BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

In the future people will look back and think today was the day we bottled the playoffs with the games to come. In truth the playoffs were bottled in January and once again it wasn’t on the pitch. If can't beat teams like Hull and Huddersfield we aren’t going to beat the teams in and around the playoffs in our last few games. Particularly going in with 1 win in 7 form.

• Like 5

As far as I'm concerned that's a must win game and you just can't be that passive and lacking intensity in such a game.

Bitterly disappointing but why the manager took Wharton out of that side and picked Gallagher is completely beyond me.

• Like 6

It's amazing how well we can play without looking like we are going to score any goals.

As I have said if we can get a couple of decent strikers to replace BBD and Gallagher, hold everyone else together, then I think we will do very well next season.

It's a shame we didn't sign a decent striker in Jan as we would be nailed on for playoffs now.

• Like 3

Embarrassed that we’re anywhere near the play offs. If by some miracle we end up in the top 6, the rest of the league should be ashamed. 

No quality, no confidence and terrible decision making. No shots on target in the second half against a poor side with nothing to play for. Wrong team selection and took too long to change it. 

Right now, I’d shake hands on 10th place and finish the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

He had his big chance tonight but was too slow..

Big chance?

We had 1 and it fell to Dolan. Back to creating absolutely nothing as we had the 2 crabs in midfield who are incapable of creativity and a striker who has no movement, no football brain and no strikers instinct. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

To many wind ups here... still in playoffs... 5 games to go and one game in hand. Disappointing draw but we can all see the manager doing wonders with these useless players letting him down...

Wind ups?!? Yours is the wind up! People are pissed off after we have thrown away the most presentable 3 points we had left. We are Rovers fans, we're not posting criticism to wind up other Rovers fans, we're posting it because we are extremely frustrated, and it's not without reason. If you don't agree with it fine, but saying others are on the windup cos they're annoyed is the real provocation.

• Like 6

The manager got it wrong tonight and it seems so obvious to almost everyone but himself. Let's be honest, there is no "right" team with this squad.

It's either Gallagher or a kid.

It's either Morton or another kid.

We needed some decent signings in January to replace both of them so ensure we were in the mix. Not hope the academy can prop us up.

Dolan and Travis were both poor.

Brereton has already gone.

Edited by booth
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

As far as I'm concerned that's a must win game and you just can't be that passive and lacking intensity in such a game.

Bitterly disappointing but why the manager took Wharton out of that side and picked Gallagher is completely beyond me.

And why leave it until the 84th min to bring Wharton on ?

The club do not want promotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I honestly wish someone would put us out of the misery of thinking we might still do it.

Really embarrassing to see how far away we are from the required level, when it matters. Embarrassing to think I fall for it every time.

We all do. Pretty grim.

• Like 2