BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke keeper Sarkic is out injured for this game

Yeh they've recalled a keeper from Southend because of it. Seems premature to me as they have two other keepers apparently. Believe you can't normally end a loan outside of a transfer window, presumably it's ok either because they're non league or some sort of special rule for emergency goalkeeping requirements. I can't imagine he's the best of the three backups if he was off on loan at Southend, and until Sarkic signed in Jan, another guy was their main keeper. The recalled guy is likely to just sit the bench at best for a few months and Southend will be short their keeper.

On 08/03/2023 at 10:52, Crozzy said:

On 08/03/2023 at 10:52, Crozzy said:

Think it’s worth noting that Pears had a shocker against Wigan but if every keeper let a performance like that break them then there probably wouldn’t be any keepers left. We’ve all seen every top keeper have a game like that, it happens. 

For sure - look how many clangers De Gea and Lloris make and they continue to be selected... 

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh they've recalled a keeper from Southend because of it. Seems premature to me as they have two other keepers apparently. Believe you can't normally end a loan outside of a transfer window, presumably it's ok either because they're non league or some sort of special rule for emergency goalkeeping requirements. I can't imagine he's the best of the three backups if he was off on loan at Southend, and until Sarkic signed in Jan, another guy was their main keeper. The recalled guy is likely to just sit the bench at best for a few months and Southend will be short their keeper.

I think that there is provision to recall keepers.

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bit more snow that I expected overnight, would be a disaster if this gets called off now.

Hull last season screwed us right over 😢 

If postponed and we win at Bramall Lane, we are are looking at a Saturday Tuesday Thursday Monday last nine days of the season. 

Rovers should already be in a hotel close to the stadium and ground covering heating working but can approaches and the stadium itself be made safe for spectators?

If you ask me its completely safe, as a nation we have it drummed into us that its unsafe to drive in snow though. Its the incompetent drivers that are the unsafe thing. Judging by the fact I'm the only person in the gym this morning it looks like I'm in a minority though 😵💫

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If you ask me its completely safe, as a nation we have it drummed into us that its unsafe to drive in snow though. Its the incompetent drivers that are the unsafe thing. Judging by the fact I'm the only person in the gym this morning it looks like I'm in a minority though 😵💫

Couldn’t agree more with you there, people don’t know how to cope with it and also the highways agency don’t know how to cope with it and keep the roads passable. I believe most countries in Europe know how to keep going through snow 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Very optimistic fans considering they’ve been shite all season apart from giving a hiding to a TM side in the midst of a death cycle…

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/307913/stoke-city-blackburn-rovers

It is a fairly obscure site to be fair, so you might expect some skewed views. However they do make some fair points, most tellingly about their bafflement by what Alex Neil says, compared to what actually happens on the pitch.

I still think it is a challenging fixture, and our guard doesn't have to drop too far for us to need to banish the remaining hoodoo of coming from behind in a game. Hopefully JDT has got the team resonating with a clear sense of purpose, and we have seen how our more recent resilience combines with a sharp streak of creative flair, which makes us dangerous opposition.

I'd take a draw. I'd love a great performance. I'd be delighted, naturally, with a win.

Game on! COYB!

On 08/03/2023 at 11:28, chaddyrovers said:

I agree there. They are awful. 

It's been predicting snow all day where I live yet to get anything of significant. A couple of drops at best. 

No snow over here in Texas!! I’ll tell ya that!! 🤠

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

When it snows "oop North" people still drive (or always used to when I lived there). In Cornwall, a slight frost and the county comes to a standstill as nobody has much experience of driving in snow.

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I totally agree there Dave. Roads was less busier on the way home from Preston to Clayton Le Moors than normal. Just drive sensible and careful as you should be anyway

3 hours ago, Crozzy said:

It is forecast to be a sunny afternoon with 3-4 degrees down in Stoke so hopefully it’s melts the snow. 

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

No snow over here in Texas!! I’ll tell ya that!! 🤠

Wouldn't expect so there