BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Have a day off lad, Christ. That sort of thing happens all the time and I’ve never seen anyone sent off for it before.

Fact is it’s more on Buckley than the referee, the actions of one of those is under our control and it’s not the referee 

I think it was soft but idiotic from Buckley 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Wow.

1st half was very good.

Conceded early in the second, but the red card is what’s killed us here.

I’m pretty sure JDT’s instructions to Buckley at HT wasn’t ‘go and get yourself sent off nice and early lad’.

Not just this game my man, one good half vs boro and he's meant to be OK? We are shambolic most games and we lack any threat what so ever 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Problem is you can't rely on one player for the entire season, as we found out last season when BBD got injured and we bombed out of the playoffs in spectacular fashion. Our other forwards need to step up, but by and large they aren't very good. Gallagher's four goals and one assist are being touted as a revelation season for him, which kind of says it all. 

Yep, to have a recognised striker capable of a double figure goal tally would make a big difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Buckley giving away a penalty and a petulant red card within a week. Back to the reserves for the rest of the season little boy.

He had a really good first half and that is the harshest straight red I have ever seen. If the red card gets rescinded then he keeps his place for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Fact is it’s more on Buckley than the referee, the actions of one of those is under our control and it’s not the referee 

The ref has had a shocker

Thats all that needs to be said. What Buckley did was petulant but if that’s a red card the game is over. We may as well pack it in now 

A red card is issued for cases gross misconduct. The ref has ruined the game 

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

He had a really good first half and that is the harshest straight red I have ever seen. If the red card gets rescinded then he keeps his place for me.

Yeah it’s harsh, but more importantly it was completely stupid. Not a chance it’s rescinded. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

This.

Red card or not, you can't control what the officials do but you can decide not to throw the ball at the Boro players head and press the officials into making a decision.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Anyone know whar rule was broken for the sending off?

They’re saying “violent conduct” on comms and with that it could also be “serious foul play” as the other option within the laws. Practically speaking, it’s unsporting conduct, which is a cautionable offence at worst. It’ll be rescinded but that doesn’t help us at all.

Very poor showing and I’m inclined to write this off. We should’ve maybe put a couple away in the first half and not conceded early but the cumulative effects after the red make a loss here easier to forgive.

Just now, Blackpool_Rover said:

Dumbass fans booing when Dack subbed off. Moronic. The substitution makes total sense in this situation. Embarrassing. Learn football you tools.

Not when the useless Gally is still on. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Bucko's lack of professionalism obviously doesn't reflect well, regardless of the ridiculousness of sending him off. Had just been given a chance to get himself established in the team again. A shame for the lad. I don't think JDT will want to, or indeed can afford to (new five year deal) be too harsh on him. A private word, don't do something like that again, move on. 

Fact is we have much deeper problems than Buckley. My concern based on our recent performances is that it seems almost the entire squad needs an overhaul to perform effectively for JDT, and I just don't see where the funding is coming from for such a seismic undertaking. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The ref has had a shocker

Thats all that needs to be said. What Buckley did was petulant but if that’s a red card the game is over. We may as well pack it in now 

A red card is issued for cases gross misconduct. The ref has ruined the game 

Petulant actions like that have been red cards for at least 20 years, I remember Danny Mills getting a red at Highbury for Leeds for passing a ball against a player on the deck, Beckham v Argentina etc 

• Like 4

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Why isn't var being used in the championship 

If VAR was in the Champ I think it probably downgrades that to a yellow.

But now it's been given, the authorities back it and it won't be rescinded imo.

Now way they rubber stamp players being allowed to chuck balls at heads, even if the pace is zero. 

• Like 2