BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Oh agree to disagree - he's clearly desperate to bring players in "every window is a chance to improve your team and you shouldn't waste that". 

Agree to semi disagree...I think that's fair so maybe a combination but something tells me if we think we need 6 new players he thinks we need 3.

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

For me if we had a decent central striker we will have won this game. As it is all six of our forwards who have dont want to get in the box... Need to find someone who can physically compete in the air and on the floor, and is all about goals.

We'd have been 2-0 at half time against Boro too. 

17 minutes ago, booth said:

Yep, let's disregard the top scorer being out. Who'd miss that?

We have a shit squad and we're lucky to be where we are. It won't change till Venkys put their hands in their pockets and Gregg Broughton stops the talk and delivers.

not disregarding  the factor of  Brereton being out , just saying it wouldn't have made much difference today given his recent performances.. .the way the team has played other than a canary team in the doldrums  and even then we rode our luck in parts in both matches ... rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat

Agree with you on the 2nd part  but that ain't going to happen , and even if we did manage  to get anybody in, I have no confidence this manager would be able to  change things - the whole mannerism of our performances is just samey samey /rinse and repeat( and boring even in victory)

Edited by CAPT KAYOS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Oh you are doing your thing...sorry I actually thought the first time was a civil question. Go on then I'll bite and you bank it ok so we can play your little game...I get you are asking in an ironic manner like I have been posting "JDT out" and now it's funny to ask if I want him out...sorry to disappoint but I didn't but don't let that spoil your fun.

Go on ask again.....you're a funny guy.

Bit of a rant that, it was just a straightforward questions. You called JDT  a 'conman' and said you weren't being emotional so I assumed you wanted him out. It's a strange thing to stay about someone otherwise.  

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

A decent manager could get this squad playing Better than this I’m sorry but it’s so true. 
They look like a manager less team. Absolutely no plan. The passing around at the back makes me sick, the slow football, it goes against everything that winning games is about 

Nah, no matter who manages Rovers they'll always have a set of tw@ts to deal with from above.

VENKYS OUT!

• Like 4

Totally unacceptable performance. Gilt-edge opportunities first half should’ve had Rotherham at least two down, even with the sliced effort from their right winger.

They’ve essentially scored three wonder goals as a normally abject side. They’ve had three games’ luck in one. We’ve missed three near-enough nailed-on goals. Those are fine margins for execution and if each go the other way, we’re 3-0 up at half time and coasting.

The concerning bits here: Gallagher was a shambles, looked like he was coming back from a long lay-off. Hedges looks to have slipped back a gear after a promising start to the season. Morton is guaranteed a game when he makes too many small errors that cost us and he can’t seem to be dislodged. Needs time out and to earn his spot back. Buckley and Travis have been dropped for the same. Slight concern with JRC, as he’s had a poor game. Don’t want him slipping back.

JDT at least responded to going 2 down, but it’s concerning that he and his tactical genius Remy aren’t able to look at opponents and see the opportunities. Markanday has caused all sorts of problems, how can they not see players that provide more within their own squad?

We should all be livid with this (4-0 now) but I’m not shouting for change at the top just yet.

• Like 4

How many times this season have we been beaten by more than 2?

I said back in about October the jury was out for me on JDT, I’ve seen enough now. I watch every game and it’s getting a joke. 

The fact we go a goal behind and can’t do anything to comeback ever, lack of right, we should be playing quick football instead of passing it around the back 4. We have high possession but it’s only the bloody back 4 touching the ball

• Like 2