BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

More worryingly is the fact that since being dropped and then put back in the team he has shown nothing. That's a huge concern.

I wonder whether management must take some responsibility for Buckley's regression too (albeit, don't know how well he's done today). Whether you rate him or not, he has always contributed something to the team, even though, he may not have been consistent. Last season, his 7 assists was second highest at the club, behind Rothwell's 10 assists.

• Like 5

Just now, riverholmes said:

I wonder whether management must take some responsibility for Buckley's regression too (albeit, don't know how well he's done today). Whether you rate him or not, he has always contributed something to the team, even though, he may not have been consistent. Last season, his 7 assists was second highest at the club, behind Rothwell's 10 assists.

Thing with Buckley is, he has some element of talent, but there were several matches in the second half of last season where he went missing for the full 90 minutes. We might as well have been playing with 10 men.

In fairness to him, he was being played as a false 9 in some of those games, but still.

It's down to him to get his head down and kick on, and at this moment in time, he's going backwards at a rapid rate.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Obviously sees that the game is there for the taking, so why not roll the dice for 30 mins?

I see you point but you have to weigh it up. The game Sunday may well be season defining. You don't imo play your prize asset when you have more important priorities. An injury would be unthinkable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

god that female pundit on the sky sports panel tonight. even with the sound off I just want to tell her to shut up and ffffffkkkkkk off.

Most pundits in general get on my tits, but she's one that really just makes me want to change the channel

Rather her than that grinning prick Michael Dawson. Spends 5 minutes saying the square root of sod all.

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

he`s done the square root of nothing this season apart from disapear in games,he was dreadful against reading and we  might as well have played with 10 men against sheff utd,jdt has seen enough and dropped him,correct decision imo,if you aint doing it on the pitch then you aint playing,simple as

3 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Reasonable question, I don't believe so. Think he has always shown signs of drifting into obscurity but maybe we should park this convo mid match. Seems to really get under people's skin now more than ever. 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

How was Dack lads? Sounds disappointing which is a shame ..

Review from a friend at the game:

“He’s either finished or he’s finished under the manager.”

If that’s the case, I hope the latter. I really really feel for him and hope he has success elsewhere. 

• Like 3