BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

I'm not convinced Brereton isn't trying, think we were maybe right, and he's just a bit crap.

Guess we'll find out in about a year after a full season in La Liga.

I'm getting vibes of 'fox in the box' Franny Jeffers.

One purple patch then constant decline. 

When we're on the ball, he's growing into the game a bit more and looks less useless than the last few weeks. Off the ball though he's an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Tugay was a full international at age 20.

He was always a very good footballer.

It was tongue in cheek.  Wharton has a very long way to go before he’s half the player Tugay was, let alone turning out for PSG.

Edited by New Jeru

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Perfect comparison. He just oozes quality. Considering this is against Burnley and not Blackpool, it's by far his best performance. I can't belive just how good he is. 

It’s the awareness and having made the pass before it’s already started travelling to him. And the height/stride.

9 minutes ago, New Jeru said:

Tugay didn’t didn’t even peak until he was about 34.  Imagine how good Wharton will be in 15 years.

Probably at Bayern or PSG, though.

Not sure that we saw the best Tugay. He was a goal scoring midfielder for Galatasaray. Would be interesting to know.

Just now, JonnyP said:

He’s having a great game but comparing against Zidane n Xavi might be getting a little carried away at this moment in time 😂😂😂

Certainly nowhere near the level yet, haha!

But style of play is similar. 10 years of hard work and who knows?!

1 minute ago, JonnyP said:

He’s having a great game but comparing against Zidane n Xavi might be getting a little carried away at this moment in time 😂😂😂

ha its not his all round game just the way he takes the ball and can always turn and find space on the half turn not that he's on that level

2 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

You're right ..he's better so comparing him to them isn't fair 😉

• Like 3

1 minute ago, New Jeru said:

It was tongue in cheek.  Wharton has a very long way to go before he’s half the player Tugay was, let alone turning out for PSG.

But feel free to show me where I said Tugay was shit at 20.

That was not my point and indeed I never suggested you had.

Simply that Tugay had class throughout his career and Adam promises to have too.