BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Worst possible time to play this lot, with the big game on Sunday.

A team of kids/fringe players is fine but if West Ham put their first team out, it'll be an absolute pasting.

I can't West Ham putting alot of first team players given that League and Europe are their priorities really

• Like 2

I watched the back end of West Ham's game in Europe in midweek. They ended up with quite a few young uns on the pitch and the commentator said they might expect to play against Rovers. 

If it turns out to be a glorified under 21's match, it might give us a sniff. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Pears

Carter Scott W Mola Edun

Adam W Garrett Buckley

Markanday Dack Dolan

Phillips in if he’s fit but someone said he’s injured. u21/18 bench.

Play Adam Wharton in the midweek game and he'll be out at the weekend. The lad can give an excellent 45-60 minutes per week at the moment.

I'd also keep Scott W for the weekend too. Blackburn lads should be in the derby.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, booth said:

Play Adam Wharton in the midweek game and he'll be out at the weekend. The lad can give an excellent 45-60 minutes per week at the moment.

I'd also keep Scott W for the weekend too. Blackburn lads should be in the derby.

To be fair I thought the game was on Tuesday not Wednesday, maybe leave Scott out. Still think Adam should be able to play 45/60 on Wednesday and be fit by Sunday. Playing away against West Ham should be great experience for him. 

I never like the idea that Cup games are a hindrance and we have seen instances in the past where people actively want us to go out, I still want us to (unlikely of course) get through.

That being said, using the squad is necessary and in these circumstances more than ever, we cannot afford to risk key players, especially Brereton who is shattered.

Pears

Carter Phillips S Wharton Mola

Buckley Garrett

Markanday Dack Dolan

Szmodics

Leave Brereton, Brittain, Pickering, Ayala, Hyam, Gallagher and Hedges at home.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never like the idea that Cup games are a hindrance and we have seen instances in the past where people actively want us to go out, I still want us to (unlikely of course) get through.

That being said, using the squad is necessary and in these circumstances more than ever, we cannot afford to risk key players, especially Brereton who is shattered.

Pears

Carter Phillips S Wharton Mola

Buckley Garrett

Markanday Dack Dolan

Szmodics

Leave Brereton, Brittain, Pickering, Ayala, Hyam, Gallagher and Hedges at home.

aren't Philips and Mola injured? 

No Vale or Hirst? 

Szmodics needed resting for the Dingle game for me. 

3 hours ago, booth said:

Absolutely 100%.

You know they'll be up for the dingles. 

It is a difficult one in some respects - an opportunity for an outing against players from a higher division, the opportunity for the club to progress to a significant stage in a high profile competition (in which we also have some pedigree) versus the need to be 100% focused on the next game in the league...also against claret and blue opponents..

Hmm,.. Does it matter if we go out of the Carabao Cup? No, not really (no one expects us to progress)

Does it make any difference to the likely outcome if we deploy a depleted side? No, not really, it is probably better for our younger players to get some real match action in front of a decent sized partisan crowd.

Do our supporters care one way or another? Well, I do - I would rather not be handed our bollox by an arrogant bubble blowing bunch.

Can we do anything to improve our chances, without doing harm to our prospects for the proper game on Sunday? Yes - play some of the fringe players and let them demonstrate what they can bring to the first team on a regular basis.

So, out go BBD (bench?) Gallagher (needs more time to recover) Hyam (we are going to need him on Sunday!) Brittain (Sunday) , Morton (need his vision and skill Sunday) Pickering (Sunday) .

In come Garrett, Adam Wharton, Dacky, Markanday, and others..

Kind of go for it, Rovers.. no half measures,.and don't leave us wondering 'what if'.

COYB! 

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The London Stadium. Plenty of tickets at £10 each.

You know I meant tv/stream. Sadly when I finish work at 4.30 up between Preston and Lancaster, I’ve no chance of getting down there for 7.30. If it was a weekend I’d go but midweek, sadly no chance. 

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I saw someone had suggested over 1,500 before the weekend. On Friday the lower tier had sold out but I’ve no idea how many that is.

Not bad numbers for a mid-week trip to London.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Being midweek and all the transport palava in the build up I can’t see too many northerners heading down, but plenty of London Branch will be there bulking out the following, you’d imagine. 

Yes, travel is going to be a nightmare. I’m getting the coach down but have taken some days off work…Fingers crossed we put in a good performance with our fringe players.