BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Rotherham haven't won a game for over two months, so they're due one. 🙄

On Sky. Good away following. Some expectations of a win. The signs aren't good!

The pattern of defeat for me has been a home team and crowd that has been up for it. If they are, they'll beat us. If not, we'll beat them.

Rotherham 2 - 0 Rovers

Blackburn Rovers…helping teams to recover form since 1875…😆

6A1D11B0-26AD-4DB4-B982-FD592ED00BF4.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Blackburn Rovers…helping teams to recover form since 1875…😆

6A1D11B0-26AD-4DB4-B982-FD592ED00BF4.jpeg

And just look at the points our playoff rivals have pulled back on us over just 6 games.

Yet, in the logic of some, ours will not be anywhere near a must win game.

And so it goes on.

Meanwhile just hope that we accrue points this month as harder times are likely coming.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JoeH said:

I think Ash needs to take some more responsibility on with the ball. He's extremely young and I get it, but he doesn't take any risks and given we'll be up against a side who will sit in a compact shape and defend - we have to play out with some confidence. Hayden is much more comfortable carrying the ball out and playing forward, much less afraid of making mistakes - which I think probably suits this one.

Before the cup game at Norwich I would have agreed but I saw a couple of occasions there where he moved forward into midfield with the ball, something he hadn't done before. Pretty much everything he does is safe, understandable given his age and position he plays.

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Having Dolan and Markanday on the bench is two decent enough options to bring on, Dolan is always good to bring on when looking to see a game out due to his work-rate. I can see another 1-0 away win tomorrow, we’ll go in front and see it out, Dack to bag. 

That is one weak central midfield though, highlights the fact we need more of a physical presence in there but I still think we should have enough to beat a hopeless Rotherham side. Nothings ever that easy following Rovers though 😂

We have different options on the bench today. 

Morton and Garrett suits each other games and bring in very different qualities to Rovers

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

What channel is it on? Going to try finding a pub that will play 1 screen of that over the Manchester derby. 

Sky Sports Football channel

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

What channel is it on? Going to try finding a pub that will play 1 screen of that over the Manchester derby. 

Sky Sports Football & Main Event. We've a battle over the TV in our house as the Missus & son are Utd fans & I can only get BT on the main TV downstairs. Looks like me & my daughter will be banished the bedroom! 😆

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Sky Sports Football & Main Event. We've a battle over the TV in our house as the Missus & son are Utd fans & I can only get BT on the main TV downstairs. Looks like me & my daughter will be banished the bedroom! 😆

How’s that happened? 😫

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Easily solved

Wife and son banished to the garden shed until they see the error of their ways

• Like 6

Different times but they rang my dad at work when his kids were born and he went to the hospital after work to see them. He had a responsible job while Ben kicks a ball about for a living.

Missing today's game..... really? 

• Like 5

Other than Dack, it is difficult to see who in that lineup is going to create goal scoring opportunities. Of course there is always the possibility that Gally and Vale might strike up some kind of partnership, and Hedges has the ability to go past players (and finish) I suppose. Trepidation awaits, to see which Rovers turns up 😮

COYB! Out of the traps quickly today please, and assert yourselves, rather than getting bullied in the wet and cold...

Rotherham gone back four which is a huge change for them. Hjelde starts on loan from Leeds, alongside Morrison. Two brand new CB's starting together screams mistakes. They're both fairly physical but lack speed, perhaps the slowest CB duo in the division for me.

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.77fb92c90581881288a7a07be6a894e0.png

Basil's son is playing for them. 

Their best player in the reverse fixture at Ewood, by a country mile.

Oh for a Mick Rathbone in our side eh? And a Noel Brotherston, Glenn Keeley, Derek Fazackerley - oops! I'm showing my age and vintage 🙂 At least we have a 'Sir Roger Jones' between the sticks!

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Different times but they rang my dad at work when his kids were born and he went to the hospital after work to see them. He had a responsible job while Ben kicks a ball about for a living.

Missing today's game..... really? 

Family always come first and right so. We don't live the dark ages Jim anymore. 

Wouldn't you want to be there for the birth of your own children? 

• Like 4