BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Having been around here longer than most, one of them said some pretty disgusting things about the death of Jack Walker when he first arrived on the site.

Buying him a drink? No ney never.

Just for a bit of balance.

Which one?

• Like 1

I for one like a team to play out from the back but you need a strong midfield who will run off the ball and are not afraid to ask for the ball. Man city do it but there have a midfield who is strong work hard and can control the ball when they have it.

To get a team like that takes time but if it does not work then option B is to by pass the midfield and play the long ball/pass good teams can bo both, we have to learn to do both well. 

It's easy to go overboard when we win or lose but some where in the middle is about where we are not as good if we win but not as bad if we lose

31 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

He doesn't bring much to the table does he,  usual obligatory moment of stupidity. 

Very little proper grit in there today! 

His overall demeanour to me is a bit fairy-like.  Need a tough big bastard in there to pull the young lads along.  

Lowe Mark 2 but with less bite

Says a lot that Travis is our captain. Big questions over his maturity. His petulance is often mistaken for passion. Never got why some of our fans celebrate his “shithousery” while crying when other teams do it.

Unpopular opinion: Lenihan wouldn’t have let Barnes get away with his antics and 2 goals today.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We helped set the tone with Barnes from about the 5th minute. Kaminski going down holding his face after Barnes touched his chest was the start. He was rolling around pretending to be hurt instead of getting aggressive back. The ref, who won’t believe his luck at how few incidents there were, was never going to be fooled by that.

We were completely passive and let Barnes take liberties all game. He flew through one of our midfielders (forget who), which admittedly should’ve been a yellow all day long, but it’d have been really easy to make him regret doing that challenge.

Closest we got to dishing anything out was Ayala while defending a corner and Travis’s unintelligent and pointless booking. We were pathetic in all honesty. Bring Souness and Flitcroft in on a consultancy basis for a week before we play them again, see if they can find anyone with a pair of bollocks in our changing room.

Once he bottled the big one - the straight red and penalty - I knew were were in for one of those refereeing performances. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Once he bottled the big one - the straight red and penalty - I knew were were in for one of those refereeing performances. 

At the time I didn’t think it was a pen, but to be honest that was largely due to the fact none of our players seemed to appeal for it - Couldn't even be arsed doing that. On reflection having seen the replays it certainly could’ve been given. To be clear though, today is not on the ref.

Edited by Miller11

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Says a lot that Travis is our captain. Big questions over his maturity. His petulance is often mistaken for passion. Never got why some of our fans celebrate his “shithousery” while crying when other teams do it.

Unpopular opinion: Lenihan wouldn’t have let Barnes get away with his antics and 2 goals today.

Scott Wharton wouldn't.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

At the time I didn’t think it was a pen, but to be honest that was largely due to the fact none of our players seemed to appeal for it - Couldn't even be arsed doing that. On reflection having seen the replays it certainly could’ve been given. To be clear though, today is not on the ref.

Down to 10 men and 1-0 down certainly changes that game. He's bottled it because he's a coward.

I never want to see a Premier League ref again in this league, they've got too used to VAR bailing them out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Down to 10 men and 1-0 down certainly changes that game. He's bottled it because he's a coward.

I never want to see a Premier League ref again in this league, they've got too used to VAR bailing them out. 

It might have been a penalty, but it was never a red card.

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Listened to radio lancs on the drive back and JDT said he was happy with how we defended but we where poor out of possession. 
WOW just WOW

we never had the ball for a feckin start

He’s right with the defending bit though (obviously until they scored). We contained them well in the first half…That was obviously our game plan to them hit them on the counter…which we did extremely poorly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Not much in the dugout?

Just to emphasise how I’m against the “Dack has shown he’s not got it anymore” mob.

He’s only started 1 league match since Blackpool…1! (and he was hooked at HT). Played a total 112 league minutes between Blackpool and today, that’s across 13 games - less than 10 mins a match). 
I’m actually more embarrassed for our fans who have bought into this narrative that he’s no good (is he worse than Garrett / Travis / Morton / Buckley?) because they buy every word JDT says

22C0B367-FFF0-48CE-8C61-27F08F0FC8A5.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the Whartons didn't play - Scott in particular.

You have to say that it's highly likely that he (in place of Mola) stops at least two of their goals.

Agreed, usually it’s an excuse to say to rest them due to up & coming games…We’ve now got a months rest so it makes zero sense. I’d of started Both today. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Agreed, usually it’s an excuse to say to rest them due to up & coming games…We’ve now got a months rest so it makes zero sense. I’d of started Both today. 

Much like his predecessor I suspect the manager got himself all in a tactical tangle. A half baked theory here, a random experiment there which lead to him not being able to see the wood for the trees. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Our captain today Travis...he's a wet lettuce, beaten before we started.

I get sick of hearing about this supposed hardman reputation he has. He's soft as shite, shit on the ball and as thick as a whale omelette. All his bookings are for stupidity not marking an opponent's card. We need better in there, he's starting to remind me of J-Lo.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the Whartons didn't play - Scott in particular.

You have to say that it's highly likely that he (in place of Mola) stops at least two of their goals.

To hear JDT talking about the pace of Mola being a reason he started is maddening. We were so deep there was no space for anyone to run into.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I get sick of hearing about this supposed hardman reputation he has. He's soft as shite, shit on the ball and as thick as a whale omelette. All his bookings are for stupidity not marking an opponent's card. We need better in there, he's starting to remind me of J-Lo.

I agree about the bookings, all for childish acts. Not one for really putting somebody in their place.