BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The minute you start to think you have cracked it in this league something will bite you on the backside.

More concerned about these than playing sheffield utd again.

This game has developed into my "burnley" in recent years as I only live 12 miles away from there and everyone around me supports them.

Stoke 1 Rovers 0

I was onto my toe nails in the Sheffield United game. I think we need to remember that we haven't exactly been smashing teams, but we've found a belief from somewhere to dig in. The Rotherham defeat was only a month and a half ago, and I'm still wary that we can do that again. Hopefully it's just nerves. Come on, Rovers...

• Like 1

Yes Stoke are starting to get some form, but they are still 16th for a reason.Overall, this season has not been one of huge success for them.Gayle and the other attackers they have will bode problems for our back line, but I am confident we will go into this one and get a result due to the confidence we have throughout the camp right now.

Yes a draw would not be the end of the world in the grand scheme of things, but see no reason we can't get the win.

2-1 Rovers Dolan and Travis.

• Like 1

Yet another tough one but we have great resolve in this team although at some point you'd expect a bit of fatigue to creep in given the intensity recently.

That's the beauty of having a young squad though they'll run through brick walls when the confidence is up.

As usual we really need to score first to get something.

Stoke   1     Rovers   1

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stoke are in a strange situation where they have 7 loanees and you can only put 5 in a squad. They have Sarkic in net, both Sterling and Hoever as full backs, Pearson and Smallbone who are both important midfielders and Tuanzebe and Celina, both January recruits.

For a league that’s full of loanees, we really have reduced our reliance on them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Yet another tough one but we have great resolve in this team although at some point you'd expect a bit of fatigue to creep in given the intensity recently.

That's the beauty of having a young squad though they'll run through brick walls when the confidence is up.

I was amazed that some of our players were still flying across the pitch in the last ten minutes.

Maybe fitness levels are better now.

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23 - k.o. 8pm
51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stoke are in a strange situation where they have 7 loanees and you can only put 5 in a squad. They have Sarkic in net, both Sterling and Hoever as full backs, Pearson and Smallbone who are both important midfielders and Tuanzebe and Celina, both January recruits.

Thanks for sharing that cos I didn't know this. 

I don't know why Clubs do it. 

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought that also but there’s an old saying in football “ You never get tired when you’re winning “.

Man Utd might disagree, but yes agreed TS.

• Like 1

Watched the extended highlights of the Stoke 5-1 demolition of Sunderland yesterday at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland were so woeful defensively that all I learnt was if we give Stoke enough gifts, they will hit 5 against us.

Not entirely true because the first Stoke goal was an extremely sweet three man move passing move down the right touch line which we need to be alert to.

Sunderland did carve the Stoke defence open a few times in addition to the unmarked inside 6 yard box goal they did score with. 

Expecting a good game and for our run of decent results at the Britannia/Bet 365/not the Victoria to continue. Should get a draw and with the squad playing so well, we could squeeze out a win.

7 hours ago, goozburger said:

I get nervous when Rovers fans get confident. 😬

I get that, and I get its on sky etc too.

You have certainly got to fancy the pace we can attack at against Phil Jagielka though he's bleeding 40! 

We will need Travis to be on his game though like he has been lately, he needs to out-shithouse Pearson in this one.

• Like 2

If we can't believe in the team at the moment it's a poor do.

We aren't conceeding many. Our away form is much improved. We are on a great run. Players are developing and performing. The team is improving. Its not far to travel. We'll have a good away following. Our injuries are clearing up. Players are holding down their positions. The squad is getting playing time. Their is an excellent team spirit.We are not only managing expectations, but exceeding them. We are getting better.

We have just beat Sheff United. With that result, if I was in charge, I'd be thinking top two, not top six. I'd be challenging one and all to win at Stoke to further that aim. 

We aren't conceding many! Hard to lose when they struggle to score.

Stoke 1 - Rovers 2. COYB.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

If we can't believe in the team at the moment it's a poor do.

We aren't conceeding many. Our away form is much improved. We are on a great run. Players are developing and performing. The team is improving. Its not far to travel. We'll have a good away following. Our injuries are clearing up. Players are holding down their positions. The squad is getting playing time. Their is an excellent team spirit.We are not only managing expectations, but exceeding them. We are getting better.

We have just beat Sheff United. With that result, if I was in charge, I'd be thinking top two, not top six. I'd be challenging one and all to win at Stoke to further that aim. 

We aren't conceding many! Hard to lose when they struggle to score.

Stoke 1 - Rovers 2. COYB.

I agree with all of that. It’s great to have a recognisable team shape and a coherent and successful way of getting the ball from our end to their end. It’s about time but it’s great to see.

The only fly in the ointment is we have to make a lot of chances to score a goal. When you watch the finishing in yesterdays Liverpool game you see what big money brings you in terms of goalscoring. It put me in mind of that Rovers v Forest 7-0 years ago. I think we had 8 shots on goal and 7 went in !