BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

On 12/01/2023 at 07:26, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t think this gets mentioned enough. We’ve overachieved to get to where we are in the table and it’s an indictment on the league that we can lose so many games and still be third. 

It’s been a bizarre season and it would be incredible if we could keep it up, but I’d be very (pleasantly) surprised if we finished top 6.

Last year felt like we’d earned the right to say we were in the mix. This feels like a complete fluke.

Agree to disagree.

Last year was Brereton-Diaz converting chances at a ridiculous, unsustainable, rate. 

46 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree.

Last year was Brereton-Diaz converting chances at a ridiculous, unsustainable, rate. 

at the same stage both seasons:

last season: Diaz 20 goals, everyone else 23 goals

this season: Diaz 9 goals, everyone else 21 goals.

The whole team were better

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

On 10/01/2023 at 08:19, M_B said:

Massive game to set the tone for the rest of the season. Being the early game, a win would not only give us a 6 point gap over the next 3 teams, it would also close the gap to Sheff Utd to 6 points, then sit back and see what happens. 

Have to win this one. 

Rovers seem to go to pieces when you mention massive game, lets just play it as the next fixture.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

Based on the team news from JDT, my team would be

Kaminski

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Morton Garrett

Hedges    Dack    BBD

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Phillips, Edun, Travis, Dolan, Vale, Markanday

I would not risk Ayala for this game 

• Like 2

In the desert of decent away fixtures of late Rotherham probably by far the most attractive even at an early kick off. Take out the Norwich treks, Sunderland early kick off, Dingle hassle and Coventry midweek you've to go right back to October to find a Saturday away game, reasonably priced and not a complete pain to do.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope Ayala is fit, but if not, surely Phillips starts over Carter based on last week.

I think Ash needs to take some more responsibility on with the ball. He's extremely young and I get it, but he doesn't take any risks and given we'll be up against a side who will sit in a compact shape and defend - we have to play out with some confidence. Hayden is much more comfortable carrying the ball out and playing forward, much less afraid of making mistakes - which I think probably suits this one.

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think Ash needs to take some more responsibility on with the ball. He's extremely young and I get it, but he doesn't take any risks and given we'll be up against a side who will sit in a compact shape and defend - we have to play out with some confidence. Hayden is much more comfortable carrying the ball out and playing forward, much less afraid of making mistakes - which I think probably suits this one.

Is Carter comfortable on the ball? Quite cumbersome and clumsy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on the team news from JDT, my team would be

Kaminski

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Morton Garrett

Hedges    Dack    BBD

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Phillips, Edun, Travis, Dolan, Vale, Markanday

I would not risk Ayala for this game 

Having Dolan and Markanday on the bench is two decent enough options to bring on, Dolan is always good to bring on when looking to see a game out due to his work-rate. I can see another 1-0 away win tomorrow, we’ll go in front and see it out, Dack to bag. 

That is one weak central midfield though, highlights the fact we need more of a physical presence in there but I still think we should have enough to beat a hopeless Rotherham side. Nothings ever that easy following Rovers though 😂

Good following, I'd be going myself but got too much on tomorrow sadly, always a decent away day.

I mean we should be winning this, and there's gonna be people out there thinking it'll be an easy game......Something you can't really ignore though is that as things stand we've lost more games than Rotherham. They'll certainly up for it based on that fact alone.

Alas, 1 nil away win.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 09:15, RoversTilliDie said:

Third, but the chasing pack are getting closer. We need to go on an unbeaten run and cement our place in the top 6.

Will it help us that there are 2 other teams in the play-off zone (Middlesbrough & Millwall); and 2 just below the play-off zone (Luton & WBA) playing 6-pointer games later today?

It's crucial that we go for smashing Rotherham today and the teams to come in future weeks so that other teams' results are irrelevant.

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

Can't see anything other than a loss.

Rotherham haven't won a game for over two months, so they're due one. 🙄

On Sky. Good away following. Some expectations of a win. The signs aren't good!

The pattern of defeat for me has been a home team and crowd that has been up for it. If they are, they'll beat us. If not, we'll beat them.

Rotherham 2 - 0 Rovers

• Like 1