BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I was told the total fee is capped at 22M. Whether the additional 4M comes from individual success, club successes, international achievement or sell on fee doesn’t really matter. 

If that is correct, SW should be sacked for gross incompetence!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

From the bloke who knows his dad: "He wanted to go to a European (competition) club, but was in no rush to get there". 

There is more than one poster on here knows his Dad/family.

The lad did not want to go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J*B said:

I was told the total fee is capped at 22M. Whether the additional 4M comes from individual success, club successes, international achievement or sell on fee doesn’t really matter. 

I'm sorry but that can't be right. You're saying if he sold for (not remotely realistic I know) 300 million, we would still only get another 4 million? I've never heard of such a sell on clause, and even Waggott can't be incompetent enough to have concocted or agreed to such a thing.

• Like 2

Why are Bayern offering £60m?

Rovers hierarchy who have known the lad since he was a kid said he was only worth £18m. I mean, Wharton didn’t ask for a move and was happy to stay but it was simple to our soddin’ maestros - we were happy to take £18m because I assume they didn’t think they’d get more.

Clueless tossers.

(I mean we aren’t  skint or anything because Waggott keeps telling us the finances are being looked after and the owners will continue funding). 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry but that can't be right. You're saying if he sold for (not remotely realistic I know) 300 million, we would still only get another 4 million? I've never heard of such a sell on clause, and even Waggott can't be incompetent enough to have concocted or agreed to such a thing.

I’m sorry too but you can’t be sure that the Maggot has negotiated a proper sell on clause that should involve a percentage of any future transfer fee. That would be the situation anywhere else with a competent CEO which Waggot has proved is not the case.
Of course he will be able to shift the blame for a bungled AW transfer onto the departed Broughton.
I’m not necessarily saying you are wrong, we will have to wait and see, but I won’t be holding my breath for a big payout. 

17 minutes ago, den said:

Why are Bayern offering £60m?

Rovers hierarchy who have known the lad since he was a kid said he was only worth £18m. I mean, Wharton didn’t ask for a move and was happy to stay but it was simple to our soddin’ maestros - we were happy to take £18m because I assume they didn’t think they’d get more.

Clueless tossers.

(I mean we aren’t  skint or anything because Waggott keeps telling us the finances are being looked after and the owners will continue funding). 

Bayern have seen how well he has played at PL level for mid table table and that why. Why didn't Bayern him when he was playing for us? why didn't they bid? do you we got more for him? 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bayern have seen how well he has played at PL level for mid table table and that why. Why didn't Bayern him when he was playing for us? why didn't they bid? do you we got more for him? 

You missed the angry sarcasm in my post Chaddy.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No one seems to know at the minute if there is a % sell on clause. Hopefully there is. I think most Rovers fans were pretty confident he would star in the prem, so hopefully the club did too and will at least make some more out of the deal, if he does end up going for almost 3 times what we sold him for, in a matter of weeks. 

Edited by lraC

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, lraC said:

No one seems to know at the minute if there is a % sell on clause. Hopefully there is. I think most Rovers fans were pretty confident he would star in the prem, do hopefully the club did too and will at least make some more out of the deal, if he does end up going for almost 3 times what we sold him for, in a matter of weeks. 

Mike Graham has confirmed that in his post today on the sell on clause being 15% on profit. So if he moves for £60m(£42m profit) we will get around £6m. 

Yes we were surely he would be premiership player and I'm surely plenty of scouts were 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I don’t know who Mike Graham is but he certainly seems to be in the know. Before I believe everything he posts, can someone fill me in with how he knows so much, then I won’t put silly contradictory posts. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mike Graham has confirmed that in his post today on the sell on clause being 15% on profit. So if he moves for £60m(£42m profit) we will get around £6m. 

Yes we were surely he would be premiership player and I'm surely plenty of scouts were 

So our academy player (from 6 years old) will be playing for Bayern Munich after leaving us 6 months earlier, and across our overall package, we will have received £1m less than the Alex Scott fee…….and you think we got a good deal?

I know you toe the line, and incorrect on almost every opinion you’ve ever held but that’s still impressive. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

So our academy player (from 6 years old) will be playing for Bayern Munich after leaving us 6 months earlier, and across the our overall package, we will have received £1m less than the Alex Scott fee…….and you think we got a good deal?

I know you toe the line, and incorrect on almost every opinion you’ve ever held but that’s still impressive. 

I think the other thing to home on here, is Palace would make £36m and we would make £24m. If I was the boss of the person who made the decision to sell at that price with that add on, I think I would be pretty peeved.

This mistake has cost almost as much as the owners paid for the club. 

7 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I don’t know who Mike Graham is but he certainly seems to be in the know. Before I believe everything he posts, can someone fill me in with how he knows so much, then I won’t put silly contradictory posts. 

Over to Mike I think. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

If that is correct, SW should be sacked for gross incompetence!!

Just through it on the pile with all the other things he and his malignant pal Sunhail should have been sacked for. Not since fkin Kean has anybody been so untouchable and self serving. 

I'm sure there's folks on here that will still continue to shake his hand and have a natter with him over afternoon tea though (no matter how well meaning their intetions may be) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

26 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Mike Graham is the Chairman of the We Are The Rovers We Are THE Rovers (roverstrust.com)

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Are you questioning chaddys belief system. Shame on you😜

Edited by funny-old-game
  • Like 2

Everyone kicking off about the price we got for him compared to his current value. He was doing well for a championship side but there was no guarantee he'd do well in the Premiership. Off your heads if you think Rovers could have got much more for him at that stage of his career,

3 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

Everyone kicking off about the price we got for him compared to his current value. He was doing well for a championship side but there was no guarantee he'd do well in the Premiership. Off your heads if you think Rovers could have got much more for him at that stage of his career,

wharton is special,you could tell the moment he started his rovers 1st team career,it was clear he was destined for the top,we sold him on the cheap instead of holding on for another year when we could have got another 10 million from one of the big clubs,as it stands palace are going to make more out of him that we have,courtesy of the clowns that run the club

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

To chap Mike, he's trying to make a difference. 

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep off our heads to think we could get something similar to another 20 year old who made the move just months earlier.

But at the end of the day something is only worth what folk will pay - and yep, we weren’t getting much more when a ‘please buy him, we can’t pay our bills’ sign was stapled to his forehead.

Cause and effect in its purest form. Venky’s try to hoodwink the authorities and are caught sending illegal funds. That in turn leads to an investigation, that eventually means they can’t send any funds, panic ensues as there is no money to pay the day to day running costs, which leads to a panic sale. The ultimate cost could be at least £10M if not more.

Very fit and proper people our owners. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Thanks to all who answered my question. 

Mike once showed me and my grandson around Ewood Park. We saw a lot, even places where other touring parties didn't go. He is a 1st class bloke who is chairman of Rovers Trust.

Previously Preston Blue of this parish and used to sit in "Bullshit Corner"at the Royal Oak, Riley Green.

P.S. Bullshit Corner no longer exists.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep off our heads to think we could get something similar to another 20 year old who made the move just months earlier.

But at the end of the day something is only worth what folk will pay - and yep, we weren’t getting much more when a ‘please buy him, we can’t pay our bills’ sign was stapled to his forehead.

Scott had played more games ,had more goals had more assists and had been in the England under 21 squads ,and had played for them.

I think Wharton is the better player and will go onto have a much better career but the point still stands the likes of Tyler Morton was getting in the under 21 squads ahead of him while he was here 

Even when it was clear we were selling him in January why weren't other clubs at least matching the bids for Wharton?Not all clubs in the league had issues with ffp.

It's taken him performing in the premier league to become the talk of it