BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Turns out the rumours weren't true anyway, but can you itemise the £6.5m?  I've got a feeling that figure is about as accurate as Gav's claim that when Gally plays we average over 3 points per game. 

I wonder the same. The highest I can get to is £4.5m, and that only by rounding up. The figure I arrive at without rounding anything up is £3.9m

3 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Each to their own, but I don’t watch for the outcome. The outcome is something to hope for.

I certainly watch in the hope that we win and not in the hope that the performance of our players increase their value. When we lose I’m pretty down about it and the opposite when we win. I would hate to think that the players and management have other ideas other than  winning matches that inevitably leads to success if we win enough. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Are you using Samsung Internet on your phone? I think the issue is with that not, the site. My phone did an OS update before Xmas & it's been like that ever since.

If you use Google Chrome instead, everything works fine.

I've got Samsung Internet on my works phone and it's shite. Chrome is really good tbf 

• Like 2

I’d go one further and say JDT will be gone by the end of next season if we are not promoted or seriously pushing. The guy was a winner as a player, has been a winner in his short managerial career and will undoubtedly be in a rush to get into the Premier League asap. It wouldn’t surprise me if he has designs on managing one of the super clubs and sees us as a stepping stone!

”Get Rovers promoted asap, make a statement in the PL by keeping them up / mid table and then get a move…”

Sure I remember an interview with GB where he described JDT as ‘very ambitious’ whilst saying he ‘hoped’ we could keep him (JDT) happy over the longer term (by meeting his ambitious plans)

Hes in a hurry, which is all good for us!

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d go one further and say JDT will be gone by the end of next season if we are not promoted or seriously pushing. The guy was a winner as a player, has been a winner in his short managerial career and will undoubtedly be in a rush to get into the Premier League asap. It wouldn’t surprise me if he has designs on managing one of the super clubs and sees us as a stepping stone!

”Get Rovers promoted asap, make a statement in the PL by keeping them up / mid table and then get a move…”

Sure I remember an interview with GB where he described JDT as ‘very ambitious’ whilst saying he ‘hoped’ we could keep him (JDT) happy over the longer term (by meeting his ambitious plans)

Hes in a hurry, which is all good for us!

He'd have to do a better and more consistent job then if that's what he wants. I'm all for him using us as a stepping stone if it means we have some success. Nothing I've seen so far suggests he is going to be an elite/top level manager. When its good it's really good but some of these defeats so far this season have been shocking. Even the games we are winning at the moment are by the odd goal. How we are third I've no idea and it gives me hope, how far we could go if we put a run together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

He'd have to do a better and more consistent job then if that's what he wants. I'm all for him using us as a stepping stone if it means we have some success. Nothing I've seen so far suggests he is going to be an elite/top level manager. When its good it's really good but some of these defeats so far this season have been shocking. Even the games we are winning at the moment are by the odd goal. How we are third I've no idea and it gives me hope, how far we could go if we put a run together.

I think some people need to step back and take an objective look at our squad. 

To be third with the players JDT has at his disposal is, quite frankly, absurd. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think some people need to step back and take an objective look at our squad. 

To be third with the players JDT has at his disposal is, quite frankly, absurd. 

Did you think the same at this stage last season out of curiosity? (considering people believe we strengthened in the summer)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Did you think the same at this stage last season out of curiosity? (considering people believe we strengthened in the summer)

I knew it was unsustainable last year too - pre-Christmas Brereton-Diaz was converting chances at a ridiculous rate (didn't he nearly score 20 goals by January?).

We were built on a solid back 3 (+ GK) keeping clean sheets and nicking a goal at the other end. Once Brereton-Diaz got injured that fell apart - we were desperate for anyone else to score during that death spiral.

Is the squad stronger this year than last? I'd say yes because it's more balanced, players have developed under JDT and it's not flooded with loans (I have high hopes for Garrett, Wharton and Phillips).

We SHOULD end up in the Playoffs this year after our start, but that does partly depend on what the parachute payment clubs do in January... and of course whether we find any money down the back of the sofa - we're still desperate for a goal scorer.

• Like 3

Let's see Mola in his proper position he seems like a lively player we often need to be closing down quicker in midfield.  He certainly isn't a LB or LWB that's obvious and i'm no fan of shoe horning players in anywhere just to see how they cope.

JRC is a good example though of how sometimes after a tough start they just click when they get a bit stronger and more used to it.

I know he was awful against that lot but for me that one is on the head coach.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Liam Delap is joining Preston on loan.

I know a few people mentioned his name on here as a potential signing.

Yeah I'd of liked him here but not sure how well he's done this season at stoke. It's a bit of a coincidence that he's left the day after his dad did. Surely he can't follow his dad around and should forge his own career. 

Edit - while we're on about players from man city. Maybe we should look into Cole palmer. Can't see him getting much game time now they're out of the league cup.

Edited by Danny O.Brien

20 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Liam Delap is joining Preston on loan.

I know a few people mentioned his name on here as a potential signing.

Won't find any complaints from me, 3 goals in 22 games this season. Looks like a body for the sake of a body to me!

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I knew it was unsustainable last year too - pre-Christmas Brereton-Diaz was converting chances at a ridiculous rate (didn't he nearly score 20 goals by January?).

We were built on a solid back 3 (+ GK) keeping clean sheets and nicking a goal at the other end. Once Brereton-Diaz got injured that fell apart - we were desperate for anyone else to score during that death spiral.

Is the squad stronger this year than last? I'd say yes because it's more balanced, players have developed under JDT and it's not flooded with loans (I have high hopes for Garrett, Wharton and Phillips).

We SHOULD end up in the Playoffs this year after our start, but that does partly depend on what the parachute payment clubs do in January... and of course whether we find any money down the back of the sofa - we're still desperate for a goal scorer.

Yeah that's fair to a certain extent, but I think the unsustainability bit is more directed at the manager, CEO and owners, as we always knew there was a potential death spiral round the corner and we had a relative weak January window.

But regarding the top 2 paragraphs. A solid Back Line and converting goals is exactly what you need to get out of this division / win cups. Nicking the odd goal is a bit harsh too, we had a +13 GD at this stage, despite a 7-0 drubbing, scoring 43 goals (compared to 30 this year), including 4-0 4-0 5-1 wins in that time. We only actually won by 1 goal a very small amount of times.

Re: Brereton I think a lot of that comes down to the current manager. We played more to his strengths last year, this year we have the most passes in our own half and least passes in an opposition half, we create absolutely nothing and he's not getting much service at all. He wasn't picking the ball up in his own box and scoring Maradona goals last year, we were just a better team giving him better service and playing to his strengths more.

Last year we were 2nd, playing good football, deserving to be up there. Unfortunately the inevitable wheels came off, but I had far more expectation then than I do now, looking at where we rank in every department this year; shots per game 23rd, shots on target per game 18th, shots conceded per game 17th, xG 23rd, xGA 19th, goals per game 13th, points from losing positions 24th! I know only one stats counts at the end of the season, but unless we drastically turn those stats around and improve our starting 11 in January, it's not a case of 'we should' finish in the playoffs, it's a case of 'we won't'

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23244887.clinton-mola-will-stay-blackburn-rovers-january-transfer-window/

Mola isn't going anywhere. Largely because can't play for anyone else this season, having played for us and his parent club already.

I still think Mola has a chance on the left side of a center midfield three.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Let's see Mola in his proper position he seems like a lively player we often need to be closing down quicker in midfield.  He certainly isn't a LB or LWB that's obvious and i'm no fan of shoe horning players in anywhere just to see how they cope.

JRC is a good example though of how sometimes after a tough start they just click when they get a bit stronger and more used to it.

I know he was awful against that lot but for me that one is on the head coach.

I completely agree, think there's a very good player in Mola, he lacks confidence and needs to play in his right position.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah I'd of liked him here but not sure how well he's done this season at stoke. It's a bit of a coincidence that he's left the day after his dad did. Surely he can't follow his dad around and should forge his own career. 

Edit - while we're on about players from man city. Maybe we should look into Cole palmer. Can't see him getting much game time now they're out of the league cup.

If City made Palmer available for loan it would be a premier League team or Foreign team he would be joining unfortunately