BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer, it was only a few months ago when you had massive concerns over JDT so what change you mind and are you willing to admit that you were wrong about him whilst others including myself were right about JDT and him being the right head coach for this club?

We have just NOT suddenly gelled!

As my post  within the last hour, think it's a combination of some tactical changes in how we play and personnel changes some of which have been forced upon JDT - sometimes fate lends a helping hand!

Clearly, JDT is learning and showing some flexibility which is key.

Time will tell if he is the 'Messiah' but certainly, I'm feeling far more confident about JDT than I was 2 to 3 months ago.

As for you being right Chaddy, you eulogised about Mowbray almost to the bitter end and stuck with and defended Hirst to the end so your track record about 'being right' isn't as good as you like to think.

Anyhow hope you've had a bet on us tonight, got a few beers in and got your feet up.  My wine is already uncorked and I look forward to yet more winnings from the bookies after tonight's win!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Your aGs don’t exactly look too clever either to be fair 😉

Looks like you’re improving though, both statistically and from what you guys have said here. You’re in a great position.

I thought you might say that but 1 aG a game works wonders when you're banging out loads of clean sheets (as we are at the minute)!

Anyhow, good luck for the season starting after tonight....

• Like 1

I’m very nervous with this one. After the recent displays we get to thinking we’ll win every game. We won’t obviously, but this season just feels different. Is this particular bubble going to burst? God I hope not.

• Like 2

delighted with unchanged team and I think we win this 2 nil. 

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We have just suddenly gelled!

As my post  within the last hour, think it's a combination of some tactical changes in how we play and personnel changes some of which have been forced upon JDT - sometimes fate is a helping hand!

Clearly, JDT is learning and showing some flexibility which is key.

Time will tell if he is the 'Messiah' but certainly, I'm feeling more more confident about JDT than I was 2 to 3 months ago.

Some of us were saying give JDT time to learn about the team and you will see a better Rovers team overall in a few months time. 

As for you being right Chaddy, you eulogised about Mowbray almost to the bitter end and stuck with and defended Hirst to the end so your track record about 'being right' isn't as good as you like to think 

My views on JDT was clear and currently look like I was right doesn't it?

Anyhow hope you've had a bet on us tonight, got a few beers in and got your feet up.  My wine is already uncorked and I look forward to yet more winnings from the bookies after tonight's win!

no beers for me. I am in work after the Rovers game finishes. 

Only one I'd have considered is Brittain at LB, I really like him there and I reckon his right-footedness off the left actually helps us play out through the middle.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Only one I'd have considered is Brittain at LB, I really like him there and I reckon his right-footedness off the left actually helps us play out through the middle.

No way you can drop Pickering after last few games though. Strong performances capped off with a goal.

• Like 1

Well, I think this team selection will satisfy 80% of fans, which is all we can ask for.

Think we are 50/50 in terms of Pickering v Brittain. Both playing well. I agree that Brittain is one of the best full-backs in the division, and will be our 1st choice going forward, but Harry deserves his place after Saturday. 

This game is the unstoppable force v the immovable object, although Stoke are still well and truly in the midst of their inconsistent period, whereas we have entered a spell of impressive consistency. 

That should mean we win or draw, and a win would cement our belief that we are heading to Wembley twice. 

Oops, that slipped out.

COYB!!!!!!!

Edited by garnersfags

4 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I just hope after all this praise recently that we don’t fall back into our old ways.

Come on you blues!

One thing is for sure: we will drop points between now and the end of the season.

But when we do, it's important that we don't panic or overreact.

• Like 1