BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

Pears 

Carter Phillips Mola

JRC Buckley Garrett Batty 

Markanday Hirst Vale 

Fill the rest of the bench with the U23s/U18. Send Lowe to manage them. 

Everyone else stays at Brockhall and trains for the big one. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Team for this game

Pears

Buckley Carter S.Wharton Edun

A.Wharton Garrett

Markanday  Dack        Dolan

Vale

Subs:- Hilton, Hyam, Mola, Travis, Hirst, Szmodics, Harlock

Buckley at Right Back against Said Benrhama...🙈😩

Edited by Sparks Rover

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

To echo all the above I’d play the reserves and rest all first xi players for Sunday. As far as the squad goes there’s plenty of outfield talent to play the one glaring position of very very low quality is pears. He’s one of the worst goalkeepers I’ve ever seen including opposition keepers. Probably the largest gap in quality between first choice and 2nd choice in professional football. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

To echo all the above I’d play the reserves and rest all first xi players for Sunday. As far as the squad goes there’s plenty of outfield talent to play the one glaring position of very very low quality is pears. He’s one of the worst goalkeepers I’ve ever seen including opposition keepers. Probably the largest gap in quality between first choice and 2nd choice in professional football. 

Pears is so poor I think his rightful place is on the bench, and never on the pitch. I honestly think if Kaminsky was out through injury he would be replaced by one of the younger keepers, not Pears.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Pears is so poor I think his rightful place is on the bench, and never on the pitch. I honestly think if Kaminsky was out through injury he would be replaced by one of the younger keepers, not Pears.

Pears has been number 2 all season under JDT so I think you are wrong to think that Hilton or Eastham would replace Kaminski if he wasn't available to play 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears has been number 2 all season under JDT so I think you are wrong to think that Hilton or Eastham would replace Kaminski if he wasn't available to play 

As I said, Pears has been sat on a bench, the others have at least been playing. It's all opinions, until Kaminski is unavailable we will not know who is right. Personnally I hope we never find out.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Strange/easy life being a second choice keeper in the modern, reserve team free game.

If no injury to the main man, they literally never play a minute of a football match for months on end (many months if knocked out of cups early). Bit of training through the week, then sit on the bench with your gloves on on a match day. Rinse and repeat…

Edited by Mattyblue