BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

I wonder what sort of timescales exist around the appeal? You'd think rovers would be submitting a lengthy enough document that the efl would have to take a couple days to at least pretend it's given consideration to. The flipside being, LOB is effectively clubless and Rovers presumably can't make any free agent decisions without knowing what the wage bill looks like.

Piecing together what's come out I assume we're saying the efl wasted half an hour asking about the impact relegation would have. We then messed up on the spelling of a surname which took it past 11pm and our argument will be we could have rectified that had the half hr not been wasted. If that sums up the appeal I think it's got no chance.

• Like 3

There's no chance we win this appeal - and honestly after that shit last night, I don't care in the slightest anymore.

We're not making the top 6 with or without O'Brien, in fact we won't even finish in the top half playing like that.

We desperately needed a striker in January, they failed. We could have Casemiro dominating in the middle, but this lot still wouldn't be able to get the ball in the net.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

There's no chance we win this appeal - and honestly after that shit last night, I don't care in the slightest anymore.

We're not making the top 6 with or without O'Brien, in fact we won't even finish in the top half playing like that.

We desperately needed a striker in January, they failed. We could have Casemiro dominating in the middle, but this lot still wouldn't be able to get the ball in the net.

I'm not totally sure about this you know, I think with a midfielder able to defend and turn quickly to attack ( on the transition as JDT has spoken about repeatedly) I think we'd look a different team

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ElTwis said:

I'm not totally sure about this you know, I think with a midfielder able to defend and turn quickly to attack ( on the transition as JDT has spoken about repeatedly) I think we'd look a different team

I think we'd be a significantly better side with him in the middle. And would give us an outside shot at top 6, but JDT clearly said last night, we needed a striker. 

I'm a bit torn on O'brien now. If the appeal is successful, he'll be expensive but I think we'll still fall short. On the flip side if he doesn't come in the relationship between JDT and the rest of the club could become toxic. That would seep into the players which is no foundation for the club to build from.

1 hour ago, ElTwis said:

Not for me - we crossed the ball well yesterday and found a number of good through balls. It wasn't the delivery for me, it's getting on the end of the delivery .

Obviously delighted if LO'B turns up, but midfield is such a smaller issue than up front. That said I can't see the football authorities reversing their decision. Irrespective of the practicalities of the case if they reverse then they will be absolute snowed under with dozens of appeals every window. To avoid that they are heavily incentivised to uphold the decision. If there is any way to uphold it they will go for it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

The league is very close (excluding the top two) so a small improvement may well be all that’s necessary to finish in the play off places. 

Our problem is we’ve blown the opportunity to make these improvements through signings so we’re going to have to do so with the players we have.

I’m not sure there’s much confidence that this will happen (this may be an understatement!)

Oh, and I agree, I don’t see how we win the appeal.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not for me - we crossed the ball well yesterday and found a number of good through balls. It wasn't the delivery for me, it's getting on the end of the delivery .

Obviously delighted if LO'B turns up, but midfield is such a smaller issue than up front. That said I can't see the football authorities reversing their decision. Irrespective of the practicalities of the case if they reverse then they will be absolute snowed under with dozens of appeals every window. To avoid that they are heavily incentivised to uphold the decision. If there is any way to uphold it they will go for it.

Agree on this.

You look on our right hand side with Thomas. We had someone who was direct and quick, he was putting balls in with no one on the end 

We require a striker who can get to them balls, but also either Diaz finding his form again, or him going and replacing for another direct winger.

You then have dack picking up second balls behind the striker and LOB transitioning play. Surely in an ideal world, that's how JDT wanted to walk out of the transfer window looking like.

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Fuck me.  Time for the club to move on from O'brien 

That is exactly what the powers that be will be saying when/if the appeal fails. But it shouldn't be forgotten when this episode encompasses the last twelve years of second rate administrators foisted upon us. So fu** them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deanives said:

You look on our right hand side with Thomas. We had someone who was direct and quick, he was putting balls in with no one on the end

Entirely as predicted when we signed the player. Exactly why we needed a striker. Thomas may prove pointless without one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Entirely as predicted when we signed the player. Exactly why we needed a striker. Thomas may prove pointless without one.

I think when they signed Thomas, they were convinced they had a striker joining who would benefit. I think if we signed, Thomas, O'Brien and a Striker we would have finished 3rd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That is exactly what the powers that be will be saying when/if the appeal fails. But it shouldn't be forgotten when this episode encompasses the last twelve years of second rate administrators foisted upon us. So fu** them.

The old narrative we can only affect the future not the past and we will learn from our mistakes will be rolled out.

Of course for 12 years now, the mistakes have continued, so much so that I can only come to the conclusion, they are either deliberate, or are caused by the care free way the owners behave, but hey ho, I am just a fan of 51 years standing, what would I know?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

What I mean is they're desperate to save face.  Fuck the higher ups. They just don't want to look stupid.  Even if the appeal is successful this transfer is tainted 

11 hours ago, Andy said:

Decision on O’Brien expected no earlier than Thursday, when the EFL board meet, according to Sky last night.

…which makes the assumption that we’ve submitted the appeal paperwork on time.

On time, but missing key provisions and signatures no doubt. 

• Like 1