BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Tomasson talked about not wasting a window on Saturday. So far we have signed Thomas for the remainder of the season and effectively lost our leading scorer who I believe will coast in for the rest of the season. I really wonder what vision the new management team were sold by the deadbeats like Waggott, Pasha and the owners. I honestly can't see Tomasson putting up with shambolic and dysfunctional way our club is being run. And who can blame him.

• Like 3

I am truly hoping that there are multiple irons in the fire. The news of multiple missed targets is worrying. Was Kone the main target we were looking to bring in or one option of many. It's entirely plausible that he was a back up option and that has now fallen through.

Either way, we are desperate to get a couple of quality additions over the line, otherwise I really see this season fizzing out. I imagine JDT will be very unhappy if we fail to add anybody of quality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

How can you say it's laughable? Seriously some of the reactions on this forum are insane. I used to love reading it, it made me feel connected to the club and the fans, but now it just depresses me even more than watching us piss around at the back. Knee jerk to say the least. I get it's frustrating watching us flail around for scraps in the market, our rivals splashing the cash, but what can we do? We can't play football manager like so many want us do.

We live in an age where everything is commented or reported on, how do you know what dealings were going on in the past that went unreported? When we signed the aformentioned Dahlin or Grabbi, or I don't know: Robbie Slater, pick any name - there could have been 4-5 failed deals that went close before a signing was made. It's only because we're hearing about it through mass media that we can actually pass judgement on it. 

The Venky's and upper management are the laughing stock, they deserve our ire - not the manager and the recruitment. FFS one of our lads died in pre-season.

For me their new ownership explains the new year slump under Mowbray and those disastrous 2nd halfs of seasons, and what we're seeing now. Imagine being in that dressing room knowing you need bodies in and the owners are stalling on getting deals done, it breads discontent for me, knowing that players want to leave.

At lot of the criticism Broughton and co are getting is unwarranted - if he came into another club we'd be jealous and saying "they're doing ti right" - he's identified the poor recruitment setup and the contracts - trying to tie people down, he can't do anything about BBD either - he had already gone in his head. What more do we want? For once we actually have a recruitment team and a process, not Tony Mowbray's spreadsheet. It's hard to be a Rovers fan currently but a sense of realism needed.

I also think the way JDT has managed JRC and Dack should be applauded.

Where do I even start. Long story short, if this continues JDT will be walking and you'll be applauding no one.

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Can have a recruitment team of 200 if you want, means nothing without bodies in the door.

Brittain, Hyam and Thomas all look good signings on the face of it. The rest, pretty awful.

Yeah agreed but at least it's something, like I said 5 years of Drizzle Cake's spreadsheet or an actual recruitment team? If Swansea had done it we'd all be creaming ourselves. I've heard people call them "nerds" or "geeks". No wonder there's a bad feeling around this club. I get we're frustrated. 

I think people forget how hard it is to actually sign players with zero cash, add to that the glacial pace of dealings getting signed off through our owners. That's the laughable bit. 

Just now, Groundhog said:

Yeah agreed but at least it's something, like I said 5 years of Drizzle Cake's spreadsheet or an actual recruitment team? If Swansea had done it we'd all be creaming ourselves. I've heard people call them "nerds" or "geeks". No wonder there's a bad feeling around this club. I get we're frustrated. 

I think people forget how hard it is to actually sign players with zero cash, add to that the glacial pace of dealings getting signed off through our owners. That's the laughable bit. 

Agreed but if we're not careful, Broughton's next project will be looking for a new first team coach!

If Diaz has signed a pre-contract with Villareal I think it's unfair to say he will coast for the rest of the season. You can see he has a lot of love for the club.

More importantly, there is a big difference between his situation and Rothwells. Diaz would have signed a pre-contract, ink dried etc, so his future is secured, regardless of injuries. Rothwell knew of the interest and knew a contract would be on the table. A big injury would derail this. Still not ideal, but its worth considering. 

• Like 3

Desperation sometimes drives innovation.

Sadly for Rovers, desperation means a never ending race to the bottom of the barrel followed by endless scraping until only shreds of the barrel bottom remain.

• Like 2

Some very insane and over the top reaction again from the same people blaming Rovers for them when again the club we agreed a deal with has withdrawn from it when he was set to come here on loan. Its the second time it happened now but Rovers or GB aren't to blame here again but the club we are negotiating with. Lorient are selling another forward so he stays. 

I am still think we will make minimal of 2 signings before the deadline

• Like 2

Talk of multiple missed targets, a manager wanting players and not getting them, best player off for nothing. Not good reading in any way.

Strikes me as a bit of a shambles. 

I suspect that between the manager, GB and the new scouting/recruitment staff the club can identify targets but a mix of FFP and owners who dont care makes it impossible to get anything other than bargain basement deals over the line. 

I could easily see JDT, GB and co walking away after a while of this. 

In other non Rovers related transfer news, City are letting Cancelo go on loan with option to buy to Bayern. Cant believe City are happy to let him go. He was one of the best 2 or 3 full backs in world football last season. Mental. 

Edited by benhben

24 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What are Nathan Delfouneso and Simeon Jackson up to these days?

Its obviously not looking good right now, but it could be worse!

Matt Derbyshire is at Bradford City. He's 36.

• Like 2