BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Not sure I get the joke, but please could you pin it back.

Can't see how the members, mods, or visitors benefit from it being unpinned. 

I'm too nervous about Sunday to see the funny side of anything, but I'm looking forward to following the match comments on here on Wed night.

In fairness, the traffic during the game will keep this thread high up the page.

• J*B pinned this topic

With the saying of after the Lord mayor’s show, I doubt if there one for events leading up to it but this would be it.

I’ve no doubt this will be a reserves game for both sides but after the previous fellas attitude to cup games I’d really love a proper cup run (just terrible timing).

Also my mate reckons pints at the London stadium are £7.60. So most supping will defo be done pre match. 

Edited by matt83

Hoping this is the game where Dack has a blinder and works his way back into the starting 11. Also keen to see if Markanday gets a game upfront and what he can offer. 

The article on Lancs live sounds like JDT has been getting into Buckley lately to up his game so interesting to see if he plays with a point to prove.

West Ham likely to make a lot of changes so I dont think it will be a walkover in their favour.

Great chance for some fringe players.

Kaminski

Carter   Ayala  Phillips

Brittain                                 Mola

Buckley  Garrett Dack

Markanday Vale

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, benhben said:

Hoping this is the game where Dack has a blinder and works his way back into the starting 11. Also keen to see if Markanday gets a game upfront and what he can offer. 

The article on Lancs live sounds like JDT has been getting into Buckley lately to up his game so interesting to see if he plays with a point to prove.

West Ham likely to make a lot of changes so I dont think it will be a walkover in their favour.

Great chance for some fringe players.

Kaminski

Carter   Ayala  Phillips

Brittain                                 Mola

Buckley  Garrett Dack

Markanday Vale

Don’t want to see Ayala or Brittain anywhere near a London post code tonight. I’d rather have Benson in goal than risk Kaminski.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 7

I'm normally an advocate of playing a strong side in this kind of game, its a rare chance for Rovers to go deep into a cup competition, one in which we have had fairly recent success. However, given our opposition on Sunday I'll make an exception on this one occasion. As others have said, none of the intended first eleven for Sunday should be anywhere near London tonight and in fact that might also include a couple who are pencilled-in to be on the subs bench at t'Turd.

Play the kids and leave the following at home:

Kaminsky, Brittain, Hyam, S Wharton, Ayala, Pickering, Travis, A Wharton, Morton, Brereton, Gallagher, Hedges, Szmodics.

I realise that it doesn't leave us with much, but we can still put a decent young team out plus Dack.

Perm any eleven from Pears, Carter, Phillips, Mola, Batty, Buckley, Garrett, Dack, Dolan, Vale, Markanday, Hirst.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Honestly couldn't care less about this game which is strange as in past seasons under him this type of game was all we had to look forward to. We won't win so I don't want any key injuries on top of that.  Maybe give a start to young batty?

Thanks for your continued support. I will be painting the town blue and white after our 3-0 conquest ha ha I’ll have a drink for you after 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tomorrow is pretty much a free hit and providing we don't get hammered it will be a great opportunity for our youngsters to showcase their talent on a big stage. We can go there and hopefully play with the freedom we did at Bradford which was hugely entertaining and satisfying. I saw Tomasson quoted as saying that we have sold 2000 tickets. That's a terrific effort.

That’s a decent effort. I was literally just wondering how many had been sold and as get most of my rovers news from this site thought it would be referenced.

The price is right ticket wise, new ground for most and usually get decent followings in London anyway vs being a midweek league cup with the main event on Sunday, reserves probably playing, loom of mick lynch deciding they can’t be arsed and it’s wet.

Rovers fans are an inscrutable bunch. This evening could be anywhere from 300 to 3,000 with no rhyme nor reason for it. 

Just now, starscascade said:

You can guarantee everyone will be praising players and manager if we win. Fickle lot. Imagine if hirst scores a hat-trick now 

Well, to be fair if he does that would make him a fickle player because he has shown absolutely no sign of doing that so far. Most people are simply commenting on what they have seen, which hasn't been good at all. As Keegan once said, "I would love it"...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, starscascade said:

You can guarantee everyone will be praising players and manager if we win. Fickle lot. Imagine if hirst scores a hat-trick now 

Do you ever post anything that doesn't have a swipe at the fans?

It's tedious now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Also my mate reckons pints at the London stadium are £7.60. So most supping will defo be done pre match. 

Matt - don’t expect to save too much drinking elsewhere. And avoid the couple of bars in Westfield, they will be rammed with Hammers fans “enjoying” poor expensive beer.