BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Different times but they rang my dad at work when his kids were born and he went to the hospital after work to see them. He had a responsible job while Ben kicks a ball about for a living.

Missing today's game..... really? 

Sorry your dad missed your birth.

Don't blame Ben.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 7

Just now, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Their best player in the reverse fixture at Ewood, by a country mile.

Oh for a Mick Rathbone in our side eh? And a Noel Brotherston, Glenn Keeley, Derek Fazackerley - oops! I'm showing my age and vintage 🙂 At least we have a 'Sir Roger Jones' between the sticks!

Noel was my first proper hero at Rovers, after a brief flirtation with Andy Crawford!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Different times but they rang my dad at work when his kids were born and he went to the hospital after work to see them. He had a responsible job while Ben kicks a ball about for a living.

Missing today's game..... really? 

Not this again. This happens every time someone has a kid. It’s 2023, there’s not a chance I’d miss my child being born for work. People need to stop projecting their deeply ingrained love of Rovers onto players who are paid to do a job.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Family always come first and right so. We don't live the dark ages Jim anymore. 

Wouldn't you want to be there for the birth of your own children? 

Don't talk crap. He can't kick a ball around for 90 minutes then get a private car or plane back to wheel he lives?

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Noel was my first proper hero at Rovers, after a brief flirtation with Andy Crawford!

Yes, Andy Crawford - my first encounter with a player who smoked his own exhaust and began to believe he was bigger than the team he played for.... and that ended well for him, eh?!! I remember Noel gliding imperiously over a snowy Nottingham Forest pitch in the cup in the 70s, and thinking he was a footballing god!

Players were heroes back then! Very different to today's crowd, although BBD has assumed a kind of retro-cult status amongst the Chilean faithful 🙂 I guess things aren't that dissimilar though, in that Rovers never used to field a team of 11 cult heroes in the 70s, and there are always players now and then that just catch the imagination and the eye! Football! Viva Football!! (especially today, when it is likely to be cloggers vs shufflers on a quagmire)

COYB! 

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
Fat, round, and tucked up next to a radiator with my favourite stream and VPN ;)

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Most of those players have played all season. We're 3rd. Look up 'realist'. 

Its lacking in quality in the final third. Gallagher Vale are both awful. The midfield lacks any physicality.  Back 5 is pretty good but we are relying on two players to turn up. Dack, Hedges. Yes we're third based on this league being bang average to downright dreadful.  I want success and I want jdt to succeed but we need at least 3 or 4 players in this window 

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Its lacking in quality in the final third. Gallagher Vale are both awful. The midfield lacks any physicality.  Back 5 is pretty good but we are relying on two players to turn up. Dack, Hedges. Yes we're third based on this league being bang average to downright dreadful.  I want success and I want jdt to succeed but we need at least 3 or 4 players in this window 

I will complain when/if we lose. For now, I think we’ve got a fairly good opportunity to get the W. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What an awful lineup

Good team. glad to see you talking Rovers down again. 

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Don't talk crap. He can't kick a ball around for 90 minutes then get a private car or plane back to wheel he lives?

Like I said Family always come first and should do. Its only a game of Football and has @J*Bposted what is going on with the his missus so I would suggested maybe consider everything first before making out a game of football should be priority over family. Really? such old attitudes from people on here. 

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Going to be so much fun watching Vale and Gallagher run around like headless chickens whilst doing the sum total of naff all. Morton and garrett in midfield weak as piss. Everything rests on dack doing something special or maybe hedges

Most of that team has played this season and why we are third. Glad to see you are your positive self again. 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

I'm not negative.  REALIST.  When rovers play well or a certain player does well i am the first to pat them on the back. No one was happier than me when jdt was appointed 

I think we've already established you're not a realist. And the highlighted bit is hilarious. 

But I'll leave it there so I'm not sucked into your tedious and negative view of all things Rovers. It's fucking boring to read.