. USA wouldn't have scored if they played for 3 hours.

England do look confident. 1 goal conceded from open play (the second was never a penalty), and more chances being created. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Minnows is a ridiculous way to describe two good sides, one of whom were World Cup finals last time, but they aren't top teams because they don't have top players in the final third.

I'm referring to Japan as minnows.  They can beat Croatia but it always breaks down at the last minute 

Just one question.  Should Brazil play Korea and Japan in the next two games then play Netherlands In the semi final then beat France England Portugal or Spain in the final will people say they've had an easy route like they always throw at us.  The final will be the first real test they've had all tournament 

Edited by roverandout

28 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Just one question.  Should Brazil play Korea and Japan in the next two games then play Netherlands In the semi final then beat France England Portugal or Spain in the final will people say they've had an easy route like they always throw at us.  The final will be the first real test they've had all tournament 

Argentinians may well do.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Why do these minnows have such good build up play but have such shit end product 

I drew Canada in our sweepstake. They played some of the most exciting build up play ive seen, full of pace and direct running. Alfonso Davis is a top class winger/full back. They were absolutely terrible when it came to composure infront of goal. Had Belgium all over the place but couldnt hit a barn door.