BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From what bits I’ve seen of him he has a bit of the Ken Knighton about him.

Reminded me of Harrison Reed on the clips.

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Watched clips of O'brien. He doesn't do anything that Wharton can't do. 

Looks a very different player to Wharton. More there for the steel than the silk. Both players can do both, but I think the ratios and thus their role in the squad, would be different. It's Morton that should be on the bench for Wharton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We haven't made the playoffs since we got relegated.

Signing players of the calibre of O'Brien would be beyond us to do on a permanent deal and what would we be getting for what it is costing us for O'Brien if we had persued a permanent option in this window.

Even Thomas you would have been talking £3 or 4 million at least and matching or bettering his salary 

Still need a striker and O'Brien confirmed 

Exactly why we need promotion.  Because otherwise these short term deals are pointless.  Its like buying an expensive car only to leave it permanently in the garage. We need to build for the future as well as the present 

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Watched clips of O'brien. He doesn't do anything that Wharton can't do. 

Oh come on. He was the standout player in the Championship last season. He has suffered from the Forest signing anyone syndrome and would be a great addition for us. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The only trouble is these are 6 month loans.  There's no long term building.  Promotion this season Is a must 

Doubt the long term plan is to stay in the Prem. If we get there and then drop down again, O'Brien would be an excellent addition to have alongside parachute payments

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Come off it  . Really rate Wharton.  Will be a good player hopefully great player . But O'brien is on a different level at the minute. And we need that now . Not in 3 or 4 years 

Maybe I'm missing some but from what ive seen all he does is win the ball and pass it sideways.  Hardly Zidane level

Edited by roverandout

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Maybe I'm missing some but from what ive seen all he does is win the ball and pass it sideways.  Hardly Zidane level

Name me a midfielder we have that actually does this.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Just go watch the video posted earlier. If you already did, then you missed the goals and assists and quite a few other things. Definitely less footage of him passing sideways on that clip than our current midfield engages in.

• Like 1

I’ll be very happy with O’Brien and Thomas as a pair. But it means nowt if we don’t get that number 9 in. We won’t have the goals to clinch that top 6 spot.

39 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Excellent move for Markanday to go get minutes in mens football. Hope he rips that league up

Agree, really hope it goes well and he shows what he can do.

I must admit I find the way jdt has treated/used him a bit odd. Fair enough if he doesn't think that he's ready to start games. Posters who watch him in the reserves echo that view.

However I don't understand why Jdt hasn't put him on with 20 or 30 mins to go in the countless number of games where we are loosing and look bereft of creativity. What do you have to loose we're loosing anyway and then he brings on a right back and wonders why we never pick up points after going a goal down!! A hail Mary option so to speak.

• Like 3