BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are replacing him positionally with the aim of bringing a striker to replace his goals I would suggest. Also don't BBD was our main goal threat until last season and someone very few people had faith in him. 

Does he usually play on the left? I always had him down as coming in from the right which isnt what we are calling out desperately for with Hedges and Markanday naturals there with Dolan also often featuring from there.

He has impressed me at times for Huddersfield and he brings pace and set piece ability and it is another option in a currently impotent attack that looks like it has never done any attacking training but not sure he is exactly what we need as an individual.

Maybe Hudds are working on a different style they used to knock it about well but it's not done them any good this season. Besides Dolan doesn't get in our starting line up that often but we know he can produce and it's about time we has a proper winger.

• Like 1

We have been shocking in attack from both open play and set pieces this season, in neither instance do we appear to be well coached.

The good thing about Thomas is that although he adds to a group (Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges, Szmodics) that don't score enough goals, he does give us a potential solution to the lack of set piece threat that we have, Hedges and Morton have not done well enough from there.

The worry is that assuming we also get a striker on loan, what is perhaps our best front 4 all would then potentially leave at the end of the season.

On 03/11/2022 at 14:41, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Left back and striker for me.

Also would like them to look at improving the backup to Kaminski. Still think that's a complete season buster should the worse happen.

It looks like BBD could be off to Vilareal in the Summer, I hear Vilareal have one or 2 strikers available. Why not push for a deal before the January window closes. I agree with the defender needed, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel when Hyam limped off against Rotherham and Brittain still unavailable.

Also would like them to look at improving the backup to Kaminski. Still think that's a complete season buster should the worse happen.

It looks like BBD could be off to Vilareal in the Summer, I hear Vilareal have one or 2 strikers available. Why not push for a deal before the January window closes. I agree with the defender needed, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel when Hyam limped off against Rotherham and Brittain still unavailable.

• Backroom

My research on Sorba:

• Had a swift rise to up to professional level. Went from training as a scaffolder/bricklayer and working at JD Sports to getting in the Wales team and into a Playoff Final in a matter of years. 
  • “Sometimes I have to pinch myself and think: ‘Is that really Aaron Ramsey right there?” he said. “Guys I used to watch on TV or play with on Fifa are now opposite me.”

• Had a great season 21-22 when he played a major role in Huddersfield Town finishing 3rd in the Championship

• In Sep 2022 there was some unsubstantiated rumours circulated on social media about the player. (Don't think they need repeated on here!). But this lead to him getting a lot of abuse online, and he was also booed by 'some' HT fans whilst coming on as substitute. 

• There are further rumours of a fallout with HT manager around Boxing Day 2022 when he was left out the matchday squad. Some say this could be related to lack of gametime due the manager choosing to play a different formation without wingers. 

• HT fans seem to see him as one of their major assets (young, long contract, good record) and are as worried about losing him on the cheap as we are at not being able to get him for a fair fee should the loan go well.

• His form has clearly been poor this season. Some of their fans calling him a one trick pony that is good at set pieces (and crosses) but weak in general open play. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Spurs have just taken a Villarreal striker Arnaut Danjuma on loan

So another winger and possibly a striker. Still not seeing anything to suggest that we're even looking at CM, which is arguably where we get run over every game. Markanday potentially being pushed out for a loan signing is at odds with what GB said in the summer too.

No point improving up top if we can't get the ball to them reliably.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

A project also involves winning football matches. It might also mean Markanday can go on loan. It's not developing players OR winning games. It's both. 

We have a very literal fan base "but they said it's about developing young players to improve their value!"

We'd just play the U21s if that was the case. It's a balance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We have a very literal fan base "but they said it's about developing young players to improve their value!"

We'd just play the U21s if that was the case. It's a balance.

We have quite a few fans on here though that through interpretation have taken it as though this season is basically just a free hit and a foundation setting ahead of a push next season.

That is not consistent with many of the decisions made on contracts/loans/use of youngsters etc...