BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t get this slant were Big Sam got slated for racking the cue after being 3-0 up yet the current manager can park the bus against the bottom of the league at 1-0 up and it’s a tactical master stroke.

You might disagree with him, you might not enjoy watching it, but whilst it continues to work (12 games and counting) I'm not sure you can criticise it as a tactical choice.

• Like 1

So? That’s his approach and it’s working. Three points. 12 wins from 20, in the automatic promotion positions with a middling budget.

You’ve obviously got a bee in your bonnet, as what I believe is a rare trip to Ewood didn’t entertain you like you’d hope, but it doesn’t alter the fact it’s been a bloody good season thus far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t want to know. If a player ever told me anything in confidence that’s how it would stay.

Well maybe he shouldn't mention on a forum already then

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I’m just looking at the player ratings on the site, and if our two full backs were our best players I must have had a lot more to drink in the pub than I thought. In that second half, every time the left winger went at Brittain he got to the bye line and either won a corner or put a cross in. It was the centre halves and midfielders getting back in the centre and their good positioning that ended up nullifying that threat.

Zaroury and Benson will go past those two for fun next week. It’s whether they can actually deliver a telling ball once they get to the bye line or cut inside.

Benson played up front for them against Sheffield United. 

Brittain was my man of the match and I thought he deserved his award yesterday. Pickering and Morton was also very good yesterday

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So? That’s his approach and it’s working. Three points. 12 wins from 20, in the automatic promotion positions with a middling budget.

You’ve obviously got a bee in your bonnet, as what I believe is a rare trip to Ewood didn’t entertain you like you’d hope, but it doesn’t alter the fact it’s been a bloody good season thus far.

We got the best home record in the league with 8 wins and 2 losses this season. Ewood Park is now a fortress 

22 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Didn’t you spend most of pre season tickling peoples balls about your meeting with waggott . At least the lad has private messages people with what was said

I had a meeting with Waggott and I gave a summary of the meeting on here. 

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Tella was up top. Benson was wide right.

I'm still confident that Brittain and Pickering can deal with them

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t want to know. If a player ever told me anything in confidence that’s how it would stay.

I’d guess it’s nothing a lot of people haven’t already heard being whispered at the match.

Dack was due to be on the bench against Sunderland but was taken off the day before after having a big barny about his stats. JDT thinks he’s not putting the work in, Dack says his stats evidence that he is… then he got Mowbray to push the message out that his stats are better than ever in his post-match interview, which went down even worse. 

His agent is now pushing him all over for a January move. 

Happy to be proven wrong - or it might be something else - its only whispers but a few people are all saying the same thing.

• Like 3

Lots of elaborate theories, assumptions and bits of supposed gossip about Dack. What we can look at is what happens on the pitch, and I think it is fair to suggest that Vale and Hirst are not up to it, and that Dack (even if we write off his chances of a start which we shouldnt) could potentially be a better option. We have never come back in 8 games from conceding the first goal so although Tomasson in general has done very well thus far, that is a huge area of potential improvement based on the fact that what he has done in those situations has been objectively unproductive.

We can debate the merits of Dack all day long. The difference he could make, sniffing out a goal etc etc. We all know he’s a far superior player to Hirst and Vale (well most of us do).

But it’s all moot when there’s obviously been a personality clash… and there’s only going to be one winner. 

It’s a sad situation for all involved, but we might as well move on.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can debate the merits of Dack all day long. We all know he’s a far superior player to Hirst and Vale (well most of us do).

But it’s all moot when there’s obviously been a personality clash… and there’s only going to be one winner. 

It’s a sad situation for all involved, but we might as well move on.

I think he will play at West Ham . Might be his last 90 in a rovers shirt 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of elaborate theories, assumptions and bits of supposed gossip about Dack. What we can look at is what happens on the pitch, and I think it is fair to suggest that Vale and Hirst are not up to it, and that Dack (even if we write off his chances of a start which we shouldnt) could potentially be a better option. We have never come back in 8 games from conceding the first goal so although Tomasson in general has done very well thus far, that is a huge area of potential improvement based on the fact that what he has done in those situations has been objectively unproductive.

I don't think JB post is far off what has happened and, in that case, JDT will not see his authority challenge by any player at the club and given his lack of involvement in the last 2 months would that not signal to yourself that JDT doesn't see him as important player like yourself or others do in his team selection, what he demands on and off the ball, etc? 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Youve missed my point.

Oh well. 

39 minutes ago, 47er said:

Except under Allardyce?

It was the Neanderthal attack plans that I didn’t enjoy: Samba trundling up every time to not win headers from Pedersen’s not long throws, while Diouf stood on the goalie’s foot. We don’t score many under this fella, but a lot of what we do score are really cracking goals.