BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

People have said Dack is playing well, and he is getting much of the ball, but he's had a host of opportunities to produce the killer pass but nothing so far. A younger Dack would have created 2-3 goals with those chances. Hopefully fortunes turn in the second half...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I can’t see it. We’ve threatened far more, if we lose this then it’s a huge fuck up. 

We aren’t going to score. No urgency, no flair, no shots on goal and no one looking like they want one. Best we can hope for is 0-0,but I see us hading on to them. 

• Like 4

Not a bad half.

Positives:

Less fannying around at the back.

More direct balls when needed.

Dacks played very well.

Hedges busy and making things happen.

Garrett has played well bar the silly booking.

BBD looking better than previous weeks.

Negatives:

Not enough creativity or urgency.

Not based on today solely but wing backs need upgrading.

Gally been poor.

• Like 4

Think we've managed to play a better game despite the pitch, better than Cardiff at least. Should be playing against 10-men, but that's EFL referees for you.

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

People have said Dack is playing well, and he is getting much of the ball, but he's had a host of opportunities to produce the killer pass but nothing so far. A younger Dack would have created 2-3 goals with those chances. Hopefully fortunes turn in the second half...

Agree actually but he has been involved and maybe the expectations are lower but it's encouraging imo. If I'd give anymore an allowance it's him, even from a humane point of view.

We need to get 3 points here. Home match against a bottom 5 team, we simply need to win if we have any hope of clinging onto a playoff spot.

Wharton on for mystery man Morton who I’m yet to see a forward pass from. Plays a beautiful 10 yarder sideways under no pressure though. 
Chuck on Markanday for Gallagher too - can’t do much worse. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Boos at half time.....

For the referee wasn’t it?

A frustrating half against a poor team but I’ve seen a lot worse.

Gallagher continues to disappoint and that Cardiff player should be done for assault, sending off too lenient.

Desperately need a goal scorer. 

Looks like the first draw of the season.

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

It's like he has no plan.  He just sends them out hoping for the best 

The plan looks explicitly clear to me… we retain possession and move the ball around, targeting long balls and 1v1s with their right back Ng. Dack is doubling up on our left wing to try and bring their right centre back out of position.

Hedges has clearly been told to bring their left back (who looks good - O’Dowd?) inside to create space for JRC on the right wing. 

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’ve only watched about 10 min, but we show very little intent to take the ball forward, and promptly give it away on the rare occasions we do. 

Jdt tactics, baffling. We’re a mess. 

Don't think we are that bad tbh. Some poor decision making in the final 3rd mostly. Look suspect in transition especially when they give the ball away deep. Thought we moved it out from the back well in the first 30 mins or so. Last 10 it's gone a bit sluggish. I thought booed off at half time was a bit harsh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Ref is an absolute clown 

That can't detract from how pedestrian and lacking we are. We've been awful and predictable. Can't see how the players are buying into this style at all. It's going to be a long season if we continue playing a system that the players don't fit into.

• Like 1