BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

8 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I don't understand what people expect the expectation seems to far out of reach reading some of the comment on here. Note that pretty much without a striker and losing 10 players in the summer and some how we are in the top 6. 

Strange comment.

Given what you say and that we find ourselves miraculously in 4th, surely the fan base can expect at least 3 players to replace the 10 wages off the bill....🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

We need a big day tomorrow as we've had a dismal month on and off the pitch. 

If we get a decent striker and CM then I'll be happy. My expectation is that all we'll end up with is a back-up left back. 

My expectation is also that JDT will quit in the summer. He's an ambitious manager who is at an unambitious club. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Strange comment.

Given what you say and that we find ourselves miraculously in 4th, surely the fan base can expect at least 3 players to replace the 10 wages off the bill....🤷‍♂️

Did we not spend in the summer? Have not 3 transfer collapse in recent days? Are we right to be frustrated hell yes. You can have all the best plans in the world and sometimes just sometimes it doesn't work out do we need to consistently blame and point a finger? 

We've seen it time and again though where a manager starts off the transfer window with relatively ambitious talk and expectations for the window.

Then as the days go by the number expected falls until we reach the last day and here we are where nobody else wouldn't surprise me and we'll probably have jubilation on here if we get one in.

The dreaded Richard Sharpe tweet to drop at some point tomorrow 

"That will be that" for Rovers this month followed by the excuse book about how hard it is.

I don't want to hear it, it makes no difference. No prizes for excuses in this game.

JDT will have to face the press soon and he won't like being made a fool of, which is exactly what has happened.

They've taken us all for fools and it's been going on for far too long.

Broughton and JDT are the latest to fall foul of it. Won't be the last. Yet they will have to deal with the consequences of it, managing the inadequate squad, dealing with the fans and press whilst the pondlife who are ultimately responsible hide upstairs, another layer of protection between them and scrutiny/accountability.

• Like 4

Maybe we should bid for Ole Sæter from Rosenborg. After lengthy contract negotiations still not signed a new contract and Cagliari had a bid rejected. Not sure about the price and doesn't have much experience at the top Norwegian level so might be a one hit wonder.

Striker.

Edited by Torgeir
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson said "players" plural in the press conference AFTER signing Thomas. Would be really piss poor if no one came in.

It would be piss poor regardless of what Tomasson said. Would be an even worse January window than last January.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Given the players he has available JDT has performed miracles. Our squad is a bottom half Championship squad and we’re in the playoffs. 

And yet the majority of our fan base have no optimism of staying there. Or for the future. The results deceive the eyes. There is a distinct lack of quality in the championship this year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

how the hell can that chart/website know the inner finances of every club int hs championship? 

From the published, financial accounts.

5 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Do you have a link with the detail of the new rules as I have some questions, specifically :

1. Does "wages" include employer national insurance contributions and any pension contributions ?

2. Whose wages ? Is it all employees or just players ?

3. Are there any exceptions like, say, home grown players under the age of 21?

I don't have a specific link but I'm sure if you have a research into the new FSR rules there'll be some good stuff.

It's player wages, the ruling is called squad wage ratio

I am not aware of any exceptions

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

JDTs favourite is Fyles. Was recently the 19th man. 

Had a fantastic game on Friday vs Manchester United at Leigh. Came on at half time and completely changed the game.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So let me get this straight.

We had Hirst as a loan to buy.

But can't afford to buy anyone?

Is the loan to buy a façade of having fuck all?

No, we CAN afford to buy them, it's paying them that seems to be the issue.

22 minutes ago, bluefred said:

Played as a number 9 he will score goals , not as a winger

In the absence of a new striker I would be in favour of Gallagher getting an extended run as a 9.

Thomas will get crosses in.

I also think Dack, with his ability to get into the right place/right time, will score quite a few from Thomas assists.

30 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Maybe we should bid for Ole Sæter from Rosenborg. After lengthy contract negotiations still not signed a new contract and Cagliari had a bid rejected. Not sure about the price and doesn't have much experience at the top Norwegian level so might be a one hit wonder.

Striker.

4 points GBE out of 15.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So let me get this straight.

We had Hirst as a loan to buy.

But can't afford to buy anyone?

Is the loan to buy a façade of having fuck all?

I think all it represents is another 'kicking the can down the road' 'jam tomorrow' stunt. We can't afford it now but we might be able to in a few months if we sell someone, the owners decide to chuck some more money in or it can fall into the next yearly budget not this one. 

1 hour ago, rover23 said:

Given the players he has available JDT has performed miracles. Our squad is a bottom half Championship squad and we’re in the playoffs. 

The football has largely been dire and a lot of the performances and away results awful but that said, JDT has us in a very healthy league position and provided the platform for a good tilt at the play offs. Once more, the club has been found severely lacking in taking up the challenge to step up in the January window.

• Like 3