BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't think they mind facing us in the play-offs. Should be able to outmuscle this bunch fairly easily. Millwall would be a worse match for them imo.

Luton have a small squad, you'd expect them to rest a few at some point regardless in preparation for the play off games, pretty much every team does.

Clutching at straws a bit though, I'm not sure our players can pick themselves up sadly after the heartbreak of tonight.

It could have been a lot worse tonight and it'd still in our own hands, just a lot more unlikely than it could have been.

Lots of outrage at the JDT subs but his hand was forced a little bit as a few players were shattered. Ultimately what DID cost us 3 points tonight was a goal that shouldn't have stood, that's not even up for debate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Technically still in it but it's quite bizarre that we are after a run of no wins in how many?

I'd still wager though that no matter how badly the other sides perform we'll react accordingly and do whatever it takes to finish  just outside the playoffs. You could put your house on it. It's the mentality that's built up within and surrounding the Club.

The narrative will then be about how unlucky we've been and what a great season we've had, when in reality ( for the second season running) a play off place should never have been in doubt

Couldn't agree more with this. Since venkys took over, getting a gig at rovers means doing just enough to get your money, but don't be too successful because that will raise expectations and you might not be able to meet them

they're all at it and venkys couldn't give a shit.

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

If we’d signed better players, we’d have converted more chances surely?

Maybe, maybe not. My point is we have to be beating Hull at home and seeing out tonight when we are going for the playoffs with 5/6 games remaining. That should be motivating enough for any player, we look so poor recently and should be putting in better performances. We have decent players. 

I really think the injuries to both full backs was critical tonight. I honestly didn't think it was a five at the back as Thomas got forward but, as he always does he covers well for the full back in this instance Carter. I was happy with the performance though as we played quicker than we have for a few games and at times were a cut above Coventry. I couldn't tell from where I was but I've been told their goal is a clear handball. As always getting a second goal would have been crucial but we just couldn't get it.

We are still in there and hopefully we can put Nobbers out of it on Saturday by beating them.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, booth said:

It's a reason why we don't score so many goals though.

We haven't signed a striker since Summer 2019.

Look at Millwall and Luton. Grinding out results every week because they are motivated and have a game plan. Is their squad any better than ours?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Maybe, maybe not. My point is we have to be beating Hull at home and seeing out tonight when we are going for the playoffs with 5/6 games remaining. That should be motivating enough for any player, we look so poor recently and should be putting in better performances. We have decent players. 

With the current squad we have some very inconsistent players capable of playing well now and again, combined with some decent players, kids still learning their trade, some awful players and a top scorer who is sleepwalking his way through every game. What sets us apart from other teams at the top is scoring goals and after the lack of investment over the last two or three years it's hardly surprising.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Look at Millwall and Luton. Grinding out results every week because they are motivated and have a game plan. Is their squad any better than ours?

I mean Millwall have just lost 2 of their last 3 games but yeah... 

I didn't hear most on here lamenting the January window this time last month when we looked very likely to get in the playoffs. I was as disappointed as anyone with the January window but using it as an excuse now to cover the current squad from imploding isn't ok with me. It's on them and the manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Both have better goal difference than us, especially Luton. Millwall are as inconsistent as Rovers.

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Yeah why Thomas went in at right back when Ayala could have gone center and Carter to Right back baffles me. If you’re going to park the bus, fucking park it all the way in 

Ayala hasn't played a game for a few months. Throwing him into a game like this would be crazy.

• Like 2

Gutted after tonight result but very happy with the overall performance tonight. 

We scored a brilliant goal. 

Thought Carter and Hyam were brilliant against Gyokeres who they kept quiet all game. 

Adam Wharton was rightly the man of the match. 

Thought the game changed when Wharton and JRC went off

Coventry keep going tonight but their goal shouldn't have stood as it handball by their keeper. 

We are still 6th and it's in our hands. Just keep playing well and performing and we get the playoffs. It's going to go down the last game. So many twisted and turns to come. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

JDT...

“We look at the results from yesterday and today, we have plenty to play for.

“Four games to go and we are in an excellent position"

he is deluded

.”.”

CV building for a summer move. He's been focused on it for some time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

I didn't hear most on here lamenting the January window this time last month when we looked very likely to get in the playoffs. I was as disappointed as anyone with the January window but using it as an excuse now to cover the current squad from imploding isn't ok with me. It's on them and the manager.

Weird take when we have -2 GD, the manager asked for a striker and didn't get one, and admin screwed up the O Brien transfer. Not speculation but documented fact. Over the entire season our GD has been poor compared to the others at the top so it was always going to be an issue if it came to battling for a play off place.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

JDT...

“We look at the results from yesterday and today, we have plenty to play for.

“Four games to go and we are in an excellent position"

he is deluded

.”.”

What isn’t true about those statements?

• Like 6

Absolutely crushing result. Really cruel game sometimes. It’s hard to summon any positivity, but thanks to other playoff hopefuls slipping up we are actually slightly closer to the playoffs than we were before kick off. Late agony aside, It’s not a terrible result and the players showed up in a crunch game for once which is encouraging. 

• Like 1

Table is crazy.

3 points cover 5th to 11th.

Watford and Swansea in 12th and 13th are only 5 points behind us.

Rovers comfortably dominated most of that game. I have confidence in JDT setting us up right for PNE but really worry about the injury situation. It is hard to legislate when Dolan comes on and is a complete liability for his 10 minutes- won nothing and gave it away every time he had possession.

Adam Wharton- what a gem of a player.

• Like 6