BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Now a  motivated Lucas Jaoa would be a great signing at the top end of the pitch for 6 months.   Exactly what we need.  Quick, physical and unpredictable.  

Problem is he's very hot and cold.  Hot and he's nigh on unplayable at this level.  Cold and he'll just be a gangly Vale. 

Vale is Vale every week though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hibs Striker Kevin Nisbet would be good signing for us now his move to Millwall has fallen through. Not sure we can afford it financially listening to JDT's Radio Lancs interview but he wants a number 9 striker in so it will be interesting last few days of the window to see who we sign. 

@JoeHyou make some excellent points early today regarding our recruitment department works and about data used here. 

Have you conceded somewhat that talk of Tomasson playing down a healthy budget is a little farfetched?

Been given a new name tonight - not a usual source, so don’t hold it against me if it’s wrong. Supposedly was being discussed at the U21 game tonight. Thought it was worth posting incase.

Samuel Iling-Junior - England Youth, Ex Chelsea, now at Juve. I’d assume a potential loan.

He plays anywhere across left wing, right wing or striker. Also played left wing back. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Been given a new name tonight - not a usual source, so don’t hold it against me if it’s wrong. Supposedly was being discussed at the U21 game tonight. Thought it was worth posting incase.

Samuel Iling-Junior - England Youth, Ex Chelsea, now at Juve. I’d assume a potential loan.

He plays anywhere across left wing, right wing or striker. Also played left wing back. 

If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he's a genuinely superb dribbler, very much like when CR7 burst onto the scene at Sporting.

That's a signing I could get behind, especially with the potential re-sale value of playing for England. For that reason, and the structure of our budgets, I think it'd actually be more likely a signing than a loan.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he's a genuinely superb dribbler, very much like when CR7 burst onto the scene at Sporting.

That's a signing I could get behind, especially with the potential re-sale value of playing for England. For that reason, and the structure of our budgets, I think it'd actually be more likely a signing than a loan.

Will be a loan with no option I promise you that if the interest is real, no way on this earth do juve sell him, he's got bags and bags of potential and they wouldn't let him go permanently unless we are paying millions for him!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

Exciting - but seemingly not an all out number 9, which is interesting.

BBD on the move this month perhaps? Got a feeling Dyche might try to snap him up for Everton, as well as Gyokeres.

Edited by TheRevAshton

BBD has signed for Villarreal. He can’t go anywhere but there.

Just now, TheRevAshton said:

Exciting - but seemingly not an all out number 9, which is interesting.

BBD on the move this month perhaps? Got a feeling Dyche might try to snag him for Everton, as well as Gyokeres.

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

You are a brave man you j*b

The volume of sarcastic posts this is going to produce if it doesn’t come in. You can see them now 

“was only last week we had the lad from Juventus signing on the dotted line”

Fair play 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Signed a new contract as late as last month. Loan at best. 

i did hear of one rumour this afternoon,yevgeny uyahnicabolokof,the rising star of khazakstani football who left fc astana to try his luck in sweden at ifk gothenberg is now a free agent, jdt,with prior knowledge of his ability in sweden has persauded him to come over for a trial to gauge his match fitness,lightning quick number nine with a cannon for a right foot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

To the contrary, given the pattern of recent seasons, it’s highly unlikely to stretch to a player tied to a long term contract at a divisional rival.

Our best chance of signing Thomas would be if he struggles for the rest of the season and Huddersfield go down, (or the seemingly impossible happens and we go up).

No one know the budget we had this season. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you conceded somewhat that talk of Tomasson playing down a healthy budget is a little farfetched?

Its not transfer budget that the problem but the wage budget from what I read between the lines from JDT. We couldn't complete with Watford on wages not transfer fees

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Why don’t they announce it?

JDT all but did today in his interview with Radio Lancs. I suspect there’s an agreement between all parties for it to be announced at a mutually acceptable time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i did hear of one rumour this afternoon,yevgeny uyahnicabolokof,the rising star of khazakstani football who left fc astana to try his luck in sweden at ifk gothenberg is now a free agent, jdt,with prior knowledge of his ability in sweden has persauded him to come over for a trial to gauge his match fitness,lightning quick number nine with a cannon for a right foot

Have I fallen  for something trying to Google this name? Haha 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are a brave man you j*b

The volume of sarcastic posts this is going to produce if it doesn’t come in. You can see them now 

“was only last week we had the lad from Juventus signing on the dotted line”

Fair play 

Before this happens, to be absolutely clear this is from a message I’ve received this evening from someone I hardly know that claims it’s been mentioned at the U21 game. I have absolutely no idea if it’s good info or bad! 

Just now, J*B said:

Before this happens, to be absolutely clear this is from a message I’ve received this evening from someone I hardly know that claims it’s been mentioned at the U21 game. I have absolutely no idea if it’s good info or bad! 

Very likely bad info brother, he's VERY highly thought of at juve, very slim chance it's just a 6 month loan for some game time but very much doubt it. Lads worth millions I'd say and if another poster is correct has recently signed a new contract