BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

14 hours ago, alcd said:

According to BBC website, Hyam is not in the squad to face Spain onTuesday. Bad sign? 

You had me worried for a moment there but I think it's a typo. The squad i can see on the BBC website has been updated to show Che Adams has dropped out so it is the most recent update. But the still have Jack Hendry in there and he's the player Hyam was called up to replace. Panic over. (Unless you've seen something else that I've not)

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m thinking of going by canoe. Can anybody tell me which canal to take ?

A bit dodgy when you get down there though, Zulus in the back alleys and Peaky Blinders on the cut !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m thinking of going by canoe. Can anybody tell me which canal to take ?

Presuming that you leave from Blackburn lock you would be better coming off at Bordesley on the Digbeth Branch Canal for St Andrews.

If you have a maximum speed of 5mph, and optimistically presuming every lock will take you 5 minutes, it takes you almost 39h to do the 147.5miles.

However your mpg will be through the roof !!

0m 0h 0m  Start from Leeds and Liverpool canal at 'Blackburn Lk (54)'
20.1m 6h 41m  After 20.4 Miles and 34 locks , turn at the junction at 'Junct. Leigh Br.' onto Leigh Br (Bridgewater)
36.5m 10h 8m  After 16.4 Miles and 2 locks , turn at the junction at 'Water Meeting J. B'water' onto Bridgewater canal
56.5m 14h 8m  After 20 Miles, turn at the junction at 'Preston Brook J. T & M' onto Trent and Mersey canal
122.1m 32h 10m  After 65.6 Miles and 59 locks , turn at the junction at 'Fradley J. Coventry' onto Coventry canal
132.9m 34h 20m  After 10.8 Miles, turn at the junction at 'Fazeley J. B & F' onto Bham and Fazeley canal
144.5m 37h 49m  After 11.6 Miles and 14 locks , turn at the junction at 'Salford J. Saltley' onto Saltley Br (BCN)
147.5m 38h 50m  After 3 Miles and 5 locks , arrive at 'Bordesley J. Saltley' on Digbeth Br (G U)
Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Presuming that you leave from Blackburn lock you would be better coming off at Bordesley on the Digbeth Branch Canal for St Andrews.

If you have a maximum speed of 5mph, and optimistically presuming every lock will take you 5 minutes, it takes you almost 39h to do the 147.5miles.

However your mpg will be through the roof !!

0m 0h 0m  Start from Leeds and Liverpool canal at 'Blackburn Lk (54)'
20.1m 6h 41m  After 20.4 Miles and 34 locks , turn at the junction at 'Junct. Leigh Br.' onto Leigh Br (Bridgewater)
36.5m 10h 8m  After 16.4 Miles and 2 locks , turn at the junction at 'Water Meeting J. B'water' onto Bridgewater canal
56.5m 14h 8m  After 20 Miles, turn at the junction at 'Preston Brook J. T & M' onto Trent and Mersey canal
122.1m 32h 10m  After 65.6 Miles and 59 locks , turn at the junction at 'Fradley J. Coventry' onto Coventry canal
132.9m 34h 20m  After 10.8 Miles, turn at the junction at 'Fazeley J. B & F' onto Bham and Fazeley canal
144.5m 37h 49m  After 11.6 Miles and 14 locks , turn at the junction at 'Salford J. Saltley' onto Saltley Br (BCN)
147.5m 38h 50m  After 3 Miles and 5 locks , arrive at 'Bordesley J. Saltley' on Digbeth Br (G U)

Too much time on your hands.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blow-in said:

On tonights show, we will be seeing if a 9 year old Peugot 308 2L diesel can out perform a New Hyuandia i10 on the road to Birmingham. On the greatest car show...in the WOOOORLD!!!!!!

James May will be doing something that makes him appear boring 

The little one will be injuring himself doing something Stupid.

Then the three of us willl be racially abusing some minority and then saying "it was just a joke"

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do (music by the shadows)

Those that know me, know I can't let that one lie - it's Jessica by the Allman Brothers btw. 😉 

(Unless of course this is a one off "day trip to Birmingham" special with it's own theme song)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Those that know me, know I can't let that one lie - it's Jessica by the Allman Brothers btw. 😉 

(Unless of course this is a one off "day trip to Birmingham" special with it's own theme song)

I would love to say yeah just a Birmingham trip song. But nope you got me, 40 years thinking that was a song by the Shadows.

Well, every day is a school day.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 12:53, roversfan99 said:

What meaningless and provocative nonsense, especially amidst a cost of living crisis.

A message board is there for debate and opinion. If that's not for you then you're in the wrong place.

I take it the cost of living crisis had a day off when we played at Sheffield?

23 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

A message board is there for debate and opinion. If that's not for you then you're in the wrong place.

No but coaches were subsidised and people who cannot attend every away game are always likely to cherry pick games they would prefer to go to, that doesn't need to be spun into outrage. I presume you have attended every away game this season which is fine, fair play if so.

Sadly you arent on your own with such rubbish. Twitter is full of people spouting similar drivel, often teenagers living with their parents with minimal outgoings on cheaper tickets and with no responsibilities.

Do I deserve a play off chasing team in your eyes? I was in Sheffield, the only other away games that I have done this season were the local ones, Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan. I have a season ticket but I took one look at the trains for Birmingham and decided against it. I will probably do 2 more away games including Preston but would struggle to afford any more, even they are a push at the moment.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ben-2000 said:

@roversfan99has already beat me to it, but maybe the cost of living crisis is meaning people have to pick and choose what games they go to rather than doing every game like some people seem to think they can.
And therefore why wouldn’t they choose an Fa Cup quarter final instead of Birmingham away again for the second time this year.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sadly you arent on your own with such rubbish. Twitter is full of people spouting similar drivel, often teenagers living with their parents with minimal outgoings on cheaper tickets and with no responsibilities.

Yeah I’ve clocked a few. Interesting to see where they are Saturday. They shouldn’t be constantly tweeting during the game.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2