BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Just seen the Carter goal.

The SS strike is worth watching again. Perfection in the strike and an inch lower it bounces over the line.

It didn't go in but I'm lucky I got to see the skill.

It is so good and just reinforces "take the fucking shot" and see what happens.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Failing to hold our nerve and failing to put away our chances isn't down to luck, to be fair, it's just the team not being good enough. If we could score more than one goal per match we might not have to be so fixated on bad luck. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Short memory.

With Mowbray it was self inflicted, he wanted to play without centre forwards. With Tomasson he wanted a centre forward in January and didn't get one.

Waggott should resign now.

Strange reply

Both managers messed it up in their own ways

This season’s implosion feels more sickening though because we were so well placed just a few short weeks ago

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I've not turned the telly off thinking wow, that Luton lot are a good team. I'm not saying we played them off the park, but I don't think anybody watching that game could really say Luton impressed them.

That's the thing, 1st half they were poor and 2nd half they were average but the fact they were comfortable throughout and still should have been out of sight is a damning indictment of the way we setup for thae whole game.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

What utter bollox.

This season has been tremendous, far beyond expectations in my opinion, the football and players have come of leaps and bounds from last season. Yes we ran out of steam, yes we ran out of ideas, but considering we lost the likes of Rothwell, Van Hecke and Lenihan over the summer, its been superb.

Sets us up for a proper push next season, but only if JDT remains, anything else would be disastrous. 

How can it exceed expectations when we're probably going to finish in the same place as last season? 

Edited by roverandout

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

What utter bollox.

This season has been tremendous, far beyond expectations in my opinion, the football and players have come of leaps and bounds from last season. Yes we ran out of steam, yes we ran out of ideas, but considering we lost the likes of Rothwell, Van Hecke and Lenihan over the summer, its been brilliant, 

Sets us up for a proper push next season, but only if JDT remains, anything else would be disastrous. 

Gav mate,

We need to improve on what we have with over half of this side..how the fook do we do that if were shopping in the cheap Transfer and Loanees dept?

The Pune Goons are strangling this club as you well know...can we really move forward?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

To move on….Poor management today from JDT …the fact that Brererton was on the pitch at kickoff ….and as he continued his pathetic play not to be removed …sackable. 
Sad statement, I believe Dack won’t / shouldn’t be in a Rovers shirt again .

Diaz will be robbing some poor owners somewhere 

Ayala off the wage bill, Thomas returned to Huddersfield , Mola returned…all these are positives ..

Whether JDT stays or goes I just hope he’s learned something..this is a bloody tough league which needs balls on the field and balls  in the dugout ..

If I’m honest we’re not good enough, not equipped enough to take a play off place..but….as the young lads will have gained much from these tough months I hope we can build and develop 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Travis not good enough.

Dolan not good enough.

Hedges not good enough.

Recruitment not good enough.

Brereton... From zero to hero to zero.

Imagine if that absolute bastard Mowbray who starved us of centre forwards gets in the play offs. Then it really would be a disappointing end to the season.

Yeap, the front 3 are all truely awful. I would drop all 3 for the next game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

What utter bollox.

This season has been tremendous, far beyond expectations in my opinion, the football and players have come of leaps and bounds from last season. Yes we ran out of steam, yes we ran out of ideas, but considering we lost the likes of Rothwell, Van Hecke and Lenihan over the summer, its been superb.

Thanks for your input

Excuse me if I disregard  someone who thinks Dolan is the “most exciting player in the club” and anyone who says otherwise “doesn’t have a pulse” 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

How can it exceed expectations when we're probably going to finish in the same place as last season? 

My expectations didn't include a tremendous FA Cup run that brought some pride and passion back to club and town or a league finish above 14th, Sammie Szmodics or Dom Hyam.

How about yours?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Strange reply

Both managers messed it up in their own ways

This season’s implosion feels more sickening though because we were so well placed just a few short weeks ago

How do you win games of football Jim? What's the ultimate decider?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No, you’ve got it all wrong. Dolan is the “most exciting player in the club” and anyone who doesn’t think so “hasn’t got a pulse”

It’s there, in black and white, in this thread, before kickoff

You keep dragging this up, but there's a large difference between exciting and effective. When Dolan is in form, he is both. He has sadly been out of form for a while now. Being out of position hasn't helped that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

My expectations didn't include a tremendous FA Cup run that brought some pride and passion back to club and town or a league finish above 14th, Sammie Szmodics or Dom Hyam.

How about yours?

I have to say, once we signed Sammie Szmodics and Dom Hyam, I entirely expected Sammie Szmodics and Dom Hyam.

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

You look at the team last year and then compare it to this one.

we have done a 180 on our style of play. We are literally a few players away from a genuinely top side. We are still in the play off hunt in the final game of the season. When has that happened in the last 13 years? When did it happen last season? 

• Like 5

Just now, bluebruce said:

You keep dragging this up, but there's a large difference between exciting and effective. When Dolan is in form, he is both. He has sadly been out of form for a while now. Being out of position hasn't helped that.

Spot on, along with Szmodics he's the type of player that gets you out of your seat, pulse not withstanding.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Finish in the same place as last season after watching most of the starting 11 walk for free or return on loan.  The cupboard was quite bare last summer.  We finish this year with only BBD walking and Morton going back to his parent club.  Most of the first team return, if we are able to bring in a center striker or two and competition at left back, we are in a great position heading into next year.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, booth said:

Travis not good enough.

Dolan not good enough.

Hedges not good enough.

Recruitment not good enough.

Brereton... From zero to hero to zero.

Imagine if that absolute bastard Mowbray who starved us of centre forwards gets in the play offs. Then it really would be a disappointing end to the season.

Pickering...not good enough

Buckley...not good enough

Morton...not good enough

Carter... debatable

Garrett... debatable

Dolan...debatable

Squad needs a massive revamp.

Keepers are fine.

Hyam, JRC, Whartons x2, Sammie should all be retained. The rest I can take or leave.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, the front 3 are all truely awful. I would drop all 3 for the next game.

We're seeing years of neglect finally coming to a head with Venkys thinking they can penny pinch by relying on the academy and keeping Mowbray on way beyond his sell by date.

Tomasson will leave and it's going to get worse next season, with another yes man installed. We'll sell our best youngsters and keep the dross.

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

While it’s not unfair to make this comparison (“results-based business” as they do often say), I think it’s not to be understated just how dysfunctional we are as a club.

It’s not good for a business to be funded indiscriminately, without any real oversight at the executive level and for those with actual power over the organisation (the owners) to be so disinterested in the organisation’s main focus.

It’s that which leads to the underperformance at the tail end of the season here, after having created the situation where three starters walk on free transfers.

Which is to say: new manager; 4 starters gone (including Van Hecke); first time with a DoF since Kenny(?); three academy graduates making debuts; new captain, due to the old one walking on a free… I think we all expected to struggle to mid-table and I certainly did.

Compound that with a catastrophic failure of the creaking, feckless club administration (I don’t level blame at Broughton for deadline day failings) in January, I think it has been an improvement in a number of ways, because the potential is clearer. Mowbray lost interest in the job a few seasons ago with the “it’s not the 90s anymore” guff. He was telling people to leave for the bright lights of Sunderland by the end!

I don’t think what he’d built is in anyway comparable to the foundations JDT has tried to lay down.

• Like 6