BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Some new signings as well apparently.

Tomasson said they had six new players.

I know my post about the Rovers playing staff perhaps being galvanised by off the field events is disagreeable, but I think back to when we played Coventry away. It was right in the middle of a critical point with their stadium, and they came out all guns blazing (both players and supporters) to beat us comfortably. Although I suggested we could do the same, I don't hold much hope that we will.

I have a bad feeling about this one.

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We have, allegedly, for several seasons been looking to sign new strikers.

That is for a reason.

The ones we have are not considered, by our recruitment team, DoF and manager, good enough for the Championship, at least currently.

Until we learn how to press "send" on a laptop we will have to play the cards we have, even if they are all Jokers.

As long as the jokers are wild we will be alright.

If I'm too look for positives (and that's not to discount the mess of deadline day) then Dack being back to his best is like having a new player. Sorba offers something different, Jrc has been performing well. Buckley is back from suspension too. Once Hyam is back the squad will be looking a little less stretched. 

I do think one of our big losses is Brereton being bang out of form. I do think we've the quality in the squad to pick up wins, though my gut says we'll fall short. If Brereton and Dack were both firing with Sorba offering a different kind of threat then I see potential for us. Hopefully this starts with a good victory tonight and we can have a good second half of the season. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Bottom of the league at home on Sky, pressure on,  only one way this game goes.  Another embarrassing defeat 

If it was away i would definitely agree, i think we're a bit better at home though.

Can see a scrappy 1-0 similar to the Cardiff game.

7 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

If I'm too look for positives (and that's not to discount the mess of deadline day) then Dack being back to his best is like having a new player. Sorba offers something different, Jrc has been performing well. Buckley is back from suspension too. Once Hyam is back the squad will be looking a little less stretched. 

I do think one of our big losses is Brereton being bang out of form. I do think we've the quality in the squad to pick up wins, though my gut says we'll fall short. If Brereton and Dack were both firing with Sorba offering a different kind of threat then I see potential for us. Hopefully this starts with a good victory tonight and we can have a good second half of the season. 

Win lose or draw I want to see us put in a real performance. No strolling players. Do that and we’ll be alright.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

When will Brittain be back ?

32 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Bottom of the league at home on Sky, pressure on,  only one way this game goes.  Another embarrassing defeat 

Agree. Bottom of the league or not, if Wigan want it more than us (which they usually do), they'll win. 

• Like 1

I will be there to support JDT and the players sporting Blackburn Rovers shirts, the off-field shit show is not their fault and now really is the time to get behind them. However, I travel in hope and with little expectation, as over the years this is the type of game that we almost always fail to deliver.

• Like 3

All a bit hostile on the forum recently and completely understandable. Hoping for a win and actually think we will get it. A defeat and no show will tip alot of people over the edge given the week we have experienced. 

Should be excited at the prospect of having a top new midfielder on show, getting 3 points, potential to get back into the playoff spots and kicking on the rest of the season. In classic rovers fashion we now face the possibility of the board fcking up the transfer, losing to the bottom of the league team and being outside of the playoffs and dropping.

The ultimate head fcuk.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

For me, Brereton best game for us came in the 3-1 win over Sheffield United last season he played up top on his own, ran Basham and Egan ragged. Khadra and poveda were on the wings. Would be worth throwing him up top, hedges right and Thomas left.

Agree with that, but I’d switch the wingers round. Get them on their good feet and get some balls into the box.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

For me, Brereton best game for us came in the 3-1 win over Sheffield United last season he played up top on his own, ran Basham and Egan ragged. Khadra and poveda were on the wings. Would be worth throwing him up top, hedges right and Thomas left.

Well... whenever I've seen him play his linking up round the box etc back to goal has been minimal. And he's always looked most dangerous cutting in or running from 30 yards out on the break. But saying that we've just signed a lad who can play left wide forward (Thomas), got Hedges and Dolan who are decent wide right. So we may as well give him crack! Can't be any worse than Gallagher or Vale.

• Like 2