BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can debate the merits of Dack all day long. The difference he could make, sniffing out a goal etc etc. We all know he’s a far superior player to Hirst and Vale (well most of us do).

But it’s all moot when there’s obviously been a personality clash… and there’s only going to be one winner. 

It’s a sad situation for all involved, but we might as well move on.

There can only be one winner if it’s come down to this. The manager has to be seen to be in charge and what he says has to be the final word. Dack has been great for us and pre injuries he was a shining light. As good a player as we’ve had out of the Premier League. Not quite in the Garner, Speedie league but not far behind. Just my opinion of course. I’ll be really sorry to see him go but the manager has to prevail in situations like this.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

It was the Neanderthal attack plans that I didn’t enjoy: Samba trundling up every time to not win headers from Pedersen’s not long throws, while Diouf stood on the goalie’s foot. We don’t score many under this fella, but a lot of what we do score are really cracking goals.

If we win on Sunday with a goal just like that I’ll be doing handstands !

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think JB post is far off what has happened and, in that case, JDT will not see his authority challenge by any player at the club and given his lack of involvement in the last 2 months would that not signal to yourself that JDT doesn't see him as important player like yourself or others do in his team selection, what he demands on and off the ball, etc? 

Oh well. 

Its assumptions that have spread like wild fire to create this narrative that Dack has been a constant source of trouble.

I am well aware that Tomasson doesnt see him as an important player, although I don't necessarily mirror every opinion I have around his. 

Just on the off the ball stuff, we dont press with any intensity anyway but Vale in particular is quite lazy from that side of things too, but he doesnt have much ability on the ball either.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

It was the Neanderthal attack plans that I didn’t enjoy: Samba trundling up every time to not win headers from Pedersen’s not long throws, while Diouf stood on the goalie’s foot. We don’t score many under this fella, but a lot of what we do score are really cracking goals.

To be honest all I ever wanted was 2 up front. That's what really grated me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Fair enough. Its a results game though---you agree? That game against Spurs at Ewood when we didn't play all day and won 2-1 in the last few minutes with 2 Neanderthal goals from Samba remains one of my most joyful memories!! I laugh just thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

Fair enough. Its a results game though---you agree? That game against Spurs at Ewood when we didn't play all day and won 2-1 in the last few minutes with 2 Neanderthal goals from Samba remains one of my most joyful memories!! I laugh just thinking about it.

Still remember that game, walking away shaking my head wondering how on earth we had filched a win

The beauty of Sam Allardyce. I miss him

• Like 4

Whilst always room for improvement I am ecstatic where we are currently up to. Very suprising.

All year I have expected a run of defeats to kick in, but after a bad result we have bounced back with strength and character.

Loving our defensive prowess and commitment to playing good football. The players giving us everything.

I wouldn't over analyse it. Just keep the focus on not conceeding and winning more than we lose.

We would all have settled for top six pre- season. The squad is thin in parts.  That remains the aim.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

here you are again and you even asked questions from my summary didn't you if my memory serves me right

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35019-steve-waggott/?do=findComment&comment=2346823

A bare few paragraphs with no insight but including the classic 'Also just for the record I won't be answering any questions on the meeting'

Now though you expect another poster to tell all on a public forum.

Your lack of self awareness is astounding.

Well,there are other words for it but kids and snowflakes may be reading.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its assumptions that have spread like wild fire to create this narrative that Dack has been a constant source of trouble.

I am well aware that Tomasson doesnt see him as an important player, although I don't necessarily mirror every opinion I have around his. 

Just on the off the ball stuff, we dont press with any intensity anyway but Vale in particular is quite lazy from that side of things too, but he doesnt have much ability on the ball either.

No one has said he has constant source of trouble have they? 

No one has asked you to mirror JDT opinion but accept his decisions and why he has made it that decision. 

I don't know why you compare Dack and Vale when they played different positions. Vale shown decent link play when he came on. 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A bare few paragraphs with no insight but including the classic 'Also just for the record I won't be answering any questions on the meeting'

Now though you expect another poster to tell all on a public forum.

Your lack of self awareness is astounding.

Well,there are other words for it but kids and snowflakes may be reading.

What insight would you like from the meeting? Also, I didn't take my PA with me to my meeting so they could write down word for word from what was said in the meeting with Waggott 😂

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No one has said he has constant source of trouble have they? 

No one has asked you to mirror JDT opinion but accept his decisions and why he has made it that decision. 

I don't know why you compare Dack and Vale when they played different positions. Vale shown decent link play when he came on. 

What insight would you like from the meeting? Also, I didn't take my PA with me to my meeting so they could write down word for word from what was said in the meeting with Waggott 😂

What does "accept his decisions" even mean? I don't agree with them so I will say as much, not try to understand it. I don't understand why inferior players are brought on ahead of him. Dack is more likely to score or assist than Vale or Hirst.

Some of the crap I have read (him not wanting to train extra due to reality TV is a new highlight) is just fabricated nonsense done with the intention of justifying the situation.

On the meeting, you said absolutely nothing after courting attention in advance of the meeting, so hypocrisy is a fair criticism. Throw in the irony of you saying that people need to get over Dack when you are as vocal on the topic as anyone, and you can see why you get the flak at times.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What does "accept his decisions" even mean? I don't agree with them so I will say as much, not try to understand it. I don't understand why inferior players are brought on ahead of him. Dack is more likely to score or assist than Vale or Hirst.

I think it's quite clear what it means. Dack doesn't play the same position as either Vale or Hirst, so the comparison is the right one. If you want to compare, then it should be with Szmodics. 

Some of the crap I have read (him not wanting to train extra due to reality TV is a new highlight) is just fabricated nonsense done with the intention of justifying the situation.

Well, if you think its fabricated nonsense fair enough but I think they is more to these rumours and other things we don't know. 

On the meeting, you said absolutely nothing after courting attention in advance of the meeting, so hypocrisy is a fair criticism. Throw in the irony of you saying that people need to get over Dack when you are as vocal on the topic as anyone, and you can see why you get the flak at times.

I gave a summary of the meeting. I don't know what more people like you wanted. 

I've never said people need to get over Dack but my comments have been that JDT doesn't see Dack any more than bit part player and the team has moved on from being over reliant on Dack now from the Mowbray's era. We are second in the league, 5 wins in 6 games and best home record in the league but still the talk is about Dack not featuring instead of the players that have played a major part or some part getting us into this great position of being second in the league after 20 games

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think it's quite clear what it means. Dack doesn't play the same position as either Vale or Hirst, so the comparison is the right one. If you want to compare, then it should be with Szmodics. 

Well, if you think its fabricated nonsense fair enough but I think they is more to these rumours and other things we don't know. 

I gave a summary of the meeting. I don't know what more people like you wanted. 

I've never said people need to get over Dack but my comments have been that JDT doesn't see Dack any more than bit part player and the team has moved on from being over reliant on Dack now from the Mowbray's era. We are second in the league, 5 wins in 6 games and best home record in the league but still the talk is about Dack not featuring instead of the players that have played a major part or some part getting us into this great position of being second in the league after 20 games

My main point has been how Dack has not been utilised at least as a sub, including on occasions when Hirst and/or Vale have been given game time ahead of him. So yes, there CAN be a comparison made between Dack and Hirst/Vale, irrespective of their best position. Dack IMO could and should have been used far more within those 8 losses whereby Tomasson has not managed to overcome a goal deficit.

I do rate him higher than Szmodics too and I would have him starting but at least Szmodics has shown some use when he has played unlike Hirst and Vale. Him being ahead of Hirst, Vale and even Dolan as a sub is very clear cut, he is miles better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My main point has been how Dack has not been utilised at least as a sub, including on occasions when Hirst and/or Vale have been given game time ahead of him. So yes, there CAN be a comparison made between Dack and Hirst/Vale, irrespective of their best position. Dack IMO could and should have been used far more within those 8 losses whereby Tomasson has not managed to overcome a goal deficit.

I do rate him higher than Szmodics too and I would have him starting but at least Szmodics has shown some use when he has played unlike Hirst and Vale. Him being ahead of Hirst, Vale and even Dolan as a sub is very clear cut, he is miles better.

There have been 4 league games when Dack has played 45 minutes or more and we have just the 3 points from those games which is way down on our record when he doesn't play.

On 06/11/2022 at 12:00, J*B said:

Seems as obvious to me as it does to you, I suspect. 

As things stand out best team involves playing Kaminski; Brittain, Hyam, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering; Travis, Morton, +1; Brereton and Gallagher in a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2.

There’s only one position up to grabs for me and that’s the third midfielder. Wharton or Szmodics … or Dack, if the bust up with JDT can be repaired. 

Or Mola

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The only opinion that counts is JDTs.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes Dack might have made a different or he might not have done in those games, but we will do as fact that the in the games we have won that has led us second place and 5 wins in 6 last games he has barely feature and only played 29 mins of the last 6 games. 

Szmodics has started 4 out the last 6 games (plus another sub appearance) which we won 5 of those 6 games. Szmodics has 3 goals and 1 assist in 14 league appearances. 

You said Dack is miles better than Dolan, Hirst or Vale even tho he can't play in those positions as they do. Based on his performance this season in the league this isn't true. Dolan has 2 goals and 4 assists this season in championship