BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Could Håkon Evjen be the midfielder that was being looked at today? He was a player of interest during the summer if I remember correctly. He came on as a sub today in the game between AZ and Vitesse.

Doesn't directly qualify on points system for work permit, would have to go to exceptions panel.

48 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone hoping for JVH back can pretty much ignore that after his performance today for Brighton. Brilliant against Boro, best player on the pitch by far. 

Yeah Brighton fans raving about him, we missed a chance getting him in the summer I think,  he's going to the top JPvH 

• Like 4

Van Hecke should've been a target from January, last year, before his stock rose too high. We don't know if Rovers did enquire about him but, if so, it didn't make it into the media, as far as I know. Had we planned ahead and raised some cash by selling either Lenihan, Nyambe or Rothwell before they left on frees, who knows, it might have been more possible. That said, with the managerial uncertainty here and having broken into the Dutch U21 squad, the player would likely have fancied his chances of returning to the Prem and getting games.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Reda Khadra may be returning to Brighton after not making it on loan at Sheff Utd. I would look to sign him here, if we could. He divided opinion but I recall that winter surge we had last season, with Buckley playing as a lone No.10, and it was Khadra's pace and directness that had a big role in that good spell.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Bellamy was better than RSC and Jansen. And I loved Jansen. 

Yup, absolutely phenomenal player. On his day could do things I've only really seen the likes of Thierry Henry do... that goal against Boro was ridiculous. 

Shame he was a nut case, as if he'd had his head screwed on he would have been one of the Premier League all time greats. Instead he bounced around, had periods of top class form (like he did with  us) and then would sit out long periods on the bench.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J*B said:

Anyone hoping for JVH back can pretty much ignore that after his performance today for Brighton. Brilliant against Boro, best player on the pitch by far. 

Would have been nice but cb is the one area we are strongest ATM. We all know there are other positions that need strengthening before that

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers want 15 mil for BBD and that's the asking price

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20972437/newcastle-everton-west-ham-leeds-ben-brereton-transfer-blackburn/

Madness if you ask me.

We need funds to revitalise this squad and they're not coming from anywhere else - well besides someone poaching A. Wharton and Phillips.

Sell before he leaves for nothing, automatic promotion is out of reach now.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Madness if you ask me.

We need funds to revitalise this squad and they're not coming from anywhere else - well besides someone poaching A. Wharton and Phillips.

Glad to see someone of a similar mindset. 

If we don’t sell BBD this month we have gambled:

1) We will be in the top four sides excluding Burnley and Sheffield United 

2) We will beat two of the other four sides (the first over two legs) 

3) Doing 1 & 2 will be enough to encourage him to stay 

If we don’t achieve points 1 (and 2) we will be faced with the prospect of replacing one of the best players in the league with whatever budget we can put together. 

Let’s not forget Ben can choose to sign for a foreign team today for nothing, albeit he wouldn’t move until summer. 

• Like 1

Is that it? Sunday morning and nuuuuuttttthhhhhhhiiiinnnnn to report ? Unbelievable... well I suppose not - this January Window thing should be seen for the nonsense that it actually is. Rovers are always made to wait to the last possible moment by other clubs, always dither and procrastinate on 'targets', always end up rushing things and making mistakes and ending up with a 25% 'success rate' on incoming players. I don't know why we even bother looking to see what might be happening until the last 2 days of the window.

How far we have fallen. What a shadow of a club we have become. What fools are we for believing otherwise. What hope is there whilst we stagger on under the yoke of mysterious stay-away owners? I haven't even got the energy for Stockholm Syndrome under this lot any more.

VENKYS OUT!

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Madness if you ask me.

I think selling him and reinvesting is the right thing to do. 

We can’t keep letting players with any value walk for nothing.

• Like 1

15 million for our forward is way too much 5 to 8 million is better then nothing. He is not pulling out trees at the moment he could be a one season wonder 🤔 

Moving up a level means better defenders harder to score for me sell now and reinvest in the team

• Like 2

Ebioewi going to hull…even Preston pulling their funds together to bring a signing in, a striker which they need. Blackpool have brought loans in!!

What have we done? What are we even doing? We are 3rd in the league FFS. It’s total embarrassment! we have needed another striker/ midfielder since before the season started. Why the hell have we no one in yet? Do they know there are games to be played during this window?

The top of our club are utterly clueless!!!! We will venture nowhere with them VENKYS OUT.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gav said:

Sell sell sell….

I still think selling him would have a negative impact on the club chances of getting a top 6 place and playoff place. If you are going to sell him then you need replace him with left side attacking player and striker aswell

11 hours ago, Swanson said:

Could Håkon Evjen be the midfielder that was being looked at today? He was a player of interest during the summer if I remember correctly. He came on as a sub today in the game between AZ and Vitesse.

What type of player is Hakon Evjen? 

• Moderation Lead
13 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not clicking on any link to the website of that vile rag, but I’m presuming this is Nixon reporting?

If so it’ll be lazy journalism in a publication known for untruths. Certainly don’t take it as gospel.

It absolutely baffles me that anyone listens to anything Nixon has to say any more.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Preston pulling their funds together to bring a signing in, a striker which they need. Blackpool have brought loans in!!

Preston are bringing in Everton striker Tom Cannon. Barely played any football yet. They brought in Parrott in the summer who is again young striker who scored 1 goal in 13 games. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Preston are bringing in Everton striker Tom Cannon. Barely played any football yet. They brought in Parrott in the summer who is again young striker who scored 1 goal in 13 games. 

The point is we’re slow to the races…like always. We will leave it too late, “miss out” on targets like Dembele. And be left with horse…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The point is we’re slow to the races…like always. We will leave it too late, “miss out” on targets like Dembele. And be left with horse…

We simply don't know what is going behind the scenes tho. We don't know who targets are and whether we have made offers for them and still in negotiations over transfer terms or loans terms

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yup, absolutely phenomenal player. On his day could do things I've only really seen the likes of Thierry Henry do... that goal against Boro was ridiculous. 

Shame he was a nut case, as if he'd had his head screwed on he would have been one of the Premier League all time greats. Instead he bounced around, had periods of top class form (like he did with  us) and then would sit out long periods on the bench.

Nothing to do with the fact he was a bit of a nut case, that made him a better player. It was injuries that hampered Bellamy. 

• Like 1