BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

we also have to take into account the fact that JDT does seem to think that we care ready for promotion. 

I don't care if he thinks we are ready or not. I've had enough of 5 year projects. Football isn't like that anyway---you see your chance and you take it.

I'm reminded often on here that we are third. Does that not mean anything? 

Have a decent January window and kick on I say.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Rotheram have won just 1 of their last 12 league games, with 8 losses and 3 draws. They have also just received a 4-1 tanking from Ipswich in the cup.

If we are genuine promotion candidates, then we should have no issue capitalising on their awful form. I'm sure they will be hungry for a result, but realistically their squad just isn't quite 'Championship standard' IMO.

In theory, we should given them a hiding - but in typical Rovers fashion, we'll probably make this wayyy harder for ourselves than it should be.

That being said, i'm going to predict a nervy 1-0 win 

If we don't get 3pts Saturday, were staying in the Championship. It wont be easy there fighting for survival at the moment, but if we play like we know we can we should get the job done.

9 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't care if he thinks we are ready or not. I've had enough of 5 year projects. Football isn't like that anyway---you see your chance and you take it.

Third, but the chasing pack are getting closer. We need to go on an unbeaten run and cement our place in the top 6.

9 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If we don't get 3pts Saturday, were staying in the Championship. It wont be easy there fighting for survival at the moment, but if we play like we know we can we should get the job done.

Nothing will be decided on Saturday, but I do get your drift.

On 10/01/2023 at 08:17, jim mk2 said:

You have to win these sort of games if you’ve got any pretensions of making the playoffs. Anything other than victory will be a disappointment 

Rotherham 1 Rovers 2 

Don't go, Jim. Please, for the sake of the club and us all on here, do not even think of going.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 47er said:

Agreed.

Weasel words....work in progress, journey,,building for the future, young team........prohjekt..

I think that we need to look at the function of these phrases, which may appear ok in isolation...

But just look at our league positions, since they dismantled the club and took us down. Then, compare that information to the days before JW....

As Bob might say, "I don't believe you!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.169b364bc9a9748dd2c059705adb6b86.png

Probably not one for the neutral!

One of my lads rubbishes the X-G thing, but it is congruent with everything I have seen this year....So many defeats and no-shows and so many of our victories, where we have sat back and scraped through..." But we are third in the table and in the 4th round FFS.!"..Hahahaha,,,

16 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

One of my lads rubbishes the X-G thing, but it is congruent with everything I have seen this year....So many defeats and no-shows and so many of our victories, where we have sat back and scraped through..." But we are third in the table and in the 4th round FFS.!"..Hahahaha,,,

Don't really know much about xg but the stat above is our actual average shots per game 

13 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If we get 3 points on Saturday, we’re staying in the championship. No way is this squad of players good enough to go up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Butty said:

If we get 3 points on Saturday, we’re staying in the championship. No way is this squad of players good enough to go up. 

I don’t think this gets mentioned enough. We’ve overachieved to get to where we are in the table and it’s an indictment on the league that we can lose so many games and still be third. 

It’s been a bizarre season and it would be incredible if we could keep it up, but I’d be very (pleasantly) surprised if we finished top 6.

Last year felt like we’d earned the right to say we were in the mix. This feels like a complete fluke.

• Like 2

Sadly I think this will be another 'unexpected' reverse for Rovers, with a return to the gnashing of teeth and negativity amongst fans about JDT's pedigree that characterised the board after the Dingledome and Nobbers capitulations.

I would be very pleased to be proven wrong, but it seems too obvious, looking at the pattern this season.

Millers 2 Rovers 1 (Rovers 3 shots at goal)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rotherham have signed Leeds United defender Leo Hjelde on loan

Nothing to worry about for me. A LCB who covers LB, fairly slow, quite broad shouldered. He's a League One player for me at this stage