BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

17 minutes ago, superniko said:

Did we though? If we did, the chances were slim and unlikely so not even to be called ‘half chances’ (granted a chunk of theirs has probably come from that open goal at the end).

A lot of talk about ‘taking our chances‘ again as I’ve seen week after week. I keep reverting back to the absolute diddly squat we actually created (another match with sub 1.00 xG). 
Happens when your ‘creative’ players are Diaz/Dolan/Hedges

84657AA8-15B0-4373-9844-F5989D6F9ECF.jpeg

Prior to their goal their xG was 0.02

It doesn't matter how good we might be playing atm,i have no faith that while Venkys are the owners that we will get promotion.lots of people recently saying hopefully JDT will get backing in the summer to improve us,the time to get the backing was in Jan when we were up at the top,we ended up trying to get last day loans and we failed all month to get a striker,but they tried to get people in people will say,we're tryers and the people getting promoted are the people that get things done.

We will be in the same position next season then the season after etc etc until we get owners that give a shit about the club getting back intp the prem.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Agreed, wonder why Markanday wasn't recalled... always impressed me, think jdt has scored an own goal given our threadbare attacking options 

He gave an interview after the Jan window clearly pissed off that we'd sent out two attackers and only brought in Thomas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure that they are transformative, and they both cost over a million and Tomasson has said its loans and frees this summer.

I find it slightly difficult to believe that we would bring in GB and a new recruitment team, as well as a new manager. Then spend £5million within a few weeks of them arriving, only to then have no money for them once they have finally assessed the squad after 12 months.

• Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

I find it slightly difficult to believe that we would bring in GB and a new recruitment team, as well as a new manager. Then spend £5million within a few weeks of them arriving, only to then have no money for them once they have finally assessed the squad after 12 months.

Having doggedly followed Rovers under the ownership of Venkys, I can easily believe it sadly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

One word. Venkys.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Where have you been these past 10 years or so?

• Like 4

Just now, J*B said:

I believe that effort on goal had an xG of 0.02. They had much more than that in total. 

No they really didn't they had the chance at the end which bumped them up to 0.92. They had 1 shot on goal all game

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT: “I think a goal like that is class, and he was even sitting on the bench.

“They had three strikers and a winger sitting on the bench, and bringing on a player of that quality.

“It’s very difficult to stop when it’s a quality player.

“We were defending excellently to that point, played football under pressure, one and two touches, and what were lacking is the final third.”

Well said that man. 

He’s done it all season. He’s a one trick pony. The lad next to me said don’t let him on his left foot seconds before Pickering did let him cut in on his left foot. It really wasn’t that difficult to stop from when he picked the ball up.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, 1874 said:

No they really didn't they had the chance at the end which bumped them up to 0.92. They had 1 shot on goal all game

It’s a pointless argument but you’re wrong. They had 0.13 in the first half alone (not sure exact before goal yet). They had 8 shots all game. 
They created fuck all, we created fuck all minus 1

2 minutes ago, 1874 said:

At some point early second half before they scored my phone said they had 0.34 xG. That’s all I know. 

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Having doggedly followed Rovers under the ownership of Venkys, I can easily believe it sadly.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One word. Venkys.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Where have you been these past 10 years or so?

Fair points. 

Its just unlike Venkys to inform the manager he’s going to be left high and dry 6 months in advance. They normally leave them hanging.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

At some point early second half before they scored my phone said they had 0.34 xG. That’s all I know. 

Fair enough about the 0.02 I heard it wrong but zero saves from Pears and one shot on target (the goal) is a fact

Edited by 1874

It’s sickening what Venky’s have done to our fans expectations. We managed about half a dozen top 6 finishes in this league in the 80s, but now we are looking on jealously and shitting ourselves at the prospect of playing a team that was non-league when those cretins bought us. Even if we end up finishing 8th some people will call our performance miraculous. I don’t get it. After last seasons collapse I’m not sure I can handle us blowing and opportunity again this time round. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Fair points. 

Its just unlike Venkys to inform the manager he’s going to be left high and dry 6 months in advance. They normally leave them hanging.

I think he’s spent the last 10 months talking about developing assets because he realises to generate budget he needs to develop and sell talent. 

• Like 1