BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

8 hours ago, BigBar said:

Gentleman. 

If we win he can join me again, if not, banished from the family and disowned forever.

Hope you haven't implemented this punishment, @BigBar. 😉

From what I've read over the last 17 pages, NObody here's blaming your boy. Did he get a useful little gift in the Club shop?

Edited by R0verb0y
Tidying up the post.

I had a feeling on the 1st of February that Broughtons nativity in the transfer market would cost us and I honestly believe with a striker and O’brien we’d be closer to 2nd than 7th! 

I can’t see us having the consistency needed to get over the line! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

I had a feeling on the 1st of February that Broughtons nativity in the transfer market would cost us and I honestly believe with a striker and O’brien we’d be closer to 2nd than 7th! 

I can’t see us having the consistency needed to get over the line! 

Exactly.  Not going for a striker is beyond negligence.  Every man and his dog could see Gallagher wasn't up to it from the beginning.  Relying on Diaz to keep up his form all season was complete ineptitude 

• Like 2

Performance today was unacceptable. Ok it happens but 6th with a minus GD isn't normal. It's almost as if JDT was experimenting even though we had better options on bench. We are that close to playoffs but he appears to "develop the team" as a priority when he should be getting us over the line.

Playing well and losing is part of the game but today is hard to swallow. 

Hope dingles have been out celebrating night before we play them.

• Like 2

Glad to be away at the weekend and enjoying some Irish hospitality than having to endure today. To judge from the comments on here, and if we continue in this slump and looking at the remaining games we might not get another point this season. 

28 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Performance today was unacceptable. Ok it happens but 6th with a minus GD isn't normal. It's almost as if JDT was experimenting even though we had better options on bench. We are that close to playoffs but he appears to "develop the team" as a priority when he should be getting us over the line.

Roll back 12 months and we had the same mentality.

Some absolutely terrible performances today, most noticeably Carter, Hyam, Gallagher, Hedges, Brereton, Morton and the manager. Other observations are Rankin-Costello is painfully slow, as is Pickering. Brittain would have been a better choice at right back with Norwich having a decent amount of pace.

We had the players to change it today but the manager clearly has an issue with some and isn't brave enough with his changes or the timing of them.

2 subs could have been made at half time and 5 minutes after the break it was clear the performance wasn't going to change but it takes either a second goal or 70 minutes+ for one to be made, and by then it's always less likely to have an impact or the game's already gone.

A few players knew they were having a bad day; Hedges, Carter, Morton all fortunate to stay on for the second half and one very fortunate to start...

So lets talk about him, Tyler Morton... He's been costing us points since the season began, is soft in the air and soft in the tackle, doesn't sprint, doesn't want the ball, is loose with his passing and influences more goals against than for.

I also feel the need to call out Brereton who's not putting the kind of shift in he was at the start of the season. Morton needs to drop out of the team immediately and Brereton needs to sort his sh*t out, if those two things happen and Adam Wharton steps up, we might have a chance. Gallagher feels like a lost cause.

The first XI needs a shake up... I'd bring in Kaminski, Brittain and Adam Wharton for Huddersfield with JRC, Pears and Morton dropping to the bench.

We don't have enough to go up through the play-offs, thanks to another Venky failed January transfer window but we can't miss out on a spot to Preston either way. Time to get it right this summer, sell Gallagher, lose Brereton, Dack and Ayala, and bring in 5 or 6 new faces.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Stays on his line and seldom intercepts balls behind the defense. Other than that overall ability I rate Kaminski over him.

Not just me that thought had he been on his toes today, he could have dealt with the through ball for first goal?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Developing players is his remit. Not promotion. 

48 minutes ago, Songman said:

Not just me that thought had he been on his toes today, he could have dealt with the through ball for first goal?

He could at least have moved towards the advancing players and ball. He didn't move outside of the 6 yard box and left a much bigger target to shoot at.

On the second goal, fired in from quite an angle, he actually dived way under the shot and if he'd stayed on his feet and just made himself bigger, arms outstretched, would have had a better go at getting something on the ball.

Both shots were well hit though.

Norwich have posted a 7 minute free vid on YouTube which shows most of our chances too and covers their goals in detail.

8 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Hope you haven't implemented this punishment, @BigBar. 😉

From what I've read over the last 17 pages, NObody here's blaming your boy. Did he get a useful little gift in the Club shop?

He is currently chained to Turf Moor wearing only his jocks. 

Yeah he got, what I consider, a very impressive little pack. Was a junior rovers backpack with nice goodies inside. He was chuffed. He enjoyed the whole experience and regardless of the result wants to come back. Gonna win some, gonna lose some. Today was always gonna be a risky game, rather those type of games then a nothing game as the atmosphere pre match is what it's all about 👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He could at least have moved towards the advancing players and ball. He didn't move outside of the 6 yard box and left a much bigger target to shoot at.

On the second goal, fired in from quite an angle, he actually dived way under the shot and if he'd stayed on his feet and just made himself bigger, arms outstretched, would have had a better go at getting something on the ball.

Norwich have posted a 7 minute free vid on YouTube which shows most of our chances too and covers their goals in detail.

He made a good save and had little, indeed no chance with either goal. Hyam should have got a tackle in for the second goal but he dawdled and had an absolutely awful game yesterday, all over the place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yeah in real time I thought had he been better positioned he would have beat the striker to the ball 

• Like 1

I ultimately struggle to dig the players out too much, they needed help in January and we are reaping the pain of the calamitous transfer window. Yesterday was an awful day, poor performances all around but we know the squad well, the options ultimately aren't there.

We simply do not possess the goal scoring options of most clubs in the top half. Brereton had a 2 season blast, Gallagher has never been a consistent scorer, Dack has been injured for nearly 3 years. We had to address this problem in January, we didn't and we all deep down knew this was going to happen. It hurts like hell but I'm not willing to say they aren't trying, they need help. I painfully feel we are going to flop over the line now, scoring less than a goal a game in the remaining fixtures!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Rovers don’t turn up and Burnley get promoted. Good Friday indeed 🤮.

Such a classic Rovers thing to do.

Always the same, biggest home turn out of the season, bank holiday, top 6, great weather, tell everyone what a good team we are this season in the hope more come down. Club tries for once to drum up support and makes it a bit cheaper and what do they deliver ? 

That stinking pile of cowardly crap because that's what it is lack of bottle and it starts in the dugout.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Glad to be away at the weekend and enjoying some Irish hospitality than having to endure today. To judge from the comments on here, and if we continue in this slump and looking at the remaining games we might not get another point this season. 

We can’t be blaming you for this no show Jim, that’s for sure. Enjoy the Emerald Isle and a few pints of the black stuff ☘️ 

• Like 1

I haven't read anything on the thread post game so apologies if anything I say has already been said:

Was as bad as it gets.

Reminded me of the Wigan game in January. Monday is going to be as hard as nails and Huddersfield will have a big crowd and be pumped. Dolan must start for his energy and obviously we will be without Thomas which makes it even more odd why he didn't start yesterday. 

The only positive for me from yesterday is that it's obvious Adam Wharton must start on Monday. He was a cut above when he came on and his movement and vision started to make things happen.

Pears also out. He was awful for the opening goal opting to stay on his line and make it so easy for Gibbs to open his body and find the top corner.