BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

Kompany used his HT talk well, JDT just said more of the same. Kompany identified a lack of ability in full back areas and pressed in numbers once we had it there. First goal I have no complaints about  it's good attacking play, the other 2 were appalling from us and so avoidable.

14 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This club still reeks of Tony Mowbray. Lowe, Johnson and Benson need replacing.

No way the false 9, 5 at the back, Gallagher RW nonsense has transferred naturally between manager changes.

Absolute rubbish- Mowbray’s been gone for months.

This is on JDT. As a season ticket holder, we’ve been absolutely abysmal to watch most of this season.  2 of those goals today have come from JDT’s style of fannying around with it at the back.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This is Tomasson's team and Rovers are playing "his" way

I know we're all hurting Jim, and there's plenty to blame JDT for, but you can't say it's Tomasson's team after what he inherited.

However after that display I do worry what Tomasson's team will look like as he must have a screw loose if he thought not playing the Wharton's in a local derby was a good idea. Playing out from the back whilst expecting to hold out for 90+ minutes against the league's top scorers was ever going to end well. Throwing two novices into the cauldron in Mola and Garrett who overall were both poor. When we brought Vale on for Gallagher (I blame Waggott and Broughton for not providing adequate cover there) and it really was men playing boys.

I fully expected to lose today, but not by three goals and not in the manner we did. Burnley have a good championship squad bolstered by their coffers, whilst we're still picking the pieces up from Mowbray's reign of midfielders playing upfront. However to expect to defend an entire match and then capitulate like that is indefensible by manager and players.

"Playing his way." I've never seen anything like it, and in a Derby game too. And I'll never understand these managers who try to play football when their players aren't equipped.

Third in the league and not one Rovers fans happy about it. What a bizarre game this can be.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

1 shot

Worst of all games in the Chamionship so far this season. Sky just said.

Against our bitter rivals.

It was not good enough in every department.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter to the owners. The project is to increase value and sell. They can all fuck off.

I’m sure we had just 1 shot in another of our away matches this season too. We have form. It’s unnaceptable.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

22 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

I hate to say this but I’d love someone upfront like Ashley Barnes. Absolute shithouse, must be a nightmare to play against. Passionate    

There was nobody in our side today who looked like they gave a fook.

Im beyond furious right now.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Also, how much more up for it where they? 

When you're allowed to smash into opposition players and not get carded it's easier to be 'up' for a game.

Barnes is a thug and should have received two yellow cards. Their CM should have been sent off for a second bookable too.

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

We can’t be blaming the ref here. Yeah, Barnes got away with plenty, but we could’ve had @arbitroreffing with Simon Garner and Birdy as his assistants and we’d still have been well beaten.

Unforgivable from every player who set foot on the pitch, and even more so the manager.

Burnley absolutely deserved that. I can take being out performed by a better side - which they clearly are, but there was so much more passion from those in Claret and blue. In little over a decade look how both teams fortunes have changed. A result and non-performance like that would’ve been unthinkable until Venky’s came along.

The ref allowed them to do what they wanted which didn't help, but JDT and players were far worse villains today.

Just another away game for JDT is seemed.

• Like 1

All the soundbites from JDT told me we were going to fight today, even if we were going to be outclassed. How wrong was I?

Tomasson appeared to sheepishly walk off the pitch at the end, and I'm not surprised. It was abysmal in the second-half, even if we were defensively astute in the first half.

Putting our first half of the season into perspective, I'm delighted that we're third, even if I don't feel it today. But he got it absolutely wrong today. He said we were going there to win - that we were going to be brave. Neither of those things happened.

I've bitten my lip when I've seen unfair criticism of him up until now, but today was embarrassing. As the Dingles put it, we were "f*cking sh*t".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

When you're allowed to smash into opposition players and not get carded it's easier to be 'up' for a game.

Barnes is a thug and should have received two yellow cards. Their CM should have been sent off for a second bookable too.

Three yellow cards I counted.

The ref didn't help but suicidal tactics and team selection lost the game.

Utter garbage performance. So obvious that Burnley would struggle against a long ball to Brereton but instead most of the match was played trying to get the ball out of our own penalty area. This playing out from the keeper is costing us bigtime particularly away from home but JDT persists with it because it adds value!?? What was the point of Mola instead of Wharton? Garrett looked more than a bit lost and clueless. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

I hate to say this but I’d love someone upfront like Ashley Barnes. Absolute shithouse, must be a nightmare to play against. Passionate    

And we have no one to give him a fecking good kicking.

He was running amok like a fat schoolyard bully unrestrained by us and the ref.

Pushed Kaminski over twice and nothing done.

Fecking neanderthal and looks like one. Bastard.

Actually he's a "shitgibbon"

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6