BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Rules are rules and if we haven’t followed them, I don’t understand the grounds for appeal, save for desperation.

it sounds as though it’s a f*ck-up on our end, which is basically inexcusable, as the buying entity.

I’ve not got experience of a deal with a firm, third-party deadline, but I’ve experienced deals that have fallen through from taking too long and a competitor comes in. In the majority of cases, someone lost their job over it (or with it as a major contributing factor). I’m not even saying it should definitely happen here, without understanding exactly what happened. But if it doesn’t come off, I fail to see another outcome in any other, rational industry.

There has to be an explanation and there has to be pressure to elicit that explanation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I mean, I don't usually trust Nicko but he'll be bang on here. Forest weren't going to stitch up one of their own players by making him play with the u'23s for six months, plus they've done about 100 deals in the past two windows. Our tin pot administration has struck once again.

Doesn't matter how many deals you do - look at Chelsea and PSG

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t know if the club can claw this back. This is a new low 

Course they will.

Such is the apathy by March it will be old news.

Everyone will be saying "well lets see what we do in the summer window" etc etc

• Like 1

How could rovers at this point - I guess it was GB, because it appears that JDT doesn’t get involved - possibly commit to paying £10m for a player unproven at PL level?

I really don’t understand how the current management structure works. Or shouldn’t I say I don’t understand how it can succeed. Not here anyway.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

Pure speculation based on hearsay but I don’t think this happens. I think the problem is we didn’t agree a contract with O’Brien in time if the future fee was activated. We agreed the loan deal and the future transfer obligation, but not the specifics of the player contract. 

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

Pure speculation based on hearsay but I don’t think this happens. I think the problem is we didn’t agree a contract with O’Brien in time if the future fee was activated. We agreed the loan deal and the future transfer obligation, but not the specifics of the player contract. 

the bit i have heard is he wants to come here and play football, but he's not interested in a perm move, i think thats collapsed the deal

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.688b7a737f6c25922f3c3b27b2e2585c.png

Obviously, seems like Rovers have dropped a bollock here but the EFL are a set of cretins as well. O'Brien clearly has no future at Forest but they are clearly not arsed about the players career, just happy to block it and let him rot in the Forest's reserves.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Could it not go through just as a "loan" deal then in that case if all partys were happy?

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nixon's already said as much, see a few posts up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Wow, if that’s the case….people need to be held to account. Unthinkable that a team sat there including a DOF with likely £500k in wages between em couldn’t fathom this out 😳

• Like 1