BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23

The strange phenomenon of Sky having a Friday night Championship game on every week, but *never* being us is finally broken (even more strange considering we seem to be on Sky every other week each season).

Still haven’t had one at Ewood for 9 years though… 

Edited by Mattyblue

If Blackburn rovers play like Liverpool yesterday, there in with a chance of 3 pts. Like you say there one of the form teams at the moment and Rovers need to be at 100%. It was a solid performance against Sheffield united the Blackburn end were rocking.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

I don't think anyone is saying we should be scared of Stoke. Given our form we need to be going there with a plan to make sure we come away with three points. 

I do think the opposition in Stokes recent upturn in form has been fairly weak, however the apprehension some posters are having is because they are conscious Stoke will be no pushovers. We will have to go there prepared for a battle and given the tight margins of many of our victories, you always need that little bit of luck.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Over the last 6 games (we're 3rd)

Over the last 10 they are 13th (we're 4th)

So whichever way you dress it up, we're the form team out of the 2 teams.

Of course but it's not as if we're playing Huddersfield or Blackpool, Stoke clearly have some quality and confidence about them.

20 minutes ago, booth said:

Of course but it's not as if we're playing Huddersfield or Blackpool, Stoke clearly have some quality and confidence about them.

Go with the right attitude and we’ll be alright. Go there thinking it’s going to be easy and we’ll come unstuck. Games are only easy when you’ve made them easy. We were great against our last two opponents but - we scored first in both games.

Our recent wins are much more credible than theirs, we're clearly the more in-form side here. Teams will not be wanting to play us at the moment.

Stoke away always sounds daunting, it's a fixture i'm usually not too confident about... but with the way we're performing lately, I just can't see us slowing down anytime soon. We're defensively solid and creating way more chances.

They had a solid win at the weekend, but I think we bring them back down a peg on Friday and give them a good hiding.

3-0 to the Rovers! Gallagher to score and a brace for Dolan.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

This is complete football manager talk but given theyve lost their star centre back, midfield is relatively lightweight in the saints lad and naff with pearson and their forward line is on paper strong I'd be packing midfield and cutting off supply 

Wild card for me.  Szmodocs for gally, jrc into midfield and Britain right back.  Play in their half and dominate the ball

We're now at the point where we are most dangerous, to ourselves. Confidence is sky high, some really good results and now going into a game where the majority of fans are expecting a win, and in some cases, by a handsome margin.

In the past this is exactly the sort of fixture that will trip us up/bring us back to earth etc. 

I'm quietly confident we can get a win here but the nagging feeling we'll come a cropper isn't going away.

• Like 2

Same team that started at the weekend, no reason why it shouldn’t be. 

The back 5 really are looking a solid unit, Travis is performing much better and the quartet of Thomas, Szmodics, Dolan and Gally look a real threat.

Come on you blues!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

we could do with an Andy Crawford type player to score form a few chances

I have a feeling in the back of my mind, that BBD may turn out to be another Andy Crawford. I sincerely hope not and hope he gets back to what he was up to the festive break.

• Like 1

Will be travelling down with two ‘stokies’ (father in law to be being one of them). Really really hope we win or else I’ll never hear the end of the on the way home. They always seem to do well against us so I’m hoping to tables have turned and we take the 3 points home 

• Like 1

Banana skin written all over this. Remember folks, this division practically anyone can beat anyone. Granted we are on a decent run, but we have no right to be complacent, or arrogant and I am sure we would be treated to the cold wet slap of reality if we were.

Stoke is never an easy place to go, and we will need to ride our luck if we want to come away with anything. I hope we can work on improving our goal difference, but to be honest I'd take a draw right now. 

11 cup ffinals plus a real Cup Quarter final to go. Everything to play for - who would have thought that, mid January??!

COYB!

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

We're now at the point where we are most dangerous, to ourselves. Confidence is sky high, some really good results and now going into a game where the majority of fans are expecting a win, and in some cases, by a handsome margin.

In the past this is exactly the sort of fixture that will trip us up/bring us back to earth etc

I'm quietly confident we can get a win here but the nagging feeling we'll come a cropper isn't going away.

I agree with you, there, @davulsukur  I hate the Bet365 Stadium marginally less than the I used to hate the Victoria Ground.

They're a funny - in the sense of "awkward" - team, too! Although they're down in 16th place at present, I think they could well be one of those stumbling blocks who we'll do well to beat. And, as I think they'll be on a 'high' after last weekend, I think we'll have to be on the top of our game to come home with the three  points to make a statement to the other teams who play later over the weekend.

Who knows, we might have to hope that Mr. Lemon-Drizzlecake's got his lads psyched up to beat Norwich on Sunday!

I'd sooner be going to Stoke or another one of those middle of the road clubs (Birmingham, Bristol, Swansea) who are safe but not getting play-offs than I would to Blackpool Huddersfield, Wigan, Rotherham right now who are in the last chance saloon for survival.

I think we are made of stronger stuff these days under JDT whereas under Mowbray this would be a classic collapse after a few good results. Nevertheless we will drop points and lose sooner or later and they will be bouncing after their big win but hopefully they continue to be plagued with the inconsistency they have had all season. 

• Like 2

Hard to argue with just starting the same team. Think Brereton will be getting a bit nervous and trying hard to get back in the team. Nice to have three options from the bench in BBD, Brittain and Hedges who can come on and offer first team quality when needed.

Also interesting Morton didn't get on the pitch at all against Sheffield Utd... think that was the first time this season in the league? Don't think he's a bad player, but do prefer Buckley in there. Adam Wharton also getting back to fitness.... Looking strong for the run in.

• Like 1