BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Let’s see what the EFL appeal says 

There’s clearly something awry. To mess up one deal is bad enough but to get both wrong is criminal 

I don’t think this is the end of it 

Me neither, something has happened that we are not privy too yet.

7 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Can someone remind of the infamous "Broken Fax Machine" incident from the years past... I remember it in general, but I don't recall the specific details of who/what was involved.

Wasn't it DJ Campbell? We were doing a permanent deal which had to become a loan (with a commitment to buy) because they couldn't fax the documents off because the machine was broken - allegedly.

I think that is what happened.

35 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Maybe those fans think we deserve a better run club.

Every fan who has spent their hard earned on a season ticket and every fan who has paid to watch the team, deserve a lot better than what we have seen this window.

It is a total insult to every single supporter to have such shambolic people in charge.

Every one of them, should be placed on notice as it is simply not good enough and they have simply turned the club into nothing but a laughing stock.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I wonder if we will be subject to repercussions from Forest if it’s proved that it’s all our fault (as expected). Will they be able to claim his wages from us while he can’t play for them?

What about the £10m too, as they might argue he would have ensured we were promoted.

Who know where this will end.

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It's an awful window.  No decent strikers. Shit midfield.  Thomas hasn't had a good game all season according to Huddersfield supporters.  It's Been diabolical.  It's even shitter than last January and that was bad

Agree to disagree about the midfield - both Garrett and A. Wharton have bossed a game at 19 and 18, respectively, in very limited starts.

We should use the second half of the season to properly blood them (and continue to develop Buckley and Travis). Morton can go back to Liverpool for all I care. 

Phillips should start a few games too, as should Leonard (or Burns if they think he's the better prospect?).

Any hopes of the Playoffs died when we failed to land a striker in January, so we need to be pragmatic and use this 6 months wisely to prepare for next season.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT played with a 4-2-3-1 in Sweden - it's his preferred formation and he's pushed for it here too (after initially starting with 3 CBs to grind out some results). 

Buckley, Travis

Thomas, Dack, Brereton Diaz

Gallagher

How we should play....

Edited by neophox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I wonder if we will be subject to repercussions from Forest if it’s proved that it’s all our fault (as expected). Will they be able to claim his wages from us while he can’t play for them?

That's not how the world works. He's registered with them, ultimately he's their responsibility. 

They only signed him in the summer and now he's not even being registered for the PL squad - that's mental. 

• Like 1

Perhaps in time, just as "A Bosman" is know for freedom of contract, a transfer deadline day monumental cock up by people earning more than most fans could ever dream of, will be known as "An O'Brien"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

What about the £10m too, as they might argue he would have ensured we were promoted.

Who know where this will end.

That has as much legal grounding as me saying I can ensure you that Katherine Langford would fall in love with me if she'd just answer my Twitter DMs.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree about the midfield - both Garrett and A. Wharton have bossed a game at 19 and 18, respectively, in very limited starts.

We should use the second half of the season to properly blood them (and continue to develop Buckley and Travis). Morton can go back to Liverpool for all I care. 

Phillips should start a few games too, as should Leonard (or Burns if they think he's the better prospect?).

Any hopes of the Playoffs died when we failed to land a striker in January, so we need to be pragmatic and use this 6 months wisely to prepare for next season.

Wharton is the only one up to it. Garrett is too raw. Buckley can be a liability. Travis is shit. I'm not overly concerned about O'brien. Its the sheer negligence.  It's the lack of ambition.  I wouldn't blame jdt if he left.  Its the all talk no action from the higher ups including Broughton.  I can stand another 6 months of watching Gallagher and Vale being absolutely horrendous.  I can't type anymore In this post because I'm utterly PISSED OFF

2 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

theboard.jpeg.30ff43ccddfbf72d72e68d691c8abb84.jpeg 

Sack all 3! Get rid of the lot

Not having it. Again get rid of the chumps involved immediately...

Every matchday is a chance for supporters to turn up and try to fix this club. This board has to go!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Buckley, Travis

Thomas, Dack, Brereton Diaz

Gallagher

How we should play....

Personally I'd play Wharton ahead of Travis - that Blackpool game was something else.

That said, Gallagher is never scoring and Brereton-Diaz is already in Spain, so it doesn't really matter. Hedges, Szmodics and Dolan to come off the bench is Top 6 quality though.

11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Me neither, something has happened that we are not privy too yet.

If someone was awry from a different end away from Ewood Park, the club would have been wise to include that in their statement for a couple of reasons:

1) Throws the blame onto somebody else

2) Ramps up pressure on the EFL with their appeal.

The fact they haven’t done so (when I can’t see a legal reason why that would be prevented) to me shows that the club knows it’s on them. 

Shambolic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Or even: "we've never done this before, this one's a bit tricky for us, it's got clauses and things in it, can you do it?" 

Or even: "We have to do something? F*ck that, we're on our way to Brum on a jolly. "

• Like 1