BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

3 minutes ago, CAPT KAYOS said:

7m or 7 days , its the manner of the performances more than anything  - we appear to getting worse rather than improving, was it jdt who said we would be a different team after the wc break .. 

He's not going to say "same old shit squad" "more of the same" is he?

Of course they'll get worse, why would you think they'd get better after what we've witnessed before? We did the same last season, and the season before that but we keep spending less money season after season.

If they don't invest in this window we'll plummet. If he manages to keep the team in the top half without decent investment then JDT's a genius.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Tbf considering we've not seen much of Brittain either thanks to injuries we probably should wait to judge his transfer as well? Feels like most positive judgement on Brittain comes from a couple of decent games at the start of the season and a good reputation from before he joined us. 

Hardly dubious quality though.

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Hardly dubious quality though.

Hasnt left much impression on me but I have seen Keith Newton , Henning Berg , Kevin Hird and Chris Price play right back for the Rovers ...

Talking of right backs , we could do with another  Mark Atkins in midfield ...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Who would you like to see succeed him and what would you like to see as long term strategy to improve the health/prospects of the football club?

As i pointed out the same was said about Mowbray but now a novice in English football has us 3rd.

So who i want is totally irrelevant and a change needn't and doesn't alter the longer term strategy of the club. In case nobody noticed we now have a DoF and that is his job, JDT is a head coach and they are far more dispensible and easier replaced than a manager.

One thing i would have liked was a clear out of the backroom staff because we have the same routines as we did going back to when Bowyer was here.  You cannot rebuild or redirect anything properly hanging onto old habits that have never delivered anything.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You're not the manager though. You can't be seen laughing on the bench at 2-0 down looking like you haven't got a care in the world. It looks like him and Remy don't give a shit. 

We're a little stepping stone on JDT's managerial career,he'll be off the moment a better offer comes along

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As i pointed out the same was said about Mowbray but now a novice in English football has us 3rd.

So who i want is totally irrelevant and a change needn't and doesn't alter the longer term strategy of the club. In case nobody noticed we now have a DoF and that is his job, JDT is a head coach and they are far more dispensible and easier replaced than a manager.

One thing i would have liked was a clear out of the backroom staff because we have the same routines as we did going back to when Bowyer was here.  You cannot rebuild or redirect anything properly hanging onto old habits that have never delivered anything.

Well if it’s that easy I look forward to the imminent appointment of a man that can take us straight up with a patchy young squad, mid table budget (at best), and batshit owners.

See you then!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, booth said:

He's not going to say "same old shit squad" "more of the same" is he?

Of course they'll get worse, why would you think they'd get better after what we've witnessed before? We did the same last season, and the season before that but we keep spending less money season after season.

If they don't invest in this window we'll plummet. If he manages to keep the team in the top half without decent investment then JDT's a genius.

his words though about after the wc ...the way this league is at the moment, doesnt seem to be that difficult as we have seen - don't see Luton as having had big investment,,,😉

That today is tough to take and watch, my concerns are JDT has no Plan B, he constantly sticks with the same style and even when putting on 2 quick smaller wider players. Shocking is an understatement. There is no fight in that team and it’s shown with all of the heavy defeats. Seeing JDT laughing on the bench when it was 2-0 is a massive kick in the balls to the fans.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

And sacking the manager after that would’ve been a good idea in your book?

Not yet as I don’t think you can do that until he has had a full window. But that defeat has told me that we are not heading in the right direction. We’ve been sussed out now and he currently has no answer. He’s stubborn and unable to adapt to situations (hence the stat of never equalising when going behind). 

I’m not seeing a whole lot of positives from him at the moment other than early season form which had us riding high in a bad season. We are 7 points behind where we were after 27 games last season, and we would have been 8th last year on this points total. 

I predict we will meander to about 10th this season. We will lose Brereton, have a window which is average, play the same way next year but as his gameplan has been sussed we will be bottom half by Christmas. 

Im slowly calming down after that earlier.

• Like 1

Just now, CAPT KAYOS said:

his words though about after the wc ...the way this league is at the moment, doesnt seem to be that difficult as we have seen - don't see Luton as having had big investment,,,😉

And QPR, Birmingham, West Brom.

I'm not quite sure why so many people think we'll do well without a single decent striker at the club.

Who said big investment? We just need a decent amount of shrewd investment. I'd say Luton have done that. Luton signed a striker which is more than we've done in about 3 years.

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

I predict we will meander to about 10th this season. We will lose Brereton, have a window which is average, play the same way next year but as his gameplan has been sussed we will be bottom half by Christmas.

Is tenth not a good return all things considered?

And if we continue to have average transfer windows (I'd argue the Summer window was below average as it's left us with Hyam), we lose Brereton for nothing and we're bottom by next Christmas whose fault is that? Can any manager work under such circumstances?

If things continue the way they are JDT won't be here next season.

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well if it’s that easy I look forward to the imminent appointment of a man that can take us straight up with a patchy young squad, mid table budget (at best), and batshit owners.

See you then!

Yet again nobody mentioned promotion and it's bizarre you keep bringing it up. JDT has told you it's a project and Broughton has told you it's about increasing squad value.

There is simply no getting away from the fact that for at least the tenth time this season so far that was abject clueless rubbish that once that first goal went in was only going to end one way.

Despite league position there have been far more red flags this season than green shoots, another 12 months of this project and i'm seriously worrying.

• Like 2

I think that Waggot has to take huge blame regarding this team and it’s performances. He took about 10 times longer than any other ceo to appoint a manager and would still be deciding if Broughton hadn’t come in to force his hand. Absolute amateur hour. 
The consequence of such dilly dallying was that there was insufficient time to assess the squad and decide who to bring in, resulting in very poor decisions. 
He also allowed the recruitment team to be depleted and not replaced quickly enough so that the new management team were left ill prepared to make the informed recruitment decisions needed. 
JDT meanwhile refuses to acknowledge that his style of play does not suit the scant squad at his disposal. By now he should be up to speed as the requirements needed to be successful in the EFL, but apparently not. Unfortunately I can only see any recruitment in this window as exasperating the situation. He needs to wise up, and quickly otherwise we will go into a TM style death spiral very soon. It will be deja vu again. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yet again nobody mentioned promotion and it's bizarre you keep bringing it up. JDT has told you it's a project and Broughton has told you it's about increasing squad value.

There is simply no getting away from the fact that for at least the tenth time this season so far that was abject clueless rubbish that once that first goal went in was only going to end one way.

Despite league position there have been far more red flags this season than green shoots, another 12 months of this project and i'm seriously worrying.

Another 12 months is a different story. 

With all of the issues with the club though,  if “nobody is mentioning promotion” what does sacking the manager actually achieve?

You genuinely believe you can predict he’ll take us down next season and it’s all his fault?

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

The 3rd may well be 8th soon enough (though I don’t see death spirals with this bloke, we’ll pick up wins on a fairly regular basis largely because we are very solid once in the lead), but once in 8th do we then sack the manager months into the job? Why, is that a sackable offence with this budget and set up?

And why would he be sacked anyway as that team with a load of ‘development’ players (be they ours or other club’s) is exactly what ‘the club’ wants to see on the pitch...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Or... Staff who don't believe in what JDT is doing. I really do wonder if that seeps through to the players.

That Remmy fella look like Venus mk2 sat starring into space all game whatever is happening.  

When the camera cuts on them at 2 0r 3 nil down all slumped there whilst Tomasson seems to be having a laugh and a joke i'm not sure it sends a good message to anyone.

You are judged more as a leader with what you do and say in difficult times and every time we start losing there is nothing comes from that dugout.  Flat track bullies, get a goal up and suddenly everyone becomes involved, go one behind and nobody takes it by the balls on or off the pitch.

Worst thing is nobody looks like they want to, are capable of doing or even gives a shit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Ah well, at least we can look forward to signing the stellar names on Gregg the egg's z list.

Desperate for a striker and moving with all the pace of a snail with M.E.

Edited by booth

It's a very strange club, we were third and the manager said (paraphrasing, forgive me if I'm wrong here) promotion is not the objective.

Coming out with shit like that (even if it is true) and having a craic on the bench as we take a spanking off of Rotherham. I mean it is a bad message, and it must be following down to the players.

• Like 1

Smiling on the bench is unprofessional & very poor. Ok he apologises on behalf of team for a bad performance but that means nothing. At 2 0 down he should have been shouting at the players with four official holding hime back for leaving technical area. We should be hearing about angry demands from manager behind a locked dressing room because in second half not one player put a shift in. 

• Like 3