BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How do you think that will go down with the poor bastards who are having to decide wether to put food on the table or put the heating on or maybe treat their kids to a trip to Ewood over Xmas ? I was thinking of taking my grandson to a game. It can wait now.

Footballers at Championship level are considerably better off than most people in the UK - get over it.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Footballers at all levels are vastly overpaid - goodnight

Given the level of losses sustained by clubs at Championship level I think you are correct - at least as regards clubs playing in this division. But worth pointing out that when it comes to tying players down under contract the cry will go up on this messageboard "Show some ambition - pay him what he wants" .

• Moderation Lead

Tell you what, if the players don’t want to shove Nathan Tella’s 3-0 motion up his backside, or get back at Ashley Barnes for being a complete shithouse and bullying us, they need to find another club. 
Absolutely imperative that in the reverse fixture every last one of our boys put their big boy pants on, grow a pair of bollocks and put some pride back into this club.

They didn’t show any yesterday and a lot of us have had yesterday’s result rammed down our throats and I’m sick of it. I’m still angry at just how pathetic we were yesterday.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Butty said:

They’re on a break for a couple of weeks, don’t tell me you wouldn’t do the same. Don’t be that guy mate come on. 

It’s not necessarily the holiday that gripes me, it’s the complete lack of awareness from the management. Pre-Venkys losing the Derby wasn’t a thing. Now it has become normal, acceptable behaviour. As has posting holiday snaps the day after a humiliating defeat. 

If they had any sense whatsoever or any clue about the culture within the town (see Season Ticket Pricing) they would have insisted that whilst players where going away for a well deserved rest based on the first half of the season, they categorically must not post anything on their social media accounts as it has a direct risk of winding up pissed off fans. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Tell you what, if the players don’t want to shove Nathan Tella’s 3-0 motion up his backside, or get back at Ashley Barnes for being a complete shithouse and bullying us, they need to find another club. 
Absolutely imperative that in the reverse fixture every last one of our boys put their big boy pants on, grow a pair of bollocks and put some pride back into this club.

They didn’t show any yesterday and a lot of us have had yesterday’s result rammed down our throats and I’m sick of it. I’m still angry at just how pathetic we were yesterday.

The biggest problem for the next derby is Burnley will go into January will a plan after a very successful first half of the season and a perfect Derby day. Their weaknesses are obvious, it’s all across their defensive line and keeper. So they’ll sign someone to rectify that. 

Add Jay Rodriquez into the mix and the Ewood leg will be a seriously hard task.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

He genuinely hates us (saw an interview saying he is so happy because he scored against the bastards) that showed yesterday in his play, I can’t help but admire that because once the ref let him get away once he knew he’d carry on getting away with it. Didn’t see anyone with that desire and hatred for Burnley yesterday from us 

Nope. He left them on the bench, or off the team sheet. Baffling. Irritating and completely out of touch.

I know we are only fans, on the sidelines - but those are OUR colours these lads are pulling on each week. Show some fooking respect, players 😞

2 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Nope. He left them on the bench, or off the team sheet. Baffling. Irritating and completely out of touch.

I know we are only fans, on the sidelines - but those are OUR colours these lads are pulling on each week. Show some fooking respect, players 😞

We're having one of our best seasons in years - I'm happy.

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, J*B said:

The biggest problem for the next derby is Burnley will go into January will a plan after a very successful first half of the season and a perfect Derby day. Their weaknesses are obvious, it’s all across their defensive line and keeper. So they’ll sign someone to rectify that. 

Add Jay Rodriquez into the mix and the Ewood leg will be a seriously hard task.

I’m not doubting they’re a better side, but I’d just like us to lay a glove on them at the very least tbf.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We're having one of our best seasons in years - I'm happy.

We suffered our heaviest defeat to Burnley in my lifetime yesterday, without laying a glove on them. Perhaps you missed it?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We suffered our heaviest defeat to Burnley in my lifetime yesterday, without laying a glove on them. Perhaps you missed it?

No. I'm taking a view on the season as a whole - 3rd in the league, through to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup, excellent group of young players who are being tied down to lengthy contracts. Keeping things in perspective is a big help.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

No. I'm taking a view on the season as a whole - 3rd in the league, through to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup, excellent group of young players who are being tied down to lengthy contracts. Keeping things in perspective is a big help.

I imagine you were doing the same last season when people were raising concerns over Mowbray whilst we were 2nd. Sometimes perspective is about looking at the bigger picture rather than what is staring you in the face. There are some obvious problems with the way we play, and it's clear if they aren't sorted we won't come close to finishing 3rd. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I imagine you were doing the same last season when people were raising concerns over Mowbray whilst we were 2nd. Sometimes perspective is about looking at the bigger picture rather than what is staring you in the face. There are some obvious problems with the way we play, and it's clear if they aren't sorted we won't come close to finishing 3rd. 

I'm happy ; you seem not to be. 

How can we argue when JDTs tactics see us reach Championship heights we've not seen under TM.  Embarrassing for me speaking to a burnley fan today. 

"why didn't you turn up?" agree, we didn't.

"never dreamt it was going to be that easy!" well what can I say.

"even Rovers fans failed to make any noise!" really??

Not knocking the 1875 members, and warning this may hurt. Ticket priority was given to this group which no doubt consists of 100% loyal fans of the club. But my guess is as 1875 membership attracts hospitality rewards, the group is not the most vocal. Priority in Away Ticket allocation in all cases should go to fans with most away ticket purchases. Having said that I accept we were vastly outnumbers and I was not there to confirm our "noise level".

In our first attacked yesterday, if the ball had gone left to Diaz then the game might have been different. Good effort by Diaz in the second half when the ball hit their keeper's shoulder resulting in a corner, but that was it. Barnes was playing his last east lancs derby and we allowed him the freedom of the park.

Concern is if we continue not to turn up and with other teams now finding us out, the second half of 2022-23 will be similar to recent seasons. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Surprisingly enough, no, I'm not happy that we just got smashed by Burnley in the limpest derby performance I've seen from any team. Shocking but there you go. Being 3rd and in the 4th round of the league cup is scant consolation when I simply don't believe our form will last much longer. Obviously you do so great, but there are legitimate debates to be had about yesterday's capitulation and our previous defeats, and answering "we're 3rd, I'm happy" is simply adding nothing to the debate. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Well, I'm not.

Whilst the current league position looks good, clearly, there are big problems with the way we are set up and our style of play. It doesn't work in so many away games and in too many home games we are "hanging on".

Given this is The Dingles thread, I think it is only reasonable for people to be concerned that we did not show up yesterday. We couldn't raise a gallop in our biggest local derby...We were embarrassing.... shit!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 6

The noise level was great, it was absolutely bouncing before the game and we were by far the more vocal fans up until they scored.

Don’t comment if you weren’t at the game. The fans gave their all and your 1875 member theory is ridiculous. Just a shame the players didn’t turn up! That’s the problem here.

14 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

How can we argue when JDTs tactics see us reach Championship heights we've not seen under TM.  Embarrassing for me speaking to a burnley fan today. 

"why didn't you turn up?" agree, we didn't.

"never dreamt it was going to be that easy!" well what can I say.

"even Rovers fans failed to make any noise!" really??

Not knocking the 1875 members, and warning this may hurt. Ticket priority was given to this group which no doubt consists of 100% loyal fans of the club. But my guess is as 1875 membership attracts hospitality rewards, the group is not the most vocal. Priority in Away Ticket allocation in all cases should go to fans with most away ticket purchases. Having said that I accept we were vastly outnumbers and I was not there to confirm our "noise level".

In our first attacked yesterday, if the ball had gone left to Diaz then the game might have been different. Good effort by Diaz in the second half when the ball hit their keeper's shoulder resulting in a corner, but that was it. Barnes was playing his last east lancs derby and we allowed him the freedom of the park.

Concern is if we continue not to turn up and with other teams now finding us out, the second half of 2022-23 will be similar to recent seasons. 

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

The atmosphere pre-game in the ground was good and as you would expect, as was the noise from the Rovers fans in the first 20 minutes. But somewhere in that first half the belief seemed to get sucked out of the fans and the atmosphere went. Then once the first goal went in we went quiet.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The noise level was great, it was absolutely bouncing before the game and we were by far the more vocal fans up until they scored.

Don’t comment if you weren’t at the game. The fans gave their all and your 1875 member theory is ridiculous. Just a shame the players didn’t turn up! That’s the problem here.

Really? I'm free to comment on the game if I was there or not. Please retract your comment.

I did say my comment on 1875 members might hurt but I accept your comment that you think its ridiculous. This message board is all about opinions.

• Like 1