BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

The hierarchy at the club has already said that we need to stop allowing players leave for free. In fact JDT says it basically every single press conference. So constantly complaining about it on a daily basis,when GB has been in charge for about 7 months is ridiculous. 

My point on Chelsea losing players on a free is that it can happen to anyone. Yes, we don’t want it to happen, and yes we need to sell to buy. Maybe the new keeper comes in and we sell TK for 6 million in the summer. That would be the strategy working, but we need to give them time to do it. 

Broughton wont be "in charge" regarding big sales unless Venkys have a sudden change of heart, as was the case with Rothwell as well as Brereton.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Give over.

Once people realise we are trying to get rid of Brereton, with one year left, the offers immediately go down. £8m has always been a laughing stock.

And who would you have replaced Brereton this year with the funds we have? You lose 20 goals from last year and are left with x millions to replace him, after being in the day for days

Let's just say I am glad GB is our director of football and not you. I don't disagree there's a lot of bullshit happening at Ewood but you have this spectacular ability to ignore the cause: Venkys.

Broughton has had 6 months to work with owners who are difficult, disinterested and distant. And here you are making out like this bloke, who has worked in football for decades, is out of his depth. I know you try and pass it off as an informed opinion but the fact is it is just silly and knee jerk

Any director of football needs a couple of windows to be able to build the team. It is Venky level of stupid to be looking to move the DoF on after 6 months and not even one full window. So congratulations on entering that esteemed club

Finally, some sense. Excellent 👏🏼

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

But your outcomes are fiction, the results could just as easily gone another way.

As is the other posters’ comments implying that threatening Brereton with dropping to the “ressies” would lead to clubs offering us the fee we would want and Brereton would be happy to leave.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

The hierarchy at the club has already said that we need to stop allowing players leave for free. In fact JDT says it basically every single press conference. So constantly complaining about it on a daily basis,when GB has been in charge for about 7 months is ridiculous. 

My point on Chelsea losing players on a free is that it can happen to anyone. Yes, we don’t want it to happen, and yes we need to sell to buy. Maybe the new keeper comes in and we sell TK for 6 million in the summer. That would be the strategy working, but we need to give them time to do it. 

Oh yeah, I agree, it will take time.

But we're still going to complain that 4 players left for nothing 😋

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

You are going on the transfer list.  We will invite offers.  Should one be acceptable (and anything over £8million should have been) you either accept the move or rot in the 'ressies' until your contract is up.  What do you think Brereton would have done?

If Broughton hasn't got the expertise and gravitas to deal with our owners then he shouldn't be in the feckin job.  He needed to sh1t or get off the pot.

You are funny Mercer.

we are not Man City where we can afford to have our best asset sat in the ressies. Your mentality may work in a corporate world but not when you are working with people and creating an environment where people want to play for us. 

Broughton has literally signed up a lot of our best up and coming players to long term deals. Created an entire scouting network including a European one. This is all in months. However you are right this is evidence that he has been a failure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Heard tonight Rovers think Undav, Porteous and Haikan are all agreed and they’re ‘trying to get another’. 

I'm crossing everything I can, in anticipation of some good news. Not holding my breath though 😉

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

BBD should have been offered a new deal two years ago - and he’d have jumped at it.

’But he was crap then and the fans would have moaned’.

But guess what you do it anyway, as per  SG last season. He had plenty of time on his existing deal too, but it’s called protecting your assets.

You’re right we have talked it into the ground, but so has the club re ‘FFP’ and being skint. So let’s hope some hard lessons have been learned…

Two years ago he was awful with fans booing him. The club was in the middle of a pandemic with a closed stadium. They probably thought there was no panic, he goes to Chile that Summer and everything changed. I don’t think we will be in this position again. But an asset will to be sold in the summer. And hope Rays moves. 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

You are going on the transfer list.  We will invite offers.  Should one be acceptable (and anything over £8million should have been) you either accept the move or rot in the 'ressies' until your contract is up.  What do you think Brereton would have done?

If Broughton hasn't got the expertise and gravitas to deal with our owners then he shouldn't be in the feckin job.  He needed to sh1t or get off the pot.

What a bizarre - and naive - attitude.

Genuinely hope you aren’t a people manager, in whatever you do for a living.

As has been mentioned already, Broughton will be judged over 4-6 transfer windows, not 6 months into the job.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Undav apparently shown around the training ground today, according to a FB account (claiming source to be a coach at Rovers: Saviyo Sabu, never heard of him).

Hate to break it to you but Sabu is one of the guys mates who posted it. They started a fake rumour saying we was signing a Irish lad from Coleraine with that exact name 🙈