BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm delighted going into the World Cup break. The only thing I'm concerned about is whether Broughton sticks to his word about not strengthening in January - I hope the plan has been adjusted after this tremendous start.

Hang on, he said we weren't going to strengthen in January?!

When did he say this?!

7 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Sure, but JDT went out and got his first choice (his words) - Hirst, who is tragically bad. So not exactly a problem he couldn't have solved. 

I think technically his first choice is playing in Europe with Rangers. Hirst was a band-aid over a gaping wound and hasn't worked.

Thankfully Hyam, Brittain and Szmodics have. I liked the look of Mola too and Morton is decent. 

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Afternoon all. My customary quick visit post match. Hard to argue best team won on the day, you don’t win games with one shot in 90 minutes.

Quick word for both sets of fans who observed the silence absolutely.

Enjoy your afternoon, I’m out for a few drinks, will read through the thread later but will avoid comment more for now.

Have one for me. I’m too depressed to bother.

• Like 3

I must be honest I’m 63 and I can’t recall a performance against them as bad as that. They may have a few better players than us but not by much. The difference is not a gap that couldn’t be matched by effort and commitment.

If they go up they’ll come straight back down because if you get in their face they are defensively frail. Why we didn’t god only knows

it was mowbrayesque in the surrender but I suppose when you play a big club like Burnley  what can you expect it’s not 1995

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Two utterly criminal errors from Rovers which really should have been avoided. 

1) No plan B. 

Look I get why he set up as he did with the team that he did. I understand the thinking. Mola.a big lad with presence, another defensive mid. On paper it's worth a shot. 

But when the team and the tactics aren't working, clearly aren't working, to persist with both for the full.game.is idiocy. It wasn't working. Everyone could see that yet we continued to pass it round the back like a kick about in the park. 

It's not that hard to have a Plan B. It's not that difficult to see when Plan A isn't working. So why don't we? 

And this is the most frustrating thing about it - no team in the history of football hasn't had to revert to plan B at times. No team has solely had success through plan A, so why do we think we are different? 

Secondly we are massively reliant on youngsters stepping up to the plate. Again no team in the history of football has had all their youngsters ready to just slot in as squad players. So again, why do we think we are different? 

Some of them are ready at this level, some will be but aren't there yet, and others won't. History tells us this is the case. And yet so many positions we are relying on youngsters in their first season stepping up to the level required. That will never happen with them all so why are we wildly hoping it will? 

This is what bothers me, because these are issues that are utterly avoidable and completely known to us. Today our refusal to recognise reality cost us very dearly indeed. 

For the record Plan A was to play with 3 CBs and inverted WBs with 3 in midfield (2 of which are more tacklers than passers) and 2 upfront. We nullified them playing this way before the first goal. 

Plan B was to switch to 4-2-3-1 with Mola at LB, Morton and Buckley in CM, Dack at #10 with Brereton and Hedges flanking Vale. That's when we got mullered because they simply have better players than we do. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll let Mowbray off the hook when JDT has had a few transfer windows to sort out the mess of a squad he's left behind.

A good manager maximises what he has. There is talent in the squad but no matter what you make of it you cannot apply the tactics JDT does with the playing out from the back against decent opposition with no plan B. It's staggering that he persists with it. Adapt!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Afternoon all. My customary quick visit post match. Hard to argue best team won on the day, you don’t win games with one shot in 90 minutes.

Quick word for both sets of fans who observed the silence absolutely.

Enjoy your afternoon, I’m out for a few drinks, will read through the thread later but will avoid comment more for now.

Well it hurts that's fir sure but the best team won absolutely no doubt about that I do however hope every pint you get today is flat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

One thing that I’m really getting p***ed off with is how many teams we’ve played have said we are by far the worst team they’ve played.

Burnley fans saying we were awful which is factual. However I honestly believe every away game we’ve played bar Swansea & Hull teams have said we look like relegation fodder.

We’re set up not to get the best out what skills our players have. There should be an almighty bust in up in that dressing room after the game. Of course that’s if we have any leaders in there. That’s what I lay at Mowbray’s door - in all the time he was here he never signed one player who you would be frightened of crossing, not one,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

I actually like Sam 

A likeable player but mediocre. The point was he shouldn't be the only centre forward in the squad whilst filling the squad with average midfielders signed to be played wide or as a false 9. We saw today that Vale is not an adequate replacement for a senior centre forward. And Hirst should be nowhere near the first team, Broughton needs a kick in the ass for that one.

As soon as Vale came on you could see Burnley commit more players. No threat apart from Brereton. Throw as many players forward as you want as long as you keep Brereton from running foward.

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

A team in third in a game against a local rival should be competing on some level. I think most of us could deal with losing, but we didn't even compete. By the sounds of things this was the single worst performance put in by a Championship team this season, and in that particular game it is unforgivable.

Stop bigging Burnley up to be Man City or something, even Rotherham made them sweat at Turf Moor fgs. 

We're third on merit (the table doesn't lie), but by no means do we have the third best squad in the league - or even the third best starting XI in the league. I think fans have got carried away with the league position, personally. 

In terms of spending, Burnley are Manchester City this year - they've spent nearly £30m on transfers (+ wages). 

• Like 2

This was just another to add to the scrapbook of abject, clueless, away defeats at Reading, Sheff Utd, Luton, Cardiff and Coventry. Keep doing the same thing - playing out from the 6 yard box - with the same dismal results. And it seems to be more important to "add value" to players than actually be competitive and win points.

• Like 3

Rovers were embarrassing JDT got it ALL wrong from the off.

Gally not fit

Garrett game passed him by

Tactics we’re non existent

Some of our fans are total and utter dikwads fukwits and fuktards🤬

Burnley outplayed us outfought us and deserved to give us a drubbing

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Also got to bear in mind they were missing key players as well - they'll be a much bigger threat at Ewood and it could get very messy.

It’ll be very very messy if the manager doesn’t play our best players in their correct positions. Feels like nobody at Ewood truly understands it or us. During Venkys reign of terror it’s been D or L in the Derby to the point I’m convinced they all just accept it. No standards. Anyone got Gregg Broughton’s email? I fancy giving him a piece of my mind. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, booth said:

A likeable player but mediocre. The point was he shouldn't be the only centre forward in the squad whilst filling the squad with average midfielders signed to be played wide or as a false 9. We saw today that Vale is not an adequate replacement for a senior centre forward. And Hirst should be nowhere near the first team, Broughton needs a kick in the ass for that one.

As soon as Vale came on you could see Burnley commit more players. No threat apart from Brereton. Throw as many players forward as you want as long as you keep Brereton from running foward.

I agree 

• Like 1