BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

It's going to be a reserve XI. And to be fair that's hardly new - we've played the second string every game of the competition so far, and they've performed really well. 

I think we will probably perform better than expected but still go out. 

Pears

Phillips  Carter  Mola

Brittain    Buckley  Garrett   Edun      

Dack

Markanday      Vale  

• Like 2

I was planning to go but the "performance" at Coventry really cheesed me off and I don't see the point in going if Tomasson is going to have us playing the same way.

If anything it will be a very late decision on the day if we are able to pay on the gate. Does anyone know? 

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's going to be a reserve XI. And to be fair that's hardly new - we've played the second string every game of the competition so far, and they've performed really well. 

Pears

Phillips  Carter  Mola

Brittain    Buckley  Garrett   Edun      

Dack

Markanday      Vale  

Phillips and Mola are having their turn on the treatment table apparently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I was planning to go but the "performance" at Coventry really cheesed me off and I don't see the point in going if Tomasson is going to have us playing the same way.

If anything it will be a very late decision on the day if we are able to pay on the gate. Does anyone know? 

No sales on the day...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/november/07/ticket-news--west-ham-united-v-rovers/

Edited by MarkBRFC

On 05/11/2022 at 19:02, Upside Down said:

Let's face it, this is just a warm up game before we play the proper claret and blue scum in the biggest derby game in the world.

Optimistically going for a 3-0 win for a second strength Rovers side to cruise to the next round. 

I wouldn't call it a warm up, winning the league cup is one of the domestic trophies worth having in your trophy cabinet. Lets give it 100% then move on to the Championship derby Sunday.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski

Carter   Phillips  Wharton  Mola

Buckley  garrett

Markanday   dack    dolan

Hirst/vale

If Mola is fit (thought I picked up that he was injured, but I could be wrong) I'd play him centre back and play Edun at left back. Leave S. Wharton on the bench.

Otherwise I'd probably do something similar with JRC at right back and Carter in the middle. I'd avoid starting any outfield player who's in line to play on Sunday. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

This match thread is not even pinned. That's how much people give a shit about this fixture. 

Send the second string and save the best for the six fingered ones.

I did this on purpose because I found it quite funny 😃

• Like 3

Well, I'll be there. Hoping to see some good signs from Buckley and some class from Dack, and a good runout for other younger players.

As a random aside, this tie may actually be a decent revenue bonus. My understanding is away sides get 45% of gate receipts for cup games. West Ham seem to manage decent turnouts whatever the opponent in recent cup games at London Stadium (pandemic aside!): West Brom 59k, Man City 60k and 57k, Leeds 54k, Birmingham 54k, Macclesfield 25k, Tottenham 50k, Bolton 35k, Shrewsbury 40k, Accrington Stanley 40k, Chelsea 46k (??)...

Assuming we'll be a slightly bigger draw than Macclesfield, let's conservatively (🙃) assume an attendance of 35k and an average ticket price of £18 (only the upper bowl corners are priced at £10). That works out to about 285k of revenue? So, our first big-ish cup draw since Newcastle in the 2018-19 FA Cup (Newcastle EFL Cup in 2020 being closed doors...). Break out the bubbly.

(And to think winning the EFL Cup only gets you £100k!)

Wow not seen such apathy since Rotherham at home where everyone has written us off!

This is a big game for us, get behind your team!!! And be careful what you wish for. Forfeit this, the pride and spirit that goes along with it, you run the risk of Wigan away FA Cup scenario and we all know what followed that!! 

In words of the terrace don’t F the cup but are possibly going up!

early lead for rovers in this game 

Edited by starscascade

Tomorrow is pretty much a free hit and providing we don't get hammered it will be a great opportunity for our youngsters to showcase their talent on a big stage. We can go there and hopefully play with the freedom we did at Bradford which was hugely entertaining and satisfying. I saw Tomasson quoted as saying that we have sold 2000 tickets. That's a terrific effort.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tomorrow is pretty much a free hit and providing we don't get hammered it will be a great opportunity for our youngsters to showcase their talent on a big stage. We can go there and hopefully play with the freedom we did at Bradford which was hugely entertaining and satisfying. I saw Tomasson quoted as saying that we have sold 2000 tickets. That's a terrific effort.

I'm guessing maybe a fair proportion of those 2000 are London-based Rovers supporters? Hats off to anyone who travels down for a game that really is totally over-shadowed by the coming fixture at t'Turd.

Great effort as you say.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski

Carter   Phillips  Wharton  Mola

Buckley  garrett

Markanday   dack    dolan

Hirst/vale

IF Kaminski got injured in this game, we would go into melt-down on here!

13 hours ago, J*B said:

I did this on purpose because I found it quite funny 😃

Not sure I get the joke, but please could you pin it back.

Can't see how the members, mods, or visitors benefit from it being unpinned. 

I'm too nervous about Sunday to see the funny side of anything, but I'm looking forward to following the match comments on here on Wed night.

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

In terms of the game, I genuinely think it will negatively impact on the build up to Sunday, and the confidence of one or 2 of the players, if we lose by 4 or more goals tomorrow. 

Scott W probably needs game time ahead of the weekend, but I agree we need both Wharton's involved on Sunday. 

It's a difficult decision to decide which 3 first-teamers to play tomorrow. 

Brittain, Hedges, and Kaminski? 

It's a lottery, but still think its important to be competitive, to build some momentum that midweek away games usually sabotage.

Brilliant effort by anyone travelling down from the North. Good luck and enjoy.

COYB!!!!

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

• Backroom
On 07/11/2022 at 14:14, joey_big_nose said:

Pears

Phillips  Carter  Mola

Buckley  Garrett   Edun   Batty   

Dack

Markanday      Vale  

Swapped Brittain out for Batty. Save Callum for Sunday.

• Like 1