BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

Very enjoyable reading as per usual. We have such a fascinating range of posters! 

Tickets on general sale now, with reasonable prices and the week still to I think we'll sell pretty much all of them. Start of a make or break month. Considering the other fixtures, a win on sat and we've one foot in the playoffs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

What do you drive Chaddy? Appreciate this topic has gone wildly off on a tangent but I see no issues.

Sponsors should appreciate this debate.

Peugeot 308 diesel. Does around 75 mpg. More if a long motorway journey. 

I deffo won't be getting Hyundai i10 if you need to fill up every week after 200 miles journey 

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Peugeot 308 diesel. Does around 75 mpg. More if a long motorway journey. 

I deffo won't be getting Hyundai i10 if you need to fill up every week after 200 miles journey 

Tbf, your car has 50-odd litres of fuel, whereas the hyundai only has about 35L, so ofc it needs filling up more.

Getting 70+ MPG is great going btw.

Ignoring fuel economics, I'll be getting a train. Don't drive and wouldn't choose to drive anyway, as part of the away day appeal to me is finding a new pub and making a day of it. Plus, living in Cardiff I wouldn't have the luxury of lift sharing.

I can't wait for this one. It's one we really need to be winning - I'd love a win to banish just a few of the demons from Bramall Lane.

I'll be getting my ticket tomorrow on payday - others might be the same. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mike it does cost £25 a week. If it costing you 50 pounds to travel to Preston in that car I suggested getting something more better fuel economy better. 

I am happy to DM my car report which will show you that I am spending 25 pounds a week on Diesel 

Chaddy are you actually driving to Brum on Saturday ?

14 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I've got a 2ltr diesel and don't have to pay the clean air charge,  only city I would have to is London.....

for those interested..

https://multiple-vehiclecheck-pay.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/what_would_you_like_to_do

we have the caz in bristol too and my 56plate petrol is fine. 

getting back on to the main point... whos up for a pre match beer on Saturday?

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

One of the more weirder tangents taken 

75mpg is mythical levels of economy - must be touching 55mph all journey; no radio, lights, air con and everybody must lean forward 

The Flintstone, don’t use any petrol and if you go by horse, a few carrots and a bit of hay sorts it. 

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Tbf, your car has 50-odd litres of fuel, whereas the hyundai only has about 35L, so ofc it needs filling up more.

Getting 70+ MPG is great going btw.

Tank is 50 litres. 

It's great for fuel economy and very low maintenance in 8 years now. No major work needed on it in that time

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

75 MPG?! Christ almighty, i'd be lucky to get around 40 in my Qashqai ☹️

Blimey that's bad Rev

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

Ignoring fuel economics, I'll be getting a train. Don't drive and wouldn't choose to drive anyway, as part of the away day appeal to me is finding a new pub and making a day of it. Plus, living in Cardiff I wouldn't have the luxury of lift sharing.

I can't wait for this one. It's one we really need to be winning - I'd love a win to banish just a few of the demons from Bramall Lane.

I'll be getting my ticket tomorrow on payday - others might be the same. 

I hope you have enjoyable day and Rovers win. 

I accepted and understand that some people want to drink and enjoy their local pubs or restaurants. 

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

Has this turned into the HonestJohn website ?

My motor is a 1.6 diesel SUV and easily does 45 mpg around town and 60/70 mpg on the motorway without a lead foot.

You can shove your electric scalextric cars where the sun doesn't shine !

Totally agree with the last bit. Not a fan of Electric cars cos in most housing areas there is no space for charging points. Its struggled to get Parked outside your own house at the best of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

One of the more weirder tangents taken 

75mpg is mythical levels of economy - must be touching 55mph all journey; no radio, lights, air con and everybody must lean forward 

Around 60 mph when I driving to work. Motorway clear. Barely any traffic. 

75 mpg isn't a myth actually.https://www.whatcar.com/peugeot/308/hatchback/used-review/n850/ownership-costs 

some podcast/Spotify from my phone. Can't stand most radio channels now. Far too much nonsense talk and far too many adverts for. 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He'd need one after that!

No pies thanks. Overpriced and poor quality 

Edited by chaddyrovers

On tonights show, we will be seeing if a 9 year old Peugot 308 2L diesel can out perform a New Hyuandia i10 on the road to Birmingham. On the greatest car show...in the WOOOORLD!!!!!!

James May will be doing something that makes him appear boring 

The little one will be injuring himself doing something Stupid.

Then the three of us willl be racially abusing some minority and then saying "it was just a joke"

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do (music by the shadows)

4 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

On tonights show, we will be seeing if a 9 year old Peugot 308 2L diesel can out perform a New Hyuandia i10 on the road to Birmingham. On the greatest car show...in the WOOOORLD!!!!!!

James May will be doing something that makes him appear boring 

The little one will be injuring himself doing something Stupid.

Then the three of us willl be racially abusing some minority and then saying "it was just a joke"

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do (music by the shadows)

Maybe Chaddy has “ The Stig “ driving it for him ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

He drives me up the wall.

What you and him get up to in your spare time is your business, this is a car MPG message board if you wouldn't mind keeping it on topic.