BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

Agreed, he's still just a kid. Scott Wharton, although a lot taller was pretty lean at Adams age. He was all limbs and has really filled out. 

I don't think Adam necessarily needs to bulk up. He'll grow into his body naturally. He'd not long turned 18 at the start of the season. There is a reason players on average start breaking into the first team aged around 20/21. Adam is only in there because he's unbelievably talented. The physical side will come with age.

• Like 4

Just read his interview in the Lancs Live (Here) and it was good to hear the real reasons of why he wasn't in the squad until recently, directly from him.

Injuries combined with having to work on certain areas of his game, as opposed to the weird conspiracy theories about falling out with JDT. Sounds like he's grateful of the development work he's been subject to this season, and feels he's a better player for it.

We'd have all liked to see him more this season and I've said plenty of times that the 'fallout' stuff was a load of guff, but hopefully he stays first choice in that midfield for the rest of the season now.

• Like 6

I didn’t go in for any of those daft rumours, the XBox was one the best… but he’s not exactly going to come out to the media going ‘yeah me and the gaffer had a right barney’, is he? 

They may never have had a crossed word, or something may have gone on, who knows, there will be kick offs at every training ground in the country every week, but most of it never gets the light of day.

23 hours ago, roverandout said:

Wouldn't surprise me If morton put a word in klopp's ear in the summer. Liverpool want a much cheaper option to Bellingham, if Liverpool came in with a 40-50 million pound offer I'm sure venkys would consider it. I wouldn't sell him for 100 million personally.  He's priceless 

Liverpool are after McAlister from Brighton for around 60 million and Bayern's Gravenberch for 25 million. 

The interview sounds to me like he is maturing fast. It's easy to forget he is 18, when I was that age I wouldn't listen to advice from my peers. Hopefully Adam is now heeding the advice and we get the polished diamond we all know he can be.

• Like 4

On 16/04/2023 at 16:22, chaddyrovers said:

Adam needs to stay here and play for his club and keep develop. 

He will play less at Palace so what's the point in moving there? 

Very true. Morton won't be here next season. If we don't go up this season, Wharton will know that he'll be the one to have a proper breakthrough season as a mainstay in midfield next season. You don't sign a five year contract if you want to be off a few months later.

Wharton has been primed this season, and he'll have known that was the plan. A real talent that I hope can mature and be a big player for us next season (or at the end of this season would do!).

• Like 4

Adam’s talents have been firmly showcased now, after some excellent games live on TV.

The big worry for me would be losing him in the summer. It would take big money and if a premier league club does come in, then we need to do our best to secure a loan back, as part of the deal,

It would be ironic, if it was Liverpool and our annual loan next season, was non other. 

• Like 1

I don’t think he hit the heights that he did in previous performances, but he was still class in patches. He has a style of play on the ball that typically you would see in Spain, or South America - and from someone more senior. 

A big development area for me is his confidence in the final third - which I’m sure will come with time. He gets into great positions and I find myself either thinking, run at them, or pull the trigger, but he’ll always play passes into those ahead of him (no bad thing at all, if mixed up IMO). 

We certainly have the most naturally talented player on our books for at least the past decade. It’s exciting to see how he’ll progress next season.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20230423-084205.png

Personally don't think it makes sense to sell him yet. What would he command now, maybe £10m at a guess?

In another year or two he could be nearer £30m. I understand that academy is there to produce and sell on players for profit but we can't afford to give them away either.

Same with Phillips, etc

• Like 1

He can do better than the killers of Yemeni women and children and owned by a clear and present danger to western democracy through their funding of their hope of authoritarian rule in the US and hence into western civilisation.

Scumbag club, scumbag owners, scumbag fans.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lraC said:

The big worry for me would be losing him in the summer. It would take big money and if a premier league club does come in, then we need to do our best to secure a loan back, as part of the deal,

Eh? If a Premier League  club comes in for Adam we should be happy with a loan in return?

If we get big money for him  surely then we should be buying quality?

No way we will sell him in summer. Give him a full season next year, up his price tag and see where we’re at? He loves the club, you see him & his brothers passion falling to the ground when we conceded yesterday.
I’m sure A Wharton will want to push his boyhood club to the prem before moving away.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

On 20/04/2023 at 21:14, roverandout said:

Wouldn't surprise me If morton put a word in klopp's ear in the summer. Liverpool want a much cheaper option to Bellingham, if Liverpool came in with a 40-50 million pound offer I'm sure venkys would consider it. I wouldn't sell him for 100 million personally.  He's priceless 

Brilliant idea from Morton.

Here Jurgen, go and sign this lad from Blackburn, he’s better than me so he’ll take my spot in the squad. Yeah, right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Eh? If a Premier League  club comes in for Adam we should be happy with a loan in return?

If we get big money for him  surely then we should be buying quality?

I didn’t say don’t use the money, simply to lose Wharton totally would be very sad. A Blackburn lad who supports the club and is as talented as he is, should at least have a couple of seasons with us to enjoy him. 

I think you may have understood me, I meant loan Adam back if we end up having to sell him.

Edited by lraC
Add info

Just now, lraC said:

I didn’t say don’t use the money, simply to lose Wharton totally would be very sad. A Blackburn lad who supports the club and is as talented as he is, should at least have a couple of seasons with us to enjoy him. 

It would be horrible to lose Adam Wharton so soon in his career.. Phil Jones all over again. Wharton IMO isn't as far ahead in his development as Jones at this stage and would benefit from another season at least with Rovers. If we somehow win promotion this year it will be another incentive for him stay.

If he does move, from a playing point of view IMO he should avoid a "big" club where he is likely at first to spend alot of time sitting on the bench. But in the end money will talk. 

• Like 1