BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The cynical pessimist in me thinks this has been done entirely on purpose to avoid the costs and make do with what we have. 

Doubtful. They've never been afraid to do the bare minimum in the past, without too much trouble.

Why do this and risk the PR shambles that it is?

• Like 2

Rovers statement.

No acceptance the club has done anything wrong.

No apology to the fans for anything.

Its poor from rovers. Such a cold hearted statement. You would struggle to think they’re bothered by the events. 

Fans put fortunes of often hard earned cash, into supporting the club often for a lifetime. They deserve far better than that offering.

• Like 9

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's such a weasely statement in general, genuinely embarrassing. If you aren't going to apologise then just state the facts and leave it there. Don't play the woe is us routine, because, as you say, we aren't thick. Well, not all of us anyway. Did see two comments on FB calling upset fans "pathetic", but as I've said in the past, some people are fans of being fans of the club, not fans of the club, and there is a difference.

I think it would be pathetic not to be angry and call this out. 

It's reminding me off the Shane Duffy two own goals game now too, in terms of the suspicious conspiracy theories.

Has it been done on purpose? Is there bad intentions at play? 🤔

Couldn't give a flying **** either way! All I knew then was I didn't want Duffy anywhere near Blackburn Rovers ever again.

And what's good for on the pitch should count for off it too. If you remove the individuals, their intentions are instantly rendered completely irrelevant. 

And if your suspicions were wrong and misfounded, even the worst case scenario is you've binned an underperforming employee. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And there you have it

Leading officials Steve Waggott and Suhail Pasha were at the FA Cup tie in Birmingham while the potential £10 million move was going through in Lancashire.

Secretary Ian Silvester was left to send across the relevant forms.

Silvester screwed up but the real villains were in Birmingham

I'm happy for all three to be replaced.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think we’ve established that they’d miss it anyway. Problem is, I’d get really frustrated and really have a massive go. Sorry for any forum members reading this too, I’m just all over the place with the most recent news. What an absolute shambles.

I think that’s exactly what you should do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And there you have it

Leading officials Steve Waggott and Suhail Pasha were at the FA Cup tie in Birmingham while the potential £10 million move was going through in Lancashire.

Suhail is supposed to be Venkys "man on the ground", overseeing events.

On deadline night he was at the wrong ground in an executive box.

A normal club would sack him, Waggot and Silvester.

• Like 6

Just now, Hasta said:

Forest Forum saying O’Brien can still go abroad on loan.

Ah, of course - deadlines are different in different countries.

But, from a Rovers perspective, genuinely think this could be a tipping point for the likes of Waggott...

• Like 3

what complete ****** up

o`brien would have made a massive contribution to our play off hopes

f*****d the fans off

f******d the players off(we certainly ar`nt going anywhere but the bottom half now)

messed up o`briens career as well,forest have taken his squad number and now he faces a future in the reserves

will the culprits face the consequences,will they bollocks

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Honestly just think it's a consequence of hiring incompetent people. We've probably gotten away with it a few times over the years - largely helped by barely doing any business in January anyway - but the times we have been caught out have come with some severe consequences. We had to pay Kean over £1m, from memory, after he resigned. There was the Derek Shaw going rogue incident with Henning Berg that cost us another million plus. Incompetence led to us ending up under an embargo in 2014/15. We hired Owen fucking Coyle and that effectively got us relegated. We've let countless players now run their contracts down and leave on a free - and don't @ me with "the club can't do anything about players running down their contracts". Bullshit. Other clubs don't have 5-6 major assets all leaving for nothing, so why do we?

Incompetence and ineptitude is ingrained into the club - we've just gotten used to it over time. We try to ignore it and pretend we're following a "normal club". It's when big things like this happen that it becomes too obvious for anyone to ignore.

Does anyone really kid themselves and think we follow a normal club?

We're on life support and the Academy is our ventilator. Without that last gift from Jack Walker we'd literally be in League 2, if not liquidated. 

I've been hopeful since the summer that Broughton (and by extension JDT) can stem some of the bleeding by implementing a long-term plan, but their hands are tied if those above them can't even handle basic administrative tasks. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I’m not going against Wigan as a direct protest at this shambles.

They don’t deserve my support, they don’t care about me as a supporter, so they can piss off. 

I think It's time for another protest gav but how many have the balls for it unlike last time

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And there you have it

I was going to quote the same but. Absolutely inexcusable both should resign by the 7th when our appeal is denied. The audacity to leave your primary responsibility of your role to another to blunder. Both men must go! 

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And there you have it

Convenient that.