BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Maja last year, O’Brien this. We struggle to attract players as it is, but if they’re not already, then agents and players are gonna be talking about how much of a basket case we are.

Not to mention the clubs who will probably want to avoid a situation like this one where they potentially have to pay a player to sit in the reserves for 6 months.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

If there is an issue this is due to someone in the office screwing up. At GBs level he does not send in paperwork etc. He does the deal. It seems like the deal was sorted hours before the deadline. Hopefully it’s something that can be sorted. 

The buck stops with the boss!

You delegate only to those who you have complete confidence in regarding their efficiency on matters like this - even then, you carefully monitor and oversee.

There can be no excuses.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, goozburger said:

My suspicion is that the extra paperwork required for the permanent part of the deal wasn't expected, and it caught us out. We probably submitted the extra paperwork after 11pm.

With a potential commitment for £10million down the line you would also want your legal eagles all over the paperwork.

Again, at the very least, Broughton would surely have grasped there would be a variation/addendum to the usual contract governing a loan.

Furthermore, terms would have had to be agreed with O'Brien to take effect if the conditionality of the contract was realised. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The buck stops with the boss!

You delegate only to those who you have complete confidence in regarding their efficiency on matters like this - even then, you carefully monitor and oversee.

There can be no excuses.

Agreed. Broughton appears to be out of his depth. 

• Like 1

A player of o’briens calibre could be the difference between promotion and midtable, in the position we find ourselves it’s a huge **** up. This deal could really impact our season, also 100M+ if promoted. Heads should roll. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BigHoz said:

A player of o’briens calibre could be the difference between promotion and midtable, in the position we find ourselves it’s a huge **** up. This deal could really impact our season, also 100M+ if promoted. Heads should roll. 

A bigger cock up Is no striker. A proper centre forward would have made the difference not those two shysters we have now

• Like 4

Gregg should know all regulations regarding transfers, There is no excuse for this under the circumstances. Two clubs pulled out of negotiations so intel of what they wanted for a deal could be attained, We had a clear run at the lad with sufficient time to complete. Wether this deal gets signed off or not my confidence in them for future windows is non existent 

• Like 3

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, booth said:

Plenty of "heads" here.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/19/the-team-behind-the-team-/

But looks like they forgot to appoint a head of getting it over the fecking line.

As a HR guy the liberal use of ‘Head Of’ is triggering to me, we stamped it out here even with people managing hundreds if not thousands 

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Apparently the deal has been rejected and we have an appeal at 4pm.

An appeal will only be accepted on the strongest of grounds.  To do otherwise would just open the floodgates both now and in the future.

Clubs know what the rules are - there can be no excuses.

I rather think the appeal is more about arse saving for one or more at Rovers.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Apparently the deal has been rejected and we have an appeal at 4pm.

I sincerely hope the clowns putting the case for appeal together aren't the ones who have screwed it up initially. But then every circus needs a clown but we have lots of them.

A new collective noun for clowns - a Rovers.

• Like 7

The club at the top is a complete circus.  No chance JDT will stick around after this pathetic excuse of a Window - He's been screaming for reinforcements since he started...We've failed on the first hurdle.

Even if we bring in O'brien, the excitment has been sucked out of me with how its all gone about. Late to the races, no communication, no organisation..GB has failed & thats the bottom line, no excuses.

I feel sorry for those who buy season tickets year after year under this current regime. Luckily i stopped getting mine after the Allardyce days

Shambles doesn't come close.

• Like 6

Just now, arbitro said:

I sincerely hope the clowns putting the case for appeal together aren't the ones who have screwed it up initially. But then every circus needs a clown but we have lots of them.

A new collective noun for clowns - a Rovers.

They will probably be late to the appeal hearing.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

image.png.b1409963ed080949b20b510987396263.png

I mean, I don't usually trust Nicko but he'll be bang on here. Forest weren't going to stitch up one of their own players by making him play with the u'23s for six months, plus they've done about 100 deals in the past two windows. Our tin pot administration has struck once again.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

It's plain common sense that any type obligation to buy would need a contract to agreed with the player in question. Otherwise its not an obligation. The buying club could offer the player in question £1 a week as a means of backing out of any deal.

Even if this does go through it points to people being grossly out their depth that this caught them off guard and needed to be rushed through at the last minute.

• Like 1